Chapter 9

Everlasting

Shinhye's POV

I was searching for my handphone and finally found it under the table. Then, suddenly the door closed behind me. I turned back and my jaw dropped.

"Still remember me, Shinhye-ah?"

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering.

"What am I doing here? Of course, I'm here for studying. What else do you do at school?"

"You go to this school too?"

"Yes. By the way, nice to meet you again." he smiled. His smile was really sweet. I missed his smile.

"Mwo?!" I asked. I never imagined that I would meet him again here. He is the last person that I want to see.

"Why are you so surprised? Don't you miss your ex?" he smirked.

"No, not at all. You're the last person that I want to meet now."

"Huh? Really?"

"Yes. Sorry, I have to go now. I don't have much time to talk with a bastard," I said and walked to the door. As I passed him, suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist. I know that it was his hand. I stopped without looking at him.

"Shinhye, I'm sorry. I still love you. It was not like what you think. You misunderstood," he said. I turned around and faced him.

"Misunderstood you say? I saw you with another girl kissing and hugging and you said that I misunderstood? I think there's nothing to talk about," I said and pulled my wrist from his grip. I walked out of the class.

I walked fast to the cafe. I'm trying hard not to remember what happened back in the class. But, it keeps repeating on my mind. I wanted to cry whenever I remembered what he did to me. I finally arrived at the cafe. They already started working so I made my way to the toilet to change first. We worked until 9 pm. I sat on a chair, massaging my right foot. Seohyun sat beside me.

"You're not like usual, Shinhye. Are you tired?" Seohyun asked.

"A bit. Maybe because of my first day. Tomorrow, I will be okay. Don't worry," I said and smiled.

Yonghwa and Kyuhyun joined us. They sat on the empty chair in front of us.

"Today the cafe was very crowded. I'm really tired now," Kyuhyun said.

"Let's go home and rest," Yonghwa said and stood up from his chair. We stood up and went with him.

"Yong, can you take Shinhye home? I think she's not okay," Seohyun said.

"No need. I can go home by myself. I'm okay, so don't worry," I said and smiled.

"No, I will take you home," he said and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me with him.

"See you at school!" I said and waved at them with my free hand. They waved at me back.

We walked with him still holding my hand. When he grabbed my hand, I felt my heart beating fast. I still feel it now.

I looked at my hand that is in his grip. He stopped and I looked at him. He looked at our handsand realized that we are still holding hands. Then, he let go of my hand.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said and smiled.

"Is there something bothering you? You don't seem like you," he suddenly asked.

Should I tell him? Or should I not? But he is my best friend.

"Do you, by any chance, know a guy named Hongki? Lee Hongki?" I asked.

He nodded. "Wae? He is my friend. You know our school's band, FT Island? He is in it."

He still likes singing. I remembered how he sang for me. I smiled, remembering the good memories.

"Oh, I see. Are you close with him?"

"Hmm, yes. I think so. But, I'm closer to Kyuhyun and Seohyun."

"What kind of person he is?"

"Hongki? He is friendly and kind. He is funny too. He is loved by many girls, but until now, he doesn't have any girlfriend. I don't know why." What? He doesn't have any girlfriend? A boy like him? I couldn't believe.

"Really? When did you meet him?" Yeah, I know that I asked too much questions about him, but I just can't help it. I'm curious.

"I met him about three years ago when he transferred here." Ah, so he transferred here after breaking up with me? No wonder I didn't see him at my old school.

"Oh, so that's it."

"By the way, how do you know Hongki?" he turned to faced me.

"Ngg.. He used to go to the same school with me," I looked away. I didn't lie. I was telling the truth! Just didn't tell much about it.

He nodded. I didn't realize that I sighed in relief because he didn't ask more. "But, why suddenly you asked about him?"

"Remember when I was going back to the class to search for my phone?" He nodded, still listening to what I will say. "I met him and we talked a bit."

"Is that what bother you?"

Oh, God. Why should he ask more? Yeah, I know it's my fault to bring out this topic. But, I just wanted to know.

"Aniya. I was a bit tired. Not because of him," I lied.

Finally, we arrived at my home. "Go in," he said.

"No. You go first."

"Come on. Just go in. That's not good for a girl being outside at this hour."

"Okay, then. Be careful on your way home. See you tomorrow!" I said. I walked backwards and waved at him. He smiled and waved at me back. After I went in, I looked from the window and he has already gone.

 

 


 

I laid down on my bed after taking a bath, thinking about what happened earlier. Why did he appear again in front of me? It was really hard for me to forget him. And now, he comes back. I think he will just make things become more compliated than it is now. I know that in my heart, there's Yonghwa. But, I can't deny the fact that there's a little space for him. Even just a little. Yeah, I know, really know that he hasn't gone from my heart even after 3 years. I think I need someone to talk to. Seohyun, maybe?

 


 

Seohyun's POV

I watched them go from inside the cafe. I didn't know why I ask Yonghwa to walk her home.  I know that I can ask Kyuhyun to do it, but I feel that she might be happy. I remembered her face when she came to the cafe. Her face was a bit pale and I really want to know why.

"I think we should go home too." Kyuhyun's voice made me realized that he is still here.

"Oh? Yes. Let's go now, shall we?"

"Let's go. I will take you home."

We walked in silence. I don't know what to say. I am still thinking about Yonghwa and Shinhye. Ughhh, really, if I had enough courage to tell Shinhye that I like Yonghwa too, maybe, just maybe I will not feel bad to her. And I won't lie to myself.

"What are you thinking about?" Suddenly, Kyuhyun asked. I looked at him. "Yonghwa? Again?" he continued.

"Mwo? Ani. It's not him. I'm thinking about Shinhye. I feel that I'm lying to myself now."

"Huh? Lying to yourself? What do you mean?" he frowned.

"I like Yonghwa, but I keep making him and Shinhye to be close even though my heart is hurt. I keep telling Shinhye to make a move on Yonghwa. I actually want to do it too, but I feel bad for Shinhye. She's my bestfriend. I couldn't do it to her."

"When will you stop worrying about the others? Can't you worry about yourself? Your feelings?" he stopped and grabbed my shoulders, making me faced him.

"I don't know. I just can't do it. Can you do it when you see that your best friend like someone that you like?"

"Maybe our problem is different. And maybe, I act the same like you. But, I know when I have to worry about the others and when I have to worry about myself, my feelings."

"I envy you. I want to be like that."

"Just be yourself. But, please, worry about yourself too. I don't want you to get hurt. You know it's hurt to see your best friend being hurt. You don't want to hurt me too right?"

"Yes, arasseo. Let's continue our walk."

"Are you tired? Do you want to get onto my back?"

"A bit. But, get onto your back? Hell no! I'm heavy, okay?"

"It's okay. I know that you're tired. Just get onto my back," he said and squat down in front of me.

I hesitated to get on his back but he said, "Come on."

So, I get on his back and we headed to my apartment. None of us dared to say a thing. And I feel something different in my heart. What is this? No, I'm not. Remember, Seohyun, he is your best friend. But, Yonghwa is my best friend too! What's with this feeling? AH, I DON' T KNOW!!!

"Wae? You don't know what?" he stopped, surprised.

Oops, did I just say it? Good, now think of a lie.

"Ani. I.. I just.. Ah, I don't know if I am heavy or not. Am I heavy?" I said and laughed, hiding my uneasiness.

"Yes, you are!" he said and then laughed.

"Jinjja?!" I squealed.

"Yah! Don't squeal in my ear! Of course no, I'm just kidding. Don't be so serious."

"You!!! Girls are so sensitive when you said that you know!" I asked and I hit his arm.

"Ouch! Don't hit my arm if you don't want to fall!"

"Sorry then!" I said and grinned.

After a 20 minutes of walking, finally we arrived at my apartment. "We're here!" he said and squat down, letting me down.

"Gomawo, Kyuhyun-ah. I will go in now. Thanks for taking me home. See you at school!" I said and waved at him.

"See you, Seohyunnie!" he said and waved at me back.

I walked in and went to the lift, pressed on the 12 button. I walked out when the lift opened and went to my room. I took a bath. Just when I am going to lay down, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and frowned when I saw Shinhye's name. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Seohyunnieee~." I heard her cheerful voice. I think she was really happy that Yonghwa took her home. I smiled bitterly. I know that I should be happy for her, but my heart is hurt. Really hurt.

"Anyway, why did you call? Is there something wrong?"

"I just need someone to talk to."

I walked to my bed and sat on it. "Okay, so, what do you want to talk?''

"Do you remember my ex, the one that cheated on me?"

I frowned. What's with her ex? "Yeah, why?"

"I met him today."

"You... what?"

"I met him, Seohyun. He is in the same school with us."

"Mwo?! So, is that why you were so sad when you came to the cafe?"

"Am I too obvious?"

"Yes. So, what did you do with him?"

"We talked and he told me that he still loves me."

"What? He still loves you after what he did to you 3 years ago? Is he crazy?"

"Molla (I don't know). I know that I like Yonghwa, but he still has a place in my heart. I just can't erase him easily. And now, he comes back, that makes me confused with my own heart."

"Shinhye-ah. Can I know who he is?"

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone?"

"Yes. I promise."

"Hongki. His name is Lee Hongki. He is one of our school's band member."

"WHAT?!" I was surprised. I couldn't believe that Hongki was Shinhye's ex who cheated on her. From what I see, Hongki is one of the kindest guy in school and to think that he was the one who broke Shinhye's heart is unbelievable.

"Why are you so surprised?"

"How can I not be surprised? Hongki is one of the kindest guy in school. I didn't know that you're his ex. But, I think he really still loves you. He doesn't have any girlfriend ever since he transferred here."

"Yeah, I know. Yonghwa already told me."

"Yonghwa? So, does he know that Hongki is your ex?"

"Ani. I told him that Hongki used to go to the same school as me."

"Oh, I see. So, what will you do now?"

"I'm really confused. What do you think I should do?"

"Just listen to your heart. Even though we thought that Hongki might have changed, don't believe him too much."

"Okay, Seohyun-ah. Gomawo. I think you need to sleep now. See you tomorrow!"

"Okay, bye!" I hung up.

Now what? Should I make Shinhye and Hongki getting back together? Maybe, when they are together, I can confess to Yonghwa. Should I really do it?

 

 

 



Yeah, guys, I know that it's been two weeks since I last updated. I feel that I'm a bad author now >< Really sorry. Actually, I wanted to update this last Friday, but I couldn't. So, enjoy this chapter. I hope this is long enough to make you happy XD

Have you guys watched Running Man ep 129? Yonghwa's in it! Kyaaa >< haha So handsome ^^

Okay, I hope that I can update as soon as possible. But, I can't promise you that I will update it this week ^^

Don't fotget to leave your comment, okay? Haha