❈blake_maclaren┊so this is how it starts

❈sprinkles of christmas ┊ EXO style

christmas123.png

Title: So This Is How It Starts

Pairing: Jongin/Yixing side!Hunhan

Word Count: 891

 


“You are such a homoual loser.”

“Excuse me. I am not a loser just because I do not act like a jackrabbit like you and Luhan. A homo maybe, but not a loser.”

“Stupid. I was referring to you hopelessly checking out Yixing’s for like what, 6 months now?”

“. Can you not see the perfection that is Zhang Yixing? I am a mere mortal as compared to his perfection.”

“Puhlease. Like should I be the one you’re supposed to be telling that to? There’s Luhan, and Yixing’s with him. Why not tell that to his face?”

“I cannot! Please, do not force me!”

 

Dark Christmas Comments

 

Oh Sehun cannot possibly remember how many times he heard this dialogue already. His best friend, Jongin, was in love with his boyfriend’s bestfriend, Yixing. This was all and well for him but what he cannot stomach was Jongin’s everyday musings about how perfect, and gorgeous, and adorable and everything good under the sun Yixing was. What makes the matter worse is that probably the whole school knows of Jongin’s infatuation… all except Yixing. And hearing Jongin wallow in his one-sided love was getting a bit too much for his precious ears. So he decided to give his best friend a little help in the form of two extra pushes.

Push # 1 was all about confessing to Yixing through dancing. Sehun thought this was probably enough because Jongin was a great dancer but sadly things didn’t go right when Jongin decided to have 2 left feet at the most inopportune time. He tripped on his feet a record 6 times during the 3 minute dance performance.

Push # 2 was inviting Yixing for dinner and confessing. But it failed because when Sehun and Jongin were discussing plans for dinner, they met Luhan and Yixing on the stairs and Jongin had his usual bout of clumsiness, tripping and landing on his face.

Thankfully, final results were achieved though God knows how when Yixing and Jongin appeared the next day in front of the school with hands held together.

Jongin wasn’t thankful because he thought Sehun’s plans were all failures but Sehun didn’t mind. He was thankful enough that finally his mind (and his ears) can now take a well deserved rest.

 

 

Dark Christmas Comments

 

3 months later

“Hey babe, can I ask you a question?” Yixing asked his boyfriend when him and Jongin were lazing in bed together one fine December day.

“Sure. Fire away,” Jongin answered noncommittally, too busy planting small kisses on Yixing’s neck to pay 100% attention.

“You’re always known as the cool guy in school but when we always met, you acted so stupid. Why?”

Jongin let out a shriek of disbelief when his brain registered his boyfriend’s veiled insult. “Hey! I take offense to that! It was all your fault, because you’re always too bright!”

“Bright? What am I, surrounded by lights?”

“Remember the first time I was about to confess? That was during the time I danced for you.”

“Dance?” Yixing look surprised. “That was supposed to be a dance performance? I thought it was a comedy skit.”

“Baby, I am a great dancer, but not when I was about to confess. I’m the best dancer at school, but during that performance I tripped a grand total of 6 times. All because when I see you looking at me I lose my right foot and gain another left. God forbid my dance coach gets a wind of that embarrassment because I’ll get an earful.”

“Jongin,” Yixing deadpanned, ”I was bright. Literally. Luhan made me wear a bunch of glittery clothes (it was later that the couple learned it was Sehun and Luhan behind that particular confession plan) for no reason.”

“Oh, really? I thought it was just you being brighter than the sun.”

“You ought to attract some mice cause you’re so cheesy, Jongin.”

“Shut it. You love me for it.”

“That I can’t deny,” his boyfriend said, giving him a sweet peck on the lips. “Was the time we met at the stairs and you tripped my fault too?”

“Yep. I was talking with Sehun. About you of course, as we never talk about anything else besides you and Luhan. (Sehun later told Yixing he pitied his poor ears because they had to listen to Jongin mope about Yixing daily for how many months). Then when I looked up, there you were, looking so bright I didn’t see the stairs so I tripped and landed on my face.”

Yixing sighed for the nth time. “Baby, that wasn’t me. It was because I was standing in front of the window, and the sun was directly behind me.”

“But landing on my face was worth you fussing over me and spending time with me at the nurse’s office. And I got the guts to confess, so all’s well that ends well.”

“Oh baby~….” Yixing cooed over how adorable Jongin was. He may look cool and aloof in front of others but he was just this much of a puppy with his boyfriend.

They spend the later part eating the lunch Yixing made. Afterwards, as Yixing washed their dishes, and Jongin listened to the radio…



Oh this is how it starts
Lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun
Brighter than the sun



Jongin smiled. “Hey baby. I found our theme song.”

 

Dark Christmas Comments

PERSONAL MESSAGE:

Hi guys~ Hope we all have a Merry Christmas wherever and whenever we may spend it in the world. Spread the love guys!!! XD

~blake_maclaren

 

Lady: I'd like to place an order for Cheesy Jongin McCheese. /flails WAE IS JONGIN SUCH A CUTIE HERE? ;n; /sobs