Overheard

Fix You

Hyuna’s finger trailed down the row of books, her eyes scanning through them at the same time.
“Ah-hah!”, she exclaimed as she picked out the dusty book, “mum’s old cook book!”
She dusted off the  cover and hummed happily as she scanned through the content page.

She had decided to take her mind off all the things happening now and do something she used to love to do, baking.

Hyuna glanced down the page and one of the recipe caught her eyes.
“Red velvet cupcakes! Hyunseung’s favourite!” she smiled happily.

Gathering all the ingredients she had found, she the radio and started baking.

After popping the tray in, she wiped her hands on her apron and quickly went to doll herself up.

Hyuna put on the floral blouse that Hyunseung loved on her and touched up her makeup.
“I wonder how oppa will react when he see me later!” she giggled and skipped to her kitchen.
She had not felt so carefree for a long time, and she certainly liked being so.

Packing all the cupcakes into a cute pink box, she couldn’t stop grinning at the end result.
“Kim Hyuna, you’ve outdone yourself once again!”




After a long ride, she finally reached the Jang resident. Hyuna cleared and pressed the buzz.
The large silver gates slowly opened as Hyuna stepped in. She looked back at the gate and quickly ran to the front door, afraid that the gate might close on her.
It was the first time she had officially stepped in his house. The previous time that she had been here was when Hyunseung carried her in when she was sound asleep.

The maid was already at the front door, waiting for Hyuna.
“Hi unnie! I am here for Hyunseung!” she bowed and explained.
“Sir is not in. He went out about two hours ago.”
Hyuna frowned, she thought her boy would be at home during a Sunday afternoon.
“Do you know where he went?” she asked.
The maid just shook her head and bowed politely as she see the disappointed Hyuna walked away.

Where could he be? With Beast? With another girl? No! Oppa won’t do that to me... right?

She quickly dialled Doojoon.
“Oh Hyuna-ah, wh-“
“Where is Hyunseung?” she interrupted.
Doojoon could hear how worried she sounded like and straightened himself.
“I have no idea. Why?”
“Yoon Doo Joon! Don’t lie to me! Oppa tells you everything!” she exclaimed out.
Doojoon rubbed the back of his neck, he wasn’t sure if he could reveal where Hyunseung went.
Of course, Hyuna managed to whine her way through and Doojoon texted her the address.

She looked at the address, she had never seen this address before.



Hyuna reached the front of the small apartment. It was a simple one room studio.
“Why is oppa here...?” she wondered.
She was contemplating on whether to enter the apartment or just leave.
Just as she was about to leave, she heard Hyunseung’s voice.

“When did you find out?” his voice was loud and clear.
Silence.
Hyuna pressed her ear on the door, trying to hear better.

“Was this why you left Hyuna?” his voice was heard again.

Hyuna froze immediately.
“Me...? Don’t tell me this is.... his house?”

Her heart was beating quicker than before, she shut her eyes, ears still pressed against the door.

“Why didn’t you tell her?” Hyunseung asked again.
However, only Hyunseung’s voice could be heard throughout the conversation.

Hyuna didn’t want to hear anymore as she quickly walked to the lift.
She slammed her back against the wall, her pink box fell from her hands.
But she couldn’t care less as she tried to hold her tears back.
She had a feeling she knew who he was talking to.
And she really did not want to imagine what his reason for leaving could be.



“The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it’s over. Those two elements always go together.” 


_________________________________________________________________________


Hello! I realised how sad the chapters are now so i added a little happy scene (well it was short-lived anyway)
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe and comment! <3