❈mirrored-dance┊christmas with the dead

❈sprinkles of christmas ┊ EXO style

christmas122.png

Title: Christmas With The Dead

Pairing: Kyungsoo/Everyone

Word Count: 1,107

 

It wasn’t like Do Kyungsoo was the last man on Earth, but he was the only living human being in his home town, besides the brain eating zombies lurking on the streets. Kyungsoo was obviously scared, his expression showed… but he had to fight for his own. There were times that he thought he was already a goner, but he was lucky that he was able to escape, fortunately.


Kyungsoo’s current situation right now is hiding underground. Thankfully, there are a lot of holes made by the previous team that in here, so he could breathe clearly. He has been underground even since he lost all of his companions (bad luck, huh?) on the way to a safer place. Well, this underground shelter was made before-hand, before all the people he was with had all died.

So, this shelter had working appliances underground, but he still had to go up to fetch good and other necessities. It was miracle how they were able to let the appliances work here, but the companions Kyungsoo were with, they were brilliant men.

Too bad they all died, and now, they’re up there, in the streets with their other kind. Of course… Without any people to be with, his life was repetitive and boring. He just listening to the groans of the zombies above. It gets lonely sometimes, especially during the Christmas season… Especially when all the people you love is dead.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

It was the dawn of Christmas today, Kyungsoo was sitting on the worn out couch, staring at the blank television screen.
He sighed deeply and murmured, “Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo.” He smiled to himself, stood up and headed into the dark tunnels which connected the underground shelter to some of the places he needed to go to get the necessities he needed. Kyungsoo made way to an empty building, and went to the highest floor of the building; he went to the balcony and leaned on the railing, staring at all the walking dead on the streets.


It was snowing today, which was the main thing on Kyungsoo’s mind. Well, it was probably because… this was the first White Christmas in years. He held out his hand, and smiled as snowflakes landed on his hand. Kyungsoo didn’t realize he caught the attention of…certain undead.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.


What was that? It was a familiar feeling, been a few years since they’ve felt this…emotion. A mere look at the human on the balcony, smiling to himself and catching the snow flakes, had stirred up a weird thumping feeling that made their heart realize that… despite them being zombies, they all had feelings. And all for the same guy. It…felt kind of wrong. But it seemed… oh-so-right.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

 

Kyungsoo was at the broken down grocery store, quietly getting supplies without being detected by the walking dead. But, just as he was about to go out… his shoelace got stuck. Kyungsoo panicked, once he saw eleven walking dead heading his way. He desperately tried to tug on his shoe, but it just wouldn’t come off.


‘So, it just has to end like this, huh?’ Kyungsoo thought bitterly, ‘Bitten on Christmas.’


But, he wasn’t expecting that the tall, lanky zombie unlaced his shoe. Kyungsoo blinked several times, just then he realized that… the zombies weren’t eating them. But they were staring at Kyungsoo curiously, and the tan-skinned zombie touched his cheek, and signaled him to be quiet.


Kyungsoo nodded slowly and felt something on his cheek; one of them was putting blood on him. He was appalled, yet Kyungsoo did not stop them. It was strategy. A disgusting strategy, but nonetheless, he knows he will be protected.


A tall zombie, who seemed to have this poker face, handed him a wallet. Kyungsoo took out a picture, a picture of them, these eleven zombies, when they were still human. Somebody scribbled the names on each person on the picture.

 

Chanyeol.
Baekhyun.
Sehun.
Luhan.
Kris.
Tao.
Xiumin.
Chen.
Lay.
Suho.
And…
Kai.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the zombies in front of him. All of them were bitten, but when you take a good look at them, they seemed quite normal. It was like nothing was wrong with them. He stared at the zombies, who were staring at him back. This was going to be an interesting Christmas.

 

Throughout the day, the eleven zombies were following Kyungsoo around, helping him with his needs. Kyungsoo learned to like them; they weren’t horrifying as they look like. Kyungsoo learned to get pass that. The zombies were actually helping Kyungsoo on how to act like a zombie so he wouldn’t be suspected as a human.


They spent Christmas together, playing under the snow, which surprised Kyungsoo because they were actually capable of throwing snowballs that makes your brain shake because of impact. They made a snow man, and walked around the streets, without anybody suspecting Kyungsoo wasn’t one of them. It was weird, because Kyungsoo wasn’t used to just casually walking around the streets not carrying a gun.


Was it wrong for Kyungsoo to actually feel something else for the zombies? Like, he was crushing on them, just a tiny bit. He wasn’t really aware that the eleven walking dead were actually feeling the same thing towards them.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

When night came, the zombies were following Kyungsoo, who was on the way back to his underground shelter. He turned to the zombies, who stopped immediately.


“Merry Christmas, you guys.” Kyungsoo smiled brightly, he gave each one a peck on the cheek. The zombies felt more alive, and more…human. Kyungsoo was about to go down, but he didn’t notice a sharp edge that scraped his leg. Blood oozed out, Kyungsoo hissed it pain and wiped it with a clean cloth.


The eleven zombies, at the sight of the blood, grew hungry.


Kyungsoo thought they changed.


But he was wrong.


The zombies advanced on him, trying to take a bite of him, and they did. They feasted on him, like their Christmas dinner. Kyungsoo's wails and screams of pain were unnoticed, because everybody were zombies. There was nobody who could help him.


“…Merry Christmas.” The zombies mumbled, as they watched the lifeless Kyungsoo on the street, re-animate into one of them. A walking dead.


It was the most horrible Christmas Kyungsoo’s ever had.

 

Dark Christmas Comments

PERSONAL MESSAGE:

Oh, why hello there. Since eonnie xLadySakurax wrote me a zombie fic, I’ll write one back. Thanks for the inspiration, eonnie~ Hope you guys enjoy the crap I made.

~mirrored-dance

 

Lady: idk if i should be sobbing or laughing right now ;n; baby soo's a zombie now which means he's dead (or living dead) /wails/ But yes, thank you dongsaeng~!