Chapter 6

Everlasting

Yonghwa's POV

I woke up because of my ringing phone. I answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Annyeongbuseyo?" I said with an annoyed tone. Today is Sunday, the only day I can sleep all day long.

"Just woke up, eh?" Kyuhyun chuckled.  "I called to remind you that today is Shinhye's birthday," Kyuhyun said. Shinhye's birthday? Wait, what date is today? February 18? That means today is her birthday, too. How come did I forget?! "Oh, right. I will call her. But, today, I have to go to Busan." I replied.

"What? But we will celebrate it with her today. You never come to celebrate her birthday, Yonghwa. She will be sad."

"But I have something important to do in Busan. I'm sorry. I will tell her about it, 'kay?"

"Arasseo. Bye," he hung up.

I went to my bathroom to take a bath and get dressed. After that, I decided to call Shinhye.

"Annyeongbuseyo?" said her.

"Shinhye-ah, saengil chukkae (happy birthday)," I said and smiled, though she couldn't see me smiling.

"Ah, Yonghwa. Gomawo," she said and chuckled.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Ani. I'm eating my breakfast now."

"Oh, Shinhye-ah."

"Ne?"

"Today, I heard from Kyuhyun that you will celebrate your birthday with him and Seohyun. I really want to come but I have something important to do in Busan. So, I have to go there. I'm sorry that I can't make it."

"Gwaenchanha. Be safe, okay?" she said. I could hear that she was a little bit dissapointed.

"Okay. You too. Have fun! Bye," I said and hung up.

Now, I have to get the ticket to go to Busan.

 

Shinhye's POV

I was eating my breakfast when my phone suddenly rang. "Annyeongbuseyo?" I answered.

"Shinhye-ah, saengil chukkae (happy birthday)." I smiled when I heard his sound.

"Ah, Yonghwa. Gomawo," I said and laughed.

"Did I wake you up?" he asked.

"Ani. I'm eating my breakfast now."

"Oh, Shinhye-ah."

"Ne?"

"Today, I heard from Kyuhyun that you will celebrate your birthday with him and Seohyun. I really want to come but I have something important to do in Busan. So, I have to go there. I'm sorry that I can't make it." he said. I was really dissapointed when I heard it. It's always like this. He never come to celebrate my birthday! I don't even know why. There's always something important in Busan. But i can't do nothing, right? 

"Gwaenchanha. Be safe, okay?" I said, trying hard not make him notice that I was dissapointed.

"Okay. You too. Have fun! Bye," he said and hung up.

"Cheer up, Shinhye-ah! Today is your birthday. You still have your two bestfriends, Kyuhyun and Seohyun. No need to be sad," I said to myself and smiled.

 


 

Yonghwa's POV

Finally, my plane landed safely in Busan. I went out from the airport and went to my house.

"Eomma, Appa, I'm home," I said as I entered my house. I smelled something really delicious.

"Oh, Yonghwa-ya. I miss you." My mom came out from the kitchen and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"I miss you too. Where is Appa?" I asked.

"Your appa is working now. Wait, what date is today?" she went to look at the calendar. "Ah, now I know why you came here."

I just smiled. "I will go to the beach first. I will be home for dinner." She nodded.

 


 

I arrived at the beach. It's still the same. Nothing changed. I felt the wind brushing my face. So relaxing. I miss this place even though I went here every year just to do the same thing. Waiting for nothing.

*Flashback*

I was in a beach near my house in Busan. I was playing with Sinnye. Sinnye is my friend ever since I moved here 2 years ago. Sinnye is 7 years old, same as me.

"Yongwa, let's collect shell!" said Sinnye. I smiled at her and nodded. We collected many shells, then we put it in a bottle. "Sinnye, let's write our wish in a paper and put it here. Then, plant it under the sands. Ten years later, we will come back here and open it," I said.

"Okay. Let's write our wish!"

We wrote our wish in a piece of paper and we put it in the bottle. Then, we planted it under the sands.

"Let's promise that we will come back here to open it ten years later."

She nodded and smiled. "Okay."

"Sinnye, let's go home. It's almost night!" I said and we went back to our home.

 


 

Today is Sinnye's birthday. I have already bought a present for her. I bought a necklace with a pink seashell pendant. I went to her home to give it to her.

When I arrived at her house, she was not there. I knocked the door but no one was opening. "Did she go to celebrate her birthday with her family?" I thought. So, I waited in front of her door until midnight. But she didn't come. So, I went back to my house.

The next day, I went to her house again. But still she was not home. And I did it everyday. I think she moved out from her house. But why didn't she tell me? Weren't we bestfriend? Didn't she know that I liked her? I decided to go to the beach where we plant our bottle there. I dug the sands and found the bottle. Then I opened it and put the necklace into it. And I planted it again. Every year, in her birthday, I brought a necklace with a seashell pendant in every color.

*End of flashback*

 

I felt tears starting to fall down. I can't help but crying. I really miss her. Everyday, I still think of her. Why did she leave me? Did I do something wrong? Did she still remember me? Many questions I want to ask her.

I took out a necklace from my pocket. A necklace with a yellow seashell pendant.

312Gyc9%2BSFL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

I dug the sands, took the bottle out and put the necklace with a letter into it. There are already 9 necklaces with seashell pendant in 9 different colors. Pink, silver, purple, green, grey, cream, chocolate, orange, and yellow. And there are also 9 letters. It's been nine years since she left me. I planted the bottle in the same place. One year more 'till we opened it. Will we meet again?

I went back home for dinner.

"Oh, Yonghwa," my father said and hugged me.

"Appa. I missed you," I said and hugged him back.

"Ah, you went back to put you present for her again?"

"Yes."

"Yonghwa, I heard that she moved to Seoul. I want to tell you before but I always forget."

"Really? It's okay. I think she already forgets about me. I will wait 'till next year."

"Okay. Let's eat now."

"Yes. Ah, I should be back to Seoul after dinner," I said.

"Okay. Just eat now," my mom said and smiled.

After dinner, I went to the airportMy parents sent me off.

"Yonghwa, be safe, okay? I will miss you," my mom said and hugged me.

I hugged my father and then I entered the gate. I waved to them and smiled.

 

 



Another update for you guys! School holiday is almost over, so I will try my best to update as soon as I can.

Can you guess who is Sinnye? XD

See the new poster I made? I made the new one because I wanted to add Shinhye :) Do you like it? ^^

Does anyone want to make a poster for this story? If any, tell me and I will use the poster that you make :)

Feel free to comment ^^