❈sanada┊perfect party

❈sprinkles of christmas ┊ EXO style

 

christmas123.png

Title: Perfect Party

Pairing: Suho/Kai/Kyungsoo

Word Count: 1,600

 

 

Christmas tree. Check!
Decoration. Check!
Gifts. Check!
Music and games. Check!
Wine. Check!
Ordering the food. Check!



“Snacks and beverages—” Suho frowns at the checking list on his hand before opening his refrigerator. Three bottles of juice and all of ingredients he needs to make home-made salad are already there. Finding his food supply is enough for tonight’s party, he smiles and scratches the last item on his list.
“Check!”

 


It’s been a tradition that Suho and his friends will celebrate Christmas in rotation; and this year is his turn to be the host. Since early in the morning, he has been busy with cleaning up and managing his apartment; sparkling Christmas tree with gifts piling up under it. Red table sheet that matching with a green rug. Candles and flowers are on the table.

It should’ve been a casual party, but Suho wants it perfect.

At least he doesn’t want his party ending up like last year Christmas party by Kaisoo, which are none other than Kyungsoo and his immature boyfriend, Kai as his helper.



The story begins when they decided to have the Christmas party at Kyungsoo’s villa which was positioned so far away from Seoul to the point that its location might not be consider as South Korean territory anymore. Actually they could’ve had a great moment if Kai didn’t stupidly bring out his exaggerating sound systems for ‘cheering up the moment’ which directly made the electricity current down when he turned it on.



Literally, they were trapped in the dark after having their cell phone off from low battery. They had no electrician services for fixing up the problem, considering it’s a holiday; the one and only flashlight was left at the second floor; and they had no neighbor—thanks to Kyungsoo for choosing a primitive location to be the party place.



It’s starting to be more disastrous when a clingy Kai tried to take advantage from the darkness by supposed-to-be-kissing Kyungsoo yet actually kissing Sehun. The maknae screamed at the sudden kiss and reflexively threw his powerful fist aimlessly but somehow landed on Chanyeol’s stomach, making the cell phone on his hand flew to somewhere—like to Baekhyun face. A bruising Baekhyun furiously slammed the unidentified flying object on the floor, crashing it directly with a loud crack along with the glasses that Kyungsoo purposely brought from home.


Learning from the more-bitter-than-sweet experience, Suho wants his Christmas party to be special, well-organized, and—perfect.
 

 

Dark Christmas Comments

“Merry Christmas!!”

Kai exclaims cheerfully with a wide grin stretching over his face while Suho just remains silent, raising a questioning eyebrow at the sun kissed skin boy standing by the door.

“Why are you already here?”

It’s still five hours before the party starts and every living thing knows that Kai isn’t a typical of an on-time person. Instead of answering, Kai hands him a large plastic bag, containing a box of instant flour, butter, sugar, a carton of milk, cook chocolate, eggs—wait a second—

“I want to make my own cake” says Kai, who walks out of the kitchen while tying up an apron onto his waist. Suho has all of his attention on the bag, until not realizing that Kai has already entered his apartment. “I think it’s a good idea if we make our own cake for Christmas.”

“Why don’t you use your own kitchen?”

“Actually—I have a little accident in my kitchen, but don’t worry. Now I know how to use a mixer and to turn on a stove for baking cake” Kai smiles sheepishly.

“We use oven for baking, Kai. Not stove.”

“Yeah—I mean that.”

Suho rubs his face with his hand in desperation.

“I appreciate your very nice intention, Kai.” Suho can see Kai’s eyes lit up in excitement. “But—I will more appreciate if you just sit down there and do nothing.” He continues as he pulls off the apron’s ribbon on Kai’s waist and pushes him out of the kitchen. “Anyway, I’ve ordered a cake at the bakery.”

Suho doesn’t mean to be harsh, but he can’t let an immature Kai ruining his perfect party—nor his kitchen which he has been cleaning it up for two weeks. Kai pouts and looks down at his toes; a habit he has whenever he feels uncomfortable.

“I-I am just trying to be nice. I can’t bear this guilty feeling. Even after the incident, Chanyeol barely brings up about his broken cell phone. Baekhyun and Sehun are still so kind to me. Kyungsoo keeps cooking for me. They give me everything I need, but I’ve never given them anything for a return—I feel so useless. Please, Suho. Let me make a cake for them.”

Throwing away all of his kindness on the garbage for the sake of his perfect party, Suho crosses arms and shakes his head.

“Please, Suho-ah. For me, Please.” Kai emerges his best smile, clasping his hands. Afraid of being weak at his whimpering, Suho looks away still on his decision.

Kai snorts childishly.

“Lay told me that he would come tonight. He really admires a person who good at making cake, you know”

Suho turns toward Kai as his heart skips a beat when hearing the name. “R-really?”

Kai nods. “I can’t forget how he showered my baby a lot of compliments for his decent cake. If we were not in relationship at the moment, Lay might’ve asked Kyungsoo to go out with him.”

Silent.

“O-okay you may use my kitchen. B-but let me help you. I don’t want you dirtying my place” The older quickly hides his embarrassment before turning around and Kai can’t hold back his laughter when Suho silently calls the bakery to cancel his orders.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

 

Suho is fallen asleep at the couch after he has finished his cake for Lay, when Kai is still struggling to make his cake edible. He should've known that letting Kai to touch his cooking tools without supervision literally means to lead his Christmas party into a brink of destruction.

“FIRE—FIRE!”

Suho’s eyes flutters open when he feels drops of water splashed on his face. He has the water sprinkles on which slowly drenching his clothes. As he hears the panic screaming coming out from his kitchen, he no need to be genius to jump on a conclusion:

There’s must be something bad involving Kai—and his cake—and his kitchen.

"Kai what are you—OH MY GOD!”

Suho could’ve screamed frantically at the horrible scene as literally his kitchen is turning white form the smoke, but he knows it’s no use. Immediately, he grabs a fire extinguisher and aims it to his half-burnt oven. Within five minutes, everything is under control; there’s no more smoke or fire, but strangely Kai is nowhere to be seen. When he is about to find the little prank, his door bell is ringing.

“Suho!! Merry Christmas! Look, I bring—” Baekhyun can’t continue his words; Chanyeol and Sehun are speechless in pure shock; while Kyungsoo unintentionally drops his bag. They don’t know what to say when seeing a soaking wet Suho stands by the door.

“What—what happened?” Kyungsoo manages to say; he can see Suho’s apartment seems like had been hit by floods. But before the victim could say anything, out of nowhere Kai pops out behind Suho’s back.

“Guys, I-I swear I can explain this.”

 

Dark Christmas Comments

“Don’t be sad, Suho” Kyungsoo pats Suho’s back for cheering him up before handing him a glass of hot chocolate. They are lucky that Kyungsoo kindly brought them to his place for a replacement place as Suho’s apartment is a total mess up. “I admit I expected a normal Christmas for us. But nothing is more important than being together with our beloved persons at this special moment.” Kyungsoo says calmly before giving Kai a little peck.

Suho smiles but surely it’s a fail attempt. It’s not like he mad at Kai; he feels failed to make a great moment for his friends.

“Kyungsoo is right.” Baekhyun put his arm over Suho’s shoulder. “As long as we can spend our time together, I don’t really care with how great the party is. Right, Chan?” He shouts at the boy in the kitchen.

“True.” Chanyeol replies, walking toward them with a plate of cookies on his hand and placing it on the table. “More over, I think not everyone have a remarkable Christmas moment like us—like being trapped in the dark all night long or nearly having your apartment burnt. Be proud.”

“Yeah—thanks to me.” Kai says with a wide smile, but Sehun immediately slaps his head. “What?”

“I should’ve black-listed you from my best friend list, Kai. Really” Sehun shooks his head and throws him an insulting gaze. With that, Kai and Sehun start their bickering all over again, while the others just laugh at them.

Taking a glance at his friends, Suho smiles as he feels a little bit better. He loves being in the middle of his friends. Their laughter is always warming his day, no matter how cold the December is, and their precence is always cheering him up whenever he feels down.

To be with them, his Christmas is always perfect.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

 

Personal message:

Hopefully you have a great Christmas with your beloved persons.

~sanada

 

Lady: Kim Jongin, the unintentional party pooper xD I'm wondering how Baby Soo puts up with him.

collon: Kai... is cooking? *can't help but to imagine Kai wearing apron... >///< sorry for being a weirdo *bows*