Hobos

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Nine

"No." Jae Hee slammed the door of her rooftop apartment.

 

Kai banged on the door. "Come on! It'll be just a month!"

 

"No," she yelled back as she threw her purse on her couch. He whined, "I'll pay you weekly!"

 

"NO! GO AWAY!" she snapped as she took a container of ice cream out and a spoon.

 

"Please?! I already found this great guy that's just perfect for Min Hee! Once I set them up and they fall in love, you're done! You'll never have to see me again!" He banged on the door again.

 

"I am not moving into your house, and that's final." She turned the TV on and started to eat her ice cream.

 

"Pleaseeeeee?! It's just a month!" he pleaded. Jae Hee ignored him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Jay…" Hana whispered through the phone.

 

Jae Hee groaned sleepily, "What?" She rubbed her eyes.

 

"There's… a hobo… sleeping outside your apartment…" Hana whispered as she hid behind the wall.

 

He had his arms around his knees and face buried in them. There was a blanket around him, and only his messy hair could be seen.

 

"What?" Jae Hee blinked and hung up as she got out of bed, ran out her room, and opened the door.

 

As soon she opened it, the hobo fell over, and his head hit her feet.

 

"Huh? What?" He sat up and looked around.

 

Jae  Hee blinked at him. "You're the hobo?"

 

"Hobo? What?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I am not a hobo! Do I really look like a hobo?"

 

"Then what the hell are you doing sleeping outside my apartment?!" Jae Hee snapped.

 

Kai blinked at her. "Oh."

 

"Yeah. Oh." She rolled her eyes.

 

Kai stared at her before the corners of his lips twitched upward.

 

She caught that and frowned, "What?"

 

"You look cute without makeup," he smiled even wider.

 

She stared at him before her eyes went wide as she gasped. She quickly ran back inside and slammed the door. She hated when people saw her without makeup.

 

"Yah! Open the door!" Kai laughed as he knocked lightly.

 

Jae Hee quickly got her phone out and called Hana. "Yah! Get him to leave!" she hissed at her.

 

"Why is he here, anyways?" Hana mumbled as she watched Kai from behind the wall. Jae Hee sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, "It's… a long story… I'll tell you, if you get him to leave."

 

"Fine," Hana pouted and hung up.

 

"WHAT THE-?!" Kai's eyes widened as he looked around, startled by the loud police sirens that literally just came out of nowhere.

 

Jae Hee started to laugh as she cupped and screamed to him from inside her apartment, "I called the police! You better run!"

 

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" His eyes widened.

 

She stifled another laugh. "I'm serious!"

 

"NO! YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?! PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING!" He gawked at the door, unable to believe it.

 

Then, the sirens got louder.

 

He looked around and panicked. "Where the hell is that coming from?!" Scared, he bolted into his car and drove off.

 

"HAHAHAAHAAA!" Hana burst into laughter as she turned the siren app on her phone off and walked towards Jae Hee's door.

 

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE THE BEST!" Jae Hee laughed even louder as she high-fived her best friend and let her inside.

 

"You… should have… seen… his face!" Hana clutched her stomach as she fell onto the ground and started to roll around.

 

Now this, this was the true ROFL.

 

"I brought coff- What happened?" Yoseob blinked as he walked in. He had a cupholder with three coffees in one hand and three bags of donuts in the other.

 

"N-Nothing…" Jae Hee and Hana both managed to speak through their laughs.

 

Yoseob pouted, "Why do I always miss all the fun?"

 

Hana and Jae Hee laughed lightly before they grabbed their coffee and bag of donuts.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Go away." Jae Hee shot Kai a glare as she cleaned up a table.

 

Kai shook his head. "You have to pack!"

 

"I'm not moving in with you and your crazy family!" she snapped at him, and everyone in the restaurant looked over at her loud tone, so she dipped her head apologetically.

 

"We're not crazy." Kai pouted, "Come on! I'll pay you!"

 

"I have a job." She walked into the kitchen and put the tray of dishes by the sink for the dishwasher boy before she went back out.

 

"I'll have you fired," Kai smirked.

 

Jae Hee gawked at him. "You wouldn't…"

 

"Ahem…" he cleared his throat, "Manager Par-" She got onto her tippy toes and covered his mouth, and he smiled at the closeness of their bodies.

 

"Shut. Up." She had to tilt her head all the way up just to glare at him. He nodded, and she uncovered his mouth.

 

"How tall are you, anyways?" Kai laughed a bit.

 

"161cm," she accidentally blurted and covered .

 

He laughed, "Seriously?! Oh my God! You're so short!" He patted her head sympathetically.

 

"No!" She glared at him. "You're just too tall! Now go away!" She walked over to a customer and smiled as she walked them to their table.

 

Kai sat down at the table across and folded his arms as he watched her serve the group of teenage boys. *It's so rare to see her smile.* He smiled when he saw her smile.

 

"Is there anything else you'd like?" Jae Hee asked sweetly as she jotted down their orders.

 

"Your number." One of the guys winked at her.

 

Kai gawked at them. *The nerve of these kids!* He was about to stand up and say something, but Jae Hee already did.

 

"Sure. It's 112." She smiled sweetly at them before she walked away. (A/N: 112 is the number for the Police in S.Korea, while 119 is the number for Medical and Fire).

 

*Ha! Losers!* Kai snickered at the boys' dejected expressions. Jae Hee rolled her eyes when she saw him and went to serve some other customers.

 

After a few hours, her shift was finally over. Kai was about to approach her when she came out the locker room, but a co-worker of hers beat him to it.

 

"Hey, Jae Hee-yah," he smiled. She looked at him and smiled, "Hi, Oppa! What's up?"

 

"Do you…" He nervously shuffled with his feet as he bit his lip, "…have any plans later?" She stared at him before she smiled, "N-"

 

"Actually-" Kai slid an arm around her waist and smiled, "-she does. She has to pack so that she could move into my house, since she's my FIANCÉE," he emphasized the last word.

 

Her co-worker blinked and frowned, "I didn't know you were engaged…" He hurriedly went back into the kitchen.

 

"Kai!" Jae Hee pushed him away and walked off.

 

Kai pouted and followed after her, "Why don't you want to move into my house? It's nice! We have fountains and gardens and swimming pools and-"

 

"-crazy people." Jae Hee finished for him as she continued to walk to her apartment.

 

Kai grabbed his hair in frustration before he sighed, "I'll pay you twenty million won."

 

She hesitated before she answered, "No."

 

"I'll pay you twenty five million won." Kai offered even more.

 

She shook her head and headed up the staircase to her apartment.

 

He sighed, "How much do you want? I'll give you whatever amount you want."

 

"I want…" She turned to him and smiled, "…you to get the hell out of my face." She kicked him in the shin and ignored his yelps as she went into her apartment.