Chapter 14

Everlasting

Yonghwa's POV

I was on my way home after working at the cafe. I wore my jacket as the wind blew. It had been raining all day but luckily, it wasn't raining anymore, just a little bit windy. If it was still raining, I would have been here all night long because I forgot to bring an umbrella. My bad.

It was a bit cold so I decided to grab a cup of hot coffee at a coffee shop nearby. I ordered a hot cappuccino and after got my coffee, I continued walking home. I sipped my cappuccino. It made my body warm. I love the feeling of it. It was really quiet when I suddenly heard someone screamed. I immediately stopped.

"Don't!" a voice screamed. It was a girl's voice. And I know that it was familiar. My eyes widened when I realized whose voice is that.

The coffee which I held was already fell on the ground as I ran towards the sound. That sound guided me to a dark alley. There I saw Shinhye being or I could say almost being .

I ran and pulled the man away from Shinhye. I punched his face until he fainted. I turned around and saw Shinhye leaning to a brick wall, crying silently.

I walked to her and asked, "Are you okay?"

She looked up at me and started to cry again. This time it was louder. I couldn't stand seeing her cry. I didn't know what was in me when I hugged her tight. I just feel that she needed it.

"It's okay. I'm here," I whispered.

She didn't say anything and just continued crying. I stood there, hugging her, hoping that she will calm down soon. I patted her back and then I realized she was shivering. I pulled away from the hug and take off my jacket. I placed it on her shoulder so that she will be better.

"Let's go home. I will walk you home," I said.

She still stood there. I think she was still shock so I decided to piggyback her. I squated down and told her, "Get on my back."

She hesitated at first but she finally get on my back. I stood up and started to walk to her house.

Finally, after ten minutes of walking, we arrived at Shinhye's house. I squatted down and she get off from my back.

I stood up. "Go in. I will go when you are already inside. Come on," I pushed her to the door.

She took out her keys and opened the door. She looked at me again.

"Go in," I commanded. She went in but still looking at me.

"Why?" I asked.

She was about to say something but then closed again.

"Just tell me what do you want, Shinhye-ah."

"Can you please be with me tonight? I am scared," she said softly. I almost couldn't hear it.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked. I mean, I was a boy so it wasn't a good thing if people know. Besides, we are not even a couple. It was okay with me but I just needed to confirm again.

"Yes. I know you won't do anything. I just need someone to accompany me. Please?" she pleaded. I couldn't say no to her.

"Okay then," I said as I went in.

I took off my shoes and placed it on the shoe rack. Then, I put my things on the table in the living room. I have never been here actually. I just know where her house is since I walked her home sometimes. Her house was so cozy and clean.

I decided to go to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass from the drawer and poured water. I walked back to the living room where Shinhye sat on the sofa. I put the glass of water which I brought from the kitchen on the table. "Drink it. It will help you to relax a bit," I said as I pushed it towards her.

She looked at me and smiled. She took the glass and drank it.

"Gomawo. I don't know what would have happened to me if you weren't there," she said, staring at the glass.

"No need to say thanks," I smiled at her.

She put the glass back on the table and stood up. I looked at her, confused. She looked at me and said, "I will go get some clothes for you to change. I think I have some big clothes. Wait here," she said.

"I am okay with my clothes."

"There's some blood there. You have to change," she said as she pointed at my clothes which have some blood. No, it was not my blood. It was that man's blood.

She walked towards her bedroom and after few minutes, she came back with a white T-shirt and black sweatpants. She gave them to me.

"Try it. I hope it will fit you."

I accepted it and made my way to the bathroom. Surprisingly, it fitted perfectly on me. But, as I looked at the T-shirt and sweatpants, I think they weren't for girls.

I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the living room. Shinhye already changed her clothes.

"Oh, they fit perfectly on you. They were my father's," she said before I asked.

"Oh? No wonder they look like not for girls." I sat on the sofa beside her.

"Are you hungry?" she suddenly asked.

I shook my head. "You?"

"A bit. Actually, I bought some snacks on my way home, but I think it already fell on the ground," she chuckled.

"Same as my coffee," I grinned.

"Your coffee?" she frowned.

"Yeah. I also bought it on my way home but when I heard you scream, unconsciously, I ran and it fell from my hand I guess."

She nodded. "Thanks again for helping me."

"You already said that for a thousand times you know."

"Yeah, but still..," she said but before she could continue, I put my point finger on her lips which made her jerk a bit because surprised.

"Enough." I pulled my finger away.

"Didn't you say you are hungry? Do you have any ramyun?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen. She followed behind me.

"I guess I have one. Let's take a look first," she said and searched at her kitchen's drawer. "Found it," she said as she took it out.

"Only one left. Let's just eat it together."

I nodded and she began to cook.

I was bored and took a look at her house. I noticed a table with frame photos on it. There was one photo which surprised me. A photo with a little girl on a beach. I took a better look at it and my jaws dropped as I realized who it was.

I put it back on the table and walked back to the kitchen where Shinhye was cooking.. I sat on a chair in the dining table. I was still shocked from what I see. Is she Sinnye? The only girl whom I love. Is it really her? I know it is her. It can't be wrong. I closed my eyes. All of the memories of her came to my mind.

I opened my eyes and looked at Shinhye. What is she related to Sinnye? Is Sinnye her sister? Wait, Shinhye is the only daughter so that means no. Is she her aunt's daughter? But why I don't see her? Or is it possible that Shinhye was Sinnye? Shinhye and Sinnye. The names are similar. It could be. Why am I so stupid? After all this while, she is right in front of my eyes. But why doesn't she remember me? If she is Sinnye, she will remember me.

"Done!" Shinhye suddenly said, broke my train of thoughts.

"Wow, it smells delicious," I said as she served the ramyun on the table.

Should I ask her now? No, it's not the right time. I will ask her after we finish eating. Yeah, that would be the right time.

"Let's eat," I said and we started eating.

"It's delicious," I said and drank my water. We already finished eating our ramyun. Now, it's the time. Ask her, Yonghwa. Come on.

"Shinhye-ah," I called her. She looked at me.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already asked," she chuckled. "What is it?"

I smiled at her answer. "Come here." I grabbed her hand and pulled her toward the table which has many frame photos on it. I took the photo which surprised me before.

"Who is this girl?" I asked her.

She frowned. "Why? It's me."

I gasped. "I-It's you?"

She nodded, she furrowed her eyebrows. "Wae?"

"Don't you remember me?" I asked her again. If she is Sinnye, there is no way she will forget me.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Yonghwa. I do remember you. You are Yonghwa."

"I mean, when we were little. Do you remember me?"

She frowned. "Do we know each other before?" she asked.

"I'm Yonghwa. Your childhood friend. You don't remember anything about me? i used to call you Sinnye."

"Wait. You said you were my childhood friend, right?" I nodded. "I think I don't remember you because of my amnesia," she continued.

What? Amnesia? Is she serious?

"Amnesia?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I got into a car accident when I was 7 years old. Or we can say 8 years old. My aunt said it happened a day before I turned eight," she continued telling her stories. I was standing there, looking at her. I didn't know what to say.

"That's all. I'm sorry," she finished her story.

"Why did you say sorry?" I asked her.

"Because I don't remember you," she said without looking at me.

I grabbed her shoulder and bend down to look at hey in the eye. "Listen. It's okay you don't remember me. You can ask me about our childhood and eventually, you will remember about it. So, don't be sorry about it." I smiled at her.

She then hugged me tight. I was surprised by her sudden action. I hugged her back. Finally, I could find her. After all this years. I won't let go of her again. Never.

"It's already late. Go sleep, Shinhye," I broke the silence.

"But what about you?" she asked.

"I will sleep on the sofa. Now, go to your bedroom and sleep." I pulled away from the hug and pushed her towards her bedroom.

"You sure? I can just sleep on the sofa and you sleep on my bed."

"What? Do you expect me to say yes to that? No way. You need to rest now. And I think it's better for you to sleep on your bed. Now go."

She still stood in front of me. "What are you waiting for? Go sleep now or I will go to my own house," I threatened her.

She smiled. "Okay then. Good night." She went in her bedroom and closed the door.

I headed towards the sofa and laid down. I closed my eyes and couldn't help but smile. I felt so happy that I finally found her.

 



Okay. Here's the chapter for you guys! Yongshin moments just like you guys want ^^ Sorry, if it's not that good ><

I'm truly madly deeply sorry to you guys. I know I should have updated this earlier but I couldn't. I was busy debating with myself what should I do with this couple >.< And I think the next chapter will be Seokyu XD

Oh, I made this on Wednesday. This is for you guys XD

edit.jpg

even though it's just a picture, I hope you enjoy it XD

 

Don't forget to comment XD It's so quiet without your comments ><