Chapter 15

Everlasting

Hongki's POV

"The number that you called can not be reached...," it's been the umpteenth time I heard this. Where could Shinhye be? Why didn't she answer my phone calls? I'm so damn worried here. It's already 11 pm and yet she still hasn't called me or answered my calls. I laid down on my bed, trying to think where she could be. Cafe? Probably not. She must have done working since 9 pm and she should be at home now. I wanted to call her home number but I forgot to ask her home number. My bad. A person popped in my mind. I immediately took my phone and searched the number. I called and waited for someone to answer. I just hope that it will be answered or else I didn't know what to do. After some beeps, finally, someone answered the call.

"Yoboseyo?" she answered. I bet she was sleeping before I called her. I felt bad for disturbing her sleeping.

"Seohyun-ssi. It's me, Hongki," I said.

"Uh, ne. Why did you call? It's already late, you know," she replied.

"Mianhae. I didn't mean to disturb your sleeping. I just want to ask you about Shinhye. Did she already go home?"

"Huh? Yes, she went home at 9.10, I guess. Waeyo (Why)?"

"She didn't answer my phone calls. I'm so damn worried now. What if something happened to her? And besides, I want to call her home number but I don't have it."

"Don't worry, Hongki-ssi. She will be alright. She is a tough girl, you know. Maybe her phone ran out of battery and she forgot to charge it. Maybe now she's already sleeping. You should rest too. Tomorrow is Saturday and we don't have classes so you better go to her house and check on her. I will be waiting for the news."

"Oh, okay then. Thank you, Seohyun-ssi. And sorry for disturbing your sleep. Have a good sleep then," I said.

"Nah, it's okay. You too. Good night," with that she hung up.

I laid down on my bed again and drifted off to sleep.

 


 

My alarm woke me up from my slumber. I groaned but immediately woke up as I remembered my plan for today morning. I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower. After finished taking a shower, I put on my casual yellow T-shirt with blue jeans. Then, I went to the dining room to grab a toast and drove off to Shinhye's house.

After fifteen minutes of driving, I arrived at Shinhye's house. I went out of my car and pressed her doorbell.

"Wait a minute," I heard a guy's voice. Wait, a guy? In her house? Didn't she live with her aunt only? Why is there a guy in her house?

Then, the door opened. I was a bit surprised to see Yonghwa opened the door.

"Yonghwa?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, Hongki-ah. Come in," he said and moved aside.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I went in.

"Uh, something happened last night. I will tell you later. Wait, it's not like what you think," he said as he scratched his neck.

"Okay, then. Where's Shinhye?" I asked him.

"In the kitchen. She's preparing breakfast."

With that, I went to the kitchen and found Shinhye cooking. I went to her and hugged her from behind She jerked a bit because surprised I guess. But then she smiled as she realized that it was me.

"Good morning, Shinhye," I kissed her cheek.

"Good morning~ why are you here really early?" she asked.

"I want to check on you. And by the way, you owe me some explanations." I pulled away from the hug.

"What explanation?" she asked.

"Last night you didn't answer my phone calls. And you know I was so damn worried," I said.

"Sorry for making you worry. I will explain later after breakfast. Have you eaten your breakfast?" she asked as she served the chicken porridge that she made.

"I actually ate a toast while driving here," I grinned. "I will call Yonghwa," I said as I made my way to the living room.

"Yonghwa, breakfast's ready." Yonghwa turned his head and stood up then followed me to the dining room.

All of us ate the porridge and chatted all the time. After finished eating, Shinhye decided to wash the dishes while Yonghwa and I were watching the TV.

"Yonghwa, what happened yesterday actually?" I asked.

He was quiet for a moment. "I think you better ask Shinhye," he answered.

"Arasseo," I said and nodded.

Then, Shinhye came to the living room and sat beside me on the sofa. "What are you guys watching, huh?"

Without answering her question, I asked, "What happened to you yesterday? Is it really serious?"

She was quiet. She didn't say anything. Yonghwa then stood up and turned off the TV. "I will leave you guys to talk. I better go home now. Goodbye," Yonghwa said as he grabbed his backpack and went out of the house.

I turned my head to Shinhye, who was still quiet. "Why? Answer me. You're making me worried now."

Tears started to fall from her eyes. I was panicked when I saw it. "Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Mianhae," I said as I wiped her tars with my thumb.

"Ani. It's not your fault," she managed to say between her sobs.

"Then, why are you crying?" I hugged her, trying to make her calm. But, she was crying more.

"I...I was almost...," she said, still crying. She seemed like she couldn't continue her words.

"Almost? Almost what?" I asked.

"Being ," she said, really soft. I almost couldn't hear it. My hands slipped from her shoulder and I looked at her.

When I heard it, I felt like my heart sank. Being ? How?

"But, Yonghwa came and saved me. Now, I'm okay. So, don't worry," she continued.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?! I would have gone here if you told me," I said, nearly shouted.

"Mianhae. I don't want you to worry. I mean, Yonghwa was already here and I think it's enough. Besides, yesterday was already late and I was afraid that you were sleeping. I don't want to disturb you," she said.

"I'm sorry too. You know I was so damn worried that you didn't answer my phone calls. And when I heard that you were almost being , my heart was broken. Who did that to you? Do you know him?" I asked.

She hesitated to tell me. "I will tell you who did that to me but promise me one thing."

"Yes. I promise. Who is it?"

"Jessica. Don't hurt her, okay?"

"Jessica? I won't hurt her. You know her?" I asked, surprised.

"Yesterday, I met her in the toilet. She told me to break up with you. But, I said I don't want. Then, at night, I was almost being by a man. I don't know what he is related to Jessica though. Then, Yonghwa came and saved me. He walked me home. But, when he was about to go home, I asked him to accompany me since I was scared. I wanted to call you actually but I was afraid that you were already sleeping. But I didn't check on my phone so I didn't know that you were calling. Until now, I still haven't checked on it."

I nodded at her explanation. Although I was a bit jealous of Yonghwa, I must thank him for saving her. "It's okay. At least, you're alright."

"Oh, guess what? Yonghwa said that he was my childhood friend!"

"Your childhood friend? So, he knew you before?" I asked.

"Yes! I can't believe that I actually meet him again. I want to ask about my childhood to him." She suddenly became much happier. I smiled as I saw her smiling when telling her stories. She is indeed the best girl in my life. I don't know how to live without her.

 


Seohyun's POV

Today, I decided to confess to Yonghwa. I don't know what his reaction will be but I just want to tell my feelings towards him. I looked at my phone and saw one message.

From: Hongki

To    : Seohyun

Seohyun-ssi, I already met Shinhye. She was almost being but she is already okay so you don't need to worry.

I was surprised when I know that Shinhye was almost being . What kind of person will do that to her? Uh, I hope she is really okay. I managed to reply his message.

From: Seohyun

To    : Hongki

I can't believe that someone actually did that to her. It's good to hear that she is okay. Thank you for the information, Hongki-ssi. ^^

After replying, I decided to call Kyuhyun, just to inform him that I will confess to Yonghwa. After several beeps, he answered.

"Yoboseyo? Seohyun? Why did you call?"

"Kyuhyunnie~ Today, I'm going to confess to Yonghwa."

"Mwo? Are you serious?" he was surprised.

"Of course. Do you think I am kidding? But, I'm afraid that our friendship will be broken."

"Don't worry. I will be here by your side. So, good luck!" with that he hung up.

I went to the cafe where I work. We actually have a day-off today. But, I called Yonghwa to meet me there so that I can confess to him. Uh, why am I so nervous now? Calm down, Seohyun!

I arrived at the cafe. I sat on a bench in front of the cafe and play with my phone to kill some time. After five minutes of waiting, I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I smiled as I saw Yonghwa.

"Annyeong~! Why do you want me to be here?" he asked as he sat beside me.

"Uh, actually... how do I say this?" I didn't know how to say it to Yonghwa. I didn't dare to look at him in the eye. I could catch a glimpse of him frowning.

"I want to tell you something." I said.

"And what is it?" he asked.

"I... I actually... I actually like you," I managed to tell him.

He didn't say anything. I tried to be brave to look at him. He wasn't looking at me. He just sat there, looking at the ground. He seemed to be thinking of something. I felt that my heart beat faster as I waited for his answer.

Then, after sometimes, he broke the silence. "Hyun, it's not that I don't like you. I like you but as a friend. I actually don't want to hurt you like this. But, it's better if I tell you this than I said that I like you when I actually not. I have someone inside my heart ever since I was little. And I don't want to hurt you later. It will be more hurt if I lied to you about my feelings, right?" he said.

I bit my lips to prevent crying. I don't want to be a weak girl. "It's okay, Yong. I don't expect you to like me too. But, we are still best friend, right?" I asked him, trying to fake a smile.

"Of course. I don't want to lose my best friend just because she told me that she likes me." he smiled. I chuckled at his statement.

"Arasseo. I'll be going first then. Take care," I said and stood up.

I kept walking and I didn't know where I am going. I just follow where my feet brought me. Then, I arrived in front of a tall apartment. I got into the lift and pressed the 12th floor button. Then, the lift opened. I headed towards an apartment and pressed the bell. Someone opened the door and I burst into crying.

"Seohyun?"

 



Here's another chapter for you guys. I actually planned to update yesterday but my mom wanted to use the computer so I couldn't do anything ><

I'm sorry for not keeping my promise to make some Seokyu moments in this chapter. But, I will make some of their moments in the next chapter. This time, I will keep my promise XD

How is it? I hope you like it ^^ It's a bit sad for Seohyun :(

School is starting again so I will try my best to update this story soon.

Don't forget to comment, okay? I will be waiting for your comments, guys! ^^ And also, welcome to the new readers xD