Best Man

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Eighteen

After a long day at the beach, they all finally decided to go home. Jiyoung had fallen asleep, and Kai decided to carry her on his back.

 

"Oh." Mr. Kim quickly hurried over. "I'll take her."

 

Kai transferred her into her father's arms, and Mr. Kim brought her to their room.

 

Daehyun suddenly turned and looked at Kai. "Are you sure you want to marry Jae Hee?" he asked, his brows furrowed, "I mean, do you really know what you're getting yourself into?"

 

"Yah!" Jae Hee glared at him and punched his arm.

 

He laughed and rubbed his arm, "I'm kidding." He patted Kai's shoulder. "Take care of her, okay? Even if she breaks your bones, I forbid you to break hers."

 

"I wouldn't hit a girl!" Kai gawked at him.

 

Daehyun shrugged. "You never know, you know? One day, you might just come home all drunk and annoyed by her violent ways that you'll just decide to-"

 

"Oppa." Jae Hee rolled her eyes. "That won't ever happen," she laughed. *Because this is just all an act, anyways.*

 

"Still." Daehyun shrugged.

 

Suddenly, his phone rang. Everyone respectfully quieted down as he answered it.

 

"Jagiya!" he beamed happily, "…Mm. Yeah. Uh-huh. Wait." His face suddenly turned dead serious.

 

"Jagiya, it's not the strawberry cheesecake! We had that last week!" he whined and stomped his foot as he listened to her, "No! I want the oreo cheesecake! …B-But you promised- Wait! Jagiya! No! I love you~! ……Yah! Don't make me choose between you and cheesecake! ……Errrr. O-Of course I would ch-choose y-you, Jagiya…" He scratched his head.

 

"Sure you would," Jae Hee snorted and rolled her eyes.

 

"I'll see you later," he grinned sheepishly at them before he put the phone back at his ear, "Buy the oreo cheesecake before someone el-" He was already out the door.

 

"Okay. Well," Taemin laughed at Daehyun's argument with his girlfriend, "I think I'm going to shower up and sleep," he yawned and headed towards his room.

 

Min Hee looked at Kai and smiled, "Oppa, would you like to-"

 

"I'm tired, too," he faked a yawn and grabbed Jae Hee's hand before he walked her into their shared bedroom.

 

They both showered and changed into pajamas. Afterwards, they laid the blankets on the wooden tiles and threw the pillows down. Jae Hee lied down on the far right, far from Kai, who slept on the left side of the floor.

 

When she had fallen asleep, Kai his side so that he faced her. *She's so much more peaceful-looking when she's asleep.* He crawled close to her, kissed her temple, and chuckled to himself before he wrapped his arms around her waist, only to have her automatically wind her arms around his waist.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After Baekhyun had called yesterday and practically yelled in Kai's ear for not telling them he had a fiancée, they had come out to Busan earlier this morning, just to specially meet her and decide whether she was 'worthy' of marrying Kai.

 

"When do you two plan to get married?" D.O. asked. Kai cleared his throat, "We don't-"

 

"Can I be your best man?!" Baekhyun pleaded. Suho scoffed at him, "I'm the best man."

 

"I asked first!"

 

"Kai Hyung likes me more!"

 

"I think I'm more suitable than any of you, to be the best man."

 

"Shut up, Umma! You could be the bridesmaid!"

 

"W-What?! I'm not-"

 

"SHUT UP!" Jae Hee yelled, annoyed.

 

EXO-K all yelped and immediately shut their mouths.

 

"It's pretty obvious I'll be the best man, right?" Taemin grinned at Kai. Kai cleared his throat, "Of course…"

 

"But why are you two getting married, anyways?" D.O. frowned worriedly, "Marriage is a really big step, and you're both only 18."

 

"It's because we're in LOVE," Kai emphasized the last word to Min Hee.

 

She flinched at the word and angrily clenched her fists in her lap.

 

"You don't have to get married to prove that you're in love," Suho agreed with D.O..

 

"Or could it be…" D.O. raised a brow at Jae Hee, "…you're pregnant?" At that, Min Hee immediately dropped her spoon and looked at Jae Hee.

 

"Ooooh!" Baekhyun gasped, "Shotgun wedding!"

 

"I'm not pregnant!" Jae Hee gawked at them, offended.

 

Their mouths all formed little 'o's as they fell silent.

 

"Why does everyone think I'm pregnant?" she mumbled grumpily to herself, "Am I fat or something?"

 

"Of course not," Kai chuckled and nudged her arm before he leaned in and whispered in her ear, "But… seriously…" He gave her a worried look. "You're not pregnant…… right?"

 

"Kai!" she gawked at him and elbowed his side.

 

He shrugged. "Well… You never know, you know? Do you want me to buy a pregnancy test for you?"

 

"Kai!!!" She shoved his face away.

 

He rolled his eyes and leaned in closer again. "Seriously."

 

"I'm not!" She glared at him.

 

He chuckled and nudged her arm, "You don't have to be embarrassed. Oh… Wait…" he suddenly frowned, "Is it because… you had a one-night stand?"

 

"Kim Jongin!" She clenched her jaw and hit his arm.

 

He gave her a serious look. "Was it with a stranger? Your friend? Your ex-boyfriend? Just tell m-"

 

"I'm a !" she blurted and covered , embarrassed. She looked around and sighed in relief when she saw that everyone else was too busy in their own conversations to hear her.

 

"…Seriously?" Kai looked at her before he burst into laughter.

 

Jae Hee's face turned a bright red as she bit her lip, "Y-Yah. S-Stop." She weakly punched his arm.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After a short meeting at the café, they all headed to Jae Hee's house, which was empty since her parents were at the shop, while Jiyoung was at school.

 

Yep, EXO-K were planning on staying. It was like her house turned into a freaking resort or something.

 

"Is there any food?" EXO-K asked simutaneously as they carelessly threw their luggage down on the floor.

 

Jae Hee peeked into the kitchen and shook her head. "I'll make something. Who wants to help?" She looked at EXO-K, who all immediately bolted into the living room, and Min Hee followed Kai.

 

"I'll help," Taemin chuckled and went into the kitchen.

 

"Thanks, Oppa," she laughed and rolled her sleeves up, "What should we make?"

 

"I'm in the mood for…" He tapped his chin. "…Soondubu Jjigae?"

 

She laughed and nodded as she took out all the necessary ingredients.

 

She started to cut the dried anchovies, while he started to fill the pot with water. When she finished, she put the anchovies, along with the onions, mushrooms, garlic, and dried kelp, inside the pot.

 

"Here." Jae Hee suddenly handed Taemin an apron.

 

He took it and stared at it. "I am not wearing this." He scrunched his nose disapprovingly.

 

"Aw!" she pouted, "Why not? It'd look cute on you!"

 

He gaped at her, "It's a pink apron with hearts all over it!"

 

"Oh, really?" she gasped, "I didn't know! Thanks for telling me!"

 

He pouted, "Don't you have another one?" He pointed to the one that she grabbed. "I want that one."

 

"I'm wearing this one." She blinked at him.

 

He pouted again, "B-But… you're the girl! You should have the pink apron! I'll have the blue one!"

 

"But you're the more feminine one." She stuck her tongue out at him.

 

"Yah!" he gawked at her, "I am not feminine!"

 

"I'm kidding!" she laughed and hit his arm, "But…" She suddenly blinked. "…you're a lot skinnier than I am… and I think, if you had long hair, you'd look really pretty." She tilted her head. "Honestly, you'd look prettier than me."

 

"Shut up," he laughed and traded aprons with her. He quickly put his apron on and tied it before he went over to her and tied her apron on for her.

 

"Thanks?" She blinked and felt a blush creep up on her cheeks as her heart skipped a beat. *What was that?* She blinked again as she put a hand on her heart.

 

After about half an hour, they took the mushrooms out the pot, and Jae Hee started to cut them.

 

Taemin, who had nothing to do since she was doing most of the cutting, started to look at the pictures that were hung on the wall. He suddenly picked one off the wall and laughed.

 

"What?" She looked at him as she continued to cut the mushrooms. Her eyes widened when she saw the picture.

 

It was the five-year-old version of her, crying, as she wore a cute bear suit. For some strange reason, she even had on all this eyeshadow, blush, and red lipstick. She looked like a clown or, maybe, the Joker. In other words, it was an embarrassment.

 

"Hey! Don't look at tha- Ow!" she yelped and dropped the knife.

 

He stopped laughing and looked over to her. "Oh, geez!" His eyes widened as he quickly took her bloody finger and held it under the sink.

 

"Owwww!" she yelped again as the cold water washed onto her finger.

 

"Aigoo!" he chuckled and grabbed the first-aid kit, "You need to be more careful!"

 

"I was careful!" She pouted at him.

 

He gave her a look. "Really? Then how'd you manage to get your finger cut, huh?"

 

"W-Well…" she pouted again and winced when he put some rubbing alcohol on her deep cut.

 

He clucked his tongue, "Aigoo! Who do you think you are? Some kind of pro-ninja chef-" his voice immediately died when he looked up at her.

 

Their faces were so close that their noses touched. Both of their eyes widened in shock, but neither of them looked away from each other.

 

She gulped when she saw his eyes flicker to her lips, and her heartbeat started to race all over again.