Chapter 19

Everlasting

Shinhye's POV

"I am so thirsty. I'm going to buy a drink first," I said.

"I will buy it for you," Yonghwa said, but I shook my head.

"No. I will buy it myself. It's okay." I said and stood up. I walked towards the convenience store across the park. I didn't look left and right because I thought the road was empty. I went across but suddenly I heard a car coming to me in a high speed. I looked at it and my eyes widened. I wanted to run but it was too late. The car hit me and the last thing that I heard was Kyuhyun, Seohyun, and Yonghwa calling my name and everything turned black.

 

Yonghwa's POV

It's been two hours since Shinhye went into the operation room. Seohyun, Kyuhyun, and I were just sitting on the chairs in front of the operation room, anxiously waiting for the door to open. I didn't even know what had just happened three hours ago. It still feels like a dream. I have never seen any car accidents right before my eyes, and moreover, the one who got involved in that accidents is the person I love. I can't forgive myself if anything happened to her. If only I insisted on buying the drink instead of her, maybe we would have stayed in the park, playing around. I clenched and unclenched my fists as I waited. Kyuhyun was sitting beside Seohyun, calming her down. She was crying when she saw Shinhye on the ground with blood.

Suddenly, a guy ran toward us and stopped right in front of us. It was Hongki.

"How is Shinhye? She is okay, right?" he asked, still panting.

"Oh, Hongki-ssi. Sit first," Kyuhyun said. Hongki sat on a chair beside Kyuhyun.

"We still don't know about her condition right now since she's still inside the operation room," Kyuhyun answered Hongki's question.

"What actually happened, huh?" Hongki questioned as he looked at Kyuhyun.

"She was going to buy a drink. But, suddenly, when she was crossing the road, a car hit her. It happened so fast and we immediately bring her to the hospital," Kyuhyun answered.

"How about the driver? Is he caught?" he asked.

"He ran away with his car. We couldn't catch him," Kyuhyun answered again.

I couldn't even answer Hongki's question because my mind is a mess. All I can think about is Shinhye.

Hongki buried his face in his hands. He groaned silently, maybe frustrated because of the situation. After that, silence enveloped us again.

Several minutes passed and the door was still closed. Three hours later, the operation room door opened, revealing a doctor. "Park Shinhye's guardian?"

We immediately stood up and rushed to the doctor. "We are her friends. How is she? Is she okay?" I asked.

"She is already stabile right now. However, she hasn't woken up yet. Maybe she will wake up 2 hours later. Luckily, she doesn't get injured badly so she will be alright. But, we still don't know yet so we need to figure it out once she wakes up," the doctor explained to us.

I sighed in relief.

"Good to hear that. Thank you so much, doctor!" Kyuhyun said.

"No need to thank me. It's my job to save people," the doctor smiled.

"When can we see her?" Hongki asked.

"You can see her now in room 402. If you don't have any more question, I'll leave first," the doctor said and went away. We all bowed to him.

"Let's go to her room, guys," Seohyun said.

We went to her room and found her lying on the bed. She was sleeping safe and soundly. When I saw her being alright, I felt really happy. I didn't know what would happen to me if she weren't alright. I would blame myself, I guess.

"Seohyun-ah, you should go home now. She is already okay and you seem really tired. I'll drive you home, okay?" Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun shook her head. "I want to be here when she wakes up. She is still not okay, Kyu. She hasn't woken up yet and there're so many bruises on her body," Seohyun sobbed.

"Sshh, it's normal because she is still under the influence of anesthetic. You don't need to worry. She will be okay, alright?" Kyuhyun patted her back.

"But..."

"Hyun, Kyuhyun is right. You should go home and rest. Hongki and I will be here with Shinhye so you don't need to worry," I said.

Seohyun nodded. She went to Shihye's bed. "Shinhye-ah, I'll be going home first. Don't worry, I'll visit you tomorrow. Yong and Hongki will take care of you here. If they do something, just tell me, arasseo? I'm going first. Bye!" She said to the sleeping Shinhye.

"Kyuhyun, let's go. Annyeong, Yonghwa and Hongki! Take care of her, okay? Goodbye!" She waved and went with Kyuhyun. Hongki and I smiled and waved back.

I sighed and sat on the sofa, next to Hongki. All I could hear was just the beep sound from the machine.

It was already 8 pm. We haven't eaten anything so I decided to buy something for both of us.

"Hongki-ah, I will buy some food first. If she wakes up, please call me," I said as I stood up.

"Don't worry, I'll call you," he said.

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"Just buy me the same food you buy," he smiled.

I nodded and went out of the door. I went to the hospital cafeteria. I bought two jjajangmyeon and two colas. Then, I went back to Shinhye's room. She was still sleeping.

"Here. Is jjajangmyeon okay for you?" I gave the food.

"It's alright. I like it. Thanks, Yonghwa!" He said.

We ate in silence. After finished eating, we talked a bit about the school event since we didn't have any other topic to talk.

"It's already 10 pm. You can just go home, Yonghwa. I will stay here with her," Hongki looked at his watch.

"Is it okay for you?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'm her boyfriend so it's my responsibility to take care of her. Don't worry, when she wakes up, I'll definitely call you," he said.

I cringed when I heard the word "boyfriend". "Okay, then. I'll go home first. Bye." I went home.

 

Hongki's POV

I was just sitting on the sofa while playing with my phone. Then, I heard someone mumbled. I frowned because no one is in the room besides me and Shinhye.

I looked around and I realized that it was Shinhye's sound. My eyes widened and I went to her bed.

"Yongwa... Yongwa...," she mumbled in her sleep. She was frowning. Yongwa? Did she mean Yonghwa? Why did she call him?

I held her hand, "Shinhye-ah, wake up! It's me, Hongki."

"Yongwaaa!" She woke up and sat on the bed. She was breathing heavily.

"Shinhye-ah, you okay? Don't worry, I'm here." I hugged her.

She nodded. "Where is Yongwa?"

"Yongwa? Do you mean Yonghwa?" I asked, confused. Why would she look for him instead of me, her boyfriend? I felt a little bit dissapointed but I quickly covered it with a smile.

"Yeah, Yonghwa. I need to see him!"

"Please, calm down. I will call the doctor first to check on you, okay?" I told her as I helped her laid down again.

"But, I really need to see Yongwa. I have to talk to him!" Shinhye said but I just ignored her and looked for the doctor.

I went to the counter and told them that Shinhye has woken up. After that, the doctor and two nurses went to check on Shinhye.

"Is she okay?" I asked the doctor as soon as he finished checking on her.

The doctor put off his stetoscope and looked at me then smiled. "She is okay now. There's nothing wrong with her brain so she just needs to rest for two more days because of the injuries in her body. Andc after that, she can be discharged."

I nodded. "Thank you very much, doctor," I bowed.

He just nodded and went out with the nurses. I went back to Shinhye's bed and watch that she's already sleeping. I think that's because of the medicines. I'll just let her sleep and rest for a bit. Maybe, I'll just call Yonghwa and Seohyun first thing in the morning.

 



First, I want to say sorry because I updated after a very long time. There's just so much thing happened and because of school too so I didn't get that chance to continue this. Not only school, but also I kind of had writer's block so I don't really know what to write. But, now that I'm already on vacation, I'll try to write this story but I can't promise you that it will be fast.

Second, I want to thank all of the readers who still want to read this story even though I haven't updated for a long time. I love you all :3

Last, I want to tell you guys about my feeling right now. I've been feeling so sad since last night T.T You guys know Asian Dream Cup? Anyone in here watch ADC? I can't watch it even though it's in my country and I'm sooooooo sad right now >< I want to see Running Man even just for a glimpse. And what makes me feel worse is that my brother and his wife will watch it tonight and here I am at home :(( Okay, enough about that.

Well, hope you enjoy this crappy chapter ^^

As always, don't forget to comment, 'kay?