Chapter 18

Everlasting

Shinhye's POV

I woke up in the morning feeling very fresh. I got up from my bed and looked at the window. "Ah, the weather is so great. It will be a waste if I don't do anything."

I went to take a bath and get dressed. I grabbed my handbag and went out of the house. "Should I call Seohyun? She hasn't told me yet about Yonghwa and her. Uh, that girl. I'll just go to her house," I said to my self as I skipped happily towards her apartment.

After 15 minutes of walking, I finally arrived in front of an apartment. I went in and smiled at the receptionist before going in one of the lifts.I pressed the 7th button. I waited until the 'ding' sound that means I've already arrived. I went out, went to Seohyun's apartment doot, and pressed the bell. The door opened and there was Seohyun's mom.

"Annyeong haseyo, eommoni," I greeted her and bowed.

"Oh, Shinhye-ah. Come in. Seohyun is in her room. By the way, have you eaten your breakfast?" she asked as she walked to the kitchen.

"I haven't."

"Eat breakfast here with us. Just wake Seohyun up and go eat the breakfast," she said as she prepared the table.

"Arasseo, eommoni. I'm going to Seohyun's room first then," I said and went to Seohyun's room. I knocked at it and opened it, revealing Seohyun who was sleeping.

I closed the door and went beside her bed. "Seohyun! Wake up! Gosh, it's already 8 am and you are still sleeping?!" I shook her body to wake her up. Instead of waking up,  she mumbled some incoherent words and pulled the blanket up to her head.

I put both of my hands on my waist. "Oh, come on. The weather is too good to be spent on the bed," I said. But, she still didn't wake up. I knew it wouldn't work if I just talk. An idea popped in my head and I smirked.

 

Seohyun's POV

Ugh, Shinhye. Can't she just let me sleep all day long? Oh, it's already quiet. Ah, finally. I knew she would be tired of waking me up. I smiled at the thought of go back to sleep. Just as I about to fell asleep again, someone a certain someone jumped on my bed.

"Yah!!! What do you think you are doing?!" I shouted and immediately wake up. Ugh, annoying. I glared at the smiling Shinhye.

She sat on the bed beside me and gave me an innocent look. "It works! Finally, you're awake," she said and smiled. I was still glaring at her for disturbing my peaceful sleep.

She finally realized that I was a bit mad at her and pouted like a child. "Come on. Don't be mad at me, please. I just wanna spend the day with my friends," she said and gave me a puppy look face.

I just sighed. I'm not a typical person who will be angry at a small matter like that. "So, what do you want?" I asked as I went to my dressing table to get a rubber band and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"Let's go somewhere. It's been a long time since we went out together. I will tell Yonghwa and Kyuhyun too. Just the four of us," she said. My heart cringed in pain wjen I heard his name. Shinhye still had no about it because I still haven't got the time to talk to her these days. I wanted to tell her about it but I didn't want to destroy all her plan for today.

"What about Hongki?" I suddenly asked.

"He won't join us today. Yesterday, he told me that he would go to meet his grandparents," she said, a bit disappointed.

"Ah, is that so? Don't worry, you still have me," I smiled, "I will go shower first and then we can eat breakfast." I grabbed my clothes from my closet.

"Okay. I will text Kyuhyuun and Yonghwa then," she said as she searched her phone in her bag. I gave her an okay sign before going to the bathroom.

After fifteen minutes, I went out of the bathroom, fully clothed and ready to go. I looked at Shinhye who was reading a book.

I frowned, "What are you reading, huh?" I went to my dressing table and applied a light make up.

"I'm not reading, actually. Just looking at some pages," she said, eyes still on the book. I looked at her through the mirror and just smiled.

"Okay. I'm finished now. Let's eat breakfast, shall we?" I stood up and faced Shinhye. Her face lit up and she stood up from the bed.

"Okay! I'm really hungry!" she said and we went to eat the breakfast.

 


 

"Are you sure they're really coming?" I asked Shinhye as I looked around trying to find any sign of Kyuhyun or Yonghwa.

"They should be here by now. I don't know what takes them so long," she sighed and sat on a park bench. I followed her and sat beside her.

She opened her bag, trying to find something. "I'll just call them, then," she said as she took her phone out of the bag and called Kyuhyun or Yonghwa.

"Yoboseyo?" I heard someone on the other line answered the call.

"Yah! Where are you, guys?" Shinhye asked.

"Just wait a little bit more. We're already on our way there. Blame Yonghwa for this. He woke up late again," I bet it was Kyuhyun who said that. "Yah! I'm not!" another voice said, I guess it was Yonghwa. Then, I heard them arguing about who to blame. I just chuckled at their behaviour. Never change, I thought.

"Alright. Enough, guys. You better stop arguing and get here faster!" Shinhye said, probably tired of their arguments.

"Okay. I'll hang up now. Annyeong!" Kyuhyun hung up.

"Ugh, these boys," she commented. I laughed at her comment and said, "Yeah, they never change."

She nodded, agreeing with my statement.

I looked around. We're in Hangang Park. From here, I could clearly see the Hangang river. It looked really beautiful from here. "Why are we here, huh?" I asked.

"It's been a long time since we last spent our time together. Just the four of us. I just missed that," she said. "Ah, right. You haven't told me anything about your confession!" she looked at me, "So, how was it? Did it turn out good?"

I looked at my feet. Thinking about it again made me feel a sting of pain in my heart.

"Yah, why don't you answer me?" she asked me again.

I looked at her and smiled a bit. "I..." Just as I about to say it, someone called us. We turned our head to the sound.

"Shinhye! Seohyun! Annyeong!"

"Oh? Kyuhyun! Yonghwa! Finally, you guys arrived!" Shinhye stood up and completely forgot about what we were talking about.

I shifted my gaze towards Yonghwa who stood there with his casual looks and smiling. Then, our gazes met. I quickly looked away from him. I still found it awkward to talk to him even though we already said that we would stay as friends. I couldn't concentrate on what Shinhye's talking about now. My mind was too occupied by thoughts of Yonghwa.

"Seohyun! Yah!" Shinhye shook my shoulder, cut my train of thoughts.

"Oh? Why?" I looked at her, confused.

"I already called you many times, you know."

"I'm sorry. I was thinking about something. So, what is it that you're talking about before?" I asked.

"I just called you because you seemed like daydreaming. Just forget about it.  Let's go for a walk first."

We started to walk and talk about many things. As we walked, we found a cotton candy stall.

"I want a cotton candy," I said.

"You want one?" Kyuhyun asked. I nodded.

"Me too! I also want it. Let's buy it, huh?" Shinhye said as she grabbed my hands.

After we bought the cotton candies, we went to sit on a park bench near the river. We just talked and laughed at some jokes, but Shinhye and Kyuhyun are the one who talked the most. Yonghwa and I would just speak if they ask something and just smiled when they made a joke. It seemed like I couldn't think of anything else beside Yonghwa. He is so near yet so far. Even though I said that I want us to still remain like before, I think it was hard.

"I am so thirsty. I'm going to buy a drink first," Shinhye said.

"I will buy it for you," Yonghwa said, but Shinhye shook her head.

"No. I will buy it myself. It's okay." Shinhye went to the convenience store across the park.

We continued to talk when suddenly we heard a crashing sound and Shinhye's scream. We immediately turned our heads to the sound. My eyes widened in horror when I saw Shinhye lying on the road with blood.

"Shinhye!!" Kyuhyun, Yonghwa, and I shouted as we ran towards her.

 

 



Hello, guys. I'm finally back after a long time. I'm sorry for updating now. I actually wanted to update last Thursday but I don't know what happened to AFF, I couldn't continue to write my story -_- At least, I can continue again now XD

I hope I can update soon but I can't promise you guys. Mid exams is coming and I need to study for that XD I'll try to update as soon as possible. I also want to thank you guys for waiting patiently for me. I know I'm too slow in updating ><

Don't forget to comment, okay? :)