Tea, Ice Cream, and... Kidnapping?

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Five

"………FIANCÉE?!" Jae Hee finally snapped out of her shocked state. Kai gaped at her, "L-Let me explain."

 

"Fiancée?!" Jae Hee punched Kai straight in the face.

 

"WHAT THE-?! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Kai stumbled back, a hand on his now bloody nose.

 

"Fiancée?! Who the hell is your fiancé, because it sure as hell isn't me?!" She kicked him in the shin.

 

"OWWWW!" He jumped around, one hand on his bloody nose and the other hand on leg. Jae Hee rolled her eyes and reached for her car handle.

 

"No! Wait!" Kai yelped as he grabbed her wrist.

 

"3… 2…"

 

"Okay!" He immediately let go of her wrist. She opened the door.

 

"Please!" Kai grabbed her wrist again. "Listen… Let me explain…"

 

"Fiancée? Really?! Why?! Why would you tell them that?!" She threw his hand off her wrist.

 

He grabbed it again and stared at her pleadingly. "That's why I want to explain… Please…" his voice sounded so desperate that she almost felt sorry for him… almost.

 

"You don't need to explain, to me, since we'll never see each other again, but you need to explain to your family, so good luck with that." She got into her car and closed the door. As she buckled her seatbelt, he got in and sat in the passenger seat.

 

"Get. Out." Jae Hee glared at him.

 

He shook his head and buckled his seatbelt. "I need your help."

 

"I need you to get out." Her voice was stern. Kai sighed, "Look… I know you think this is insane."

 

"No, I think you're insane." Jae Hee rolled her eyes.

 

He pouted, "Shall we talk about this over some tea?" He grabbed some tissues and wiped some blood off his nose.

 

"Get out." Jae Hee ordered again. Kai stared in the mirror as he touched his nose, "I think my nose is broken…"

 

"The guilt trip won't work on me." Jae Hee scoffed, "Get. Out."

 

"Okay. You don't like tea?" Kai sighed, "How about ice cream?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Okay! I know you're really confused as to why I suddenly said you were my fiancée." Kai acknowledged as he held an ice pack to his face. Jae Hee blankly stared at him as she her ice cream.

 

"Min Hee." He started.

 

She blinked at him. "The lying ?"

 

He gave her a look but nodded. "Yeah."

 

"What about her?" she asked as she bit the edges of her ice cream cone.

 

He took the ice pack off his face and grabbed his cup of ice cream as he spoke, "I've known her for twelve years, since the first grade. She was always my best friend, my little sister."

 

"Your point?" She blinked at him again.

 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "She's now obsessed with me."

 

"I can tell. She has 'crazy' written all over her." She nodded as she finished up her ice cream and started on her second ice cream cone.

 

"Ahem," Kai cleared his throat, still defensive of his best friend, "Because she's my best friend, I don't want to hurt her. I've tried to get her to move on. I've set her up on dates and told it to her face I don't like her."

 

"I told you. She's got 'crazy' written all over her." Jae Hee clucked her tongue.

 

He cleared his throat again, "I thought, maybe if she saw that I was in a relationship, she would finally move on. Plus, I wanted my parents to also realize that I would never marry her. I wasn't really thinking, though, when I was saying how you were my fiancée. Now, though, I think it's a good idea." He looked at her seriously. "Because I introduced you as my fiancée, I can't hire some other girl. It has to be you."

 

"Mmmm." She some ice cream off her lips. "So why should I help you?"

 

"Because…" He bit on his spoon. "I… saved you-"

 

"I paid you back for saving me from those guys and my job, sooooooooo...... I don't owe you anymore," she grinned and stood up, "Thanks for the ice cream, though!" She skipped out the ice cream parlor.

 

"You… owe me for the ice cream!" Kai blurted and rushed out after her. He grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Please." He looked at her desperately. "It won't be forever! It will only be a few months!"

 

"That's a long time." She shrugged and took her keys out. He bit his lip, "One! It will only be one month! I'll make sure that Min Hee will move on by then!"

 

"That's still a long time." Jae Hee whistled as she walked towards her car.

 

He grabbed her wrist and frowned, "I'll pay you."

 

She turned to him and blinked, "I already have all the money I need."

 

Kai bit his lip, "Come on! Please? I'll pay you whatever  you want. Cash? Clothes? Houses? I can buy them all. It's just for a few months that you'll have to pretend to be my fiancée."

 

Jae Hee rolled her eyes, "I'm already satisfied with what I have."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"F-Fired?!" Jae Hee's mouth fell open, "W-Why?!" Manager Lee frowned at her, "You were very rude to that customer."

 

"B-But…" Jae Hee couldn't deny that.

 

Manager Lee sighed, "Here's your final paycheck." He handed it to her and walked away.

 

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed, "Awesome…" she mumbled sarcastically before she walked out the restaurant.

 

"Hey there."

 

"AH!" she screamed and jumped at the voice behind her. She turned around.

 

Kai looked at her and smiled, "I didn't expect someone like you to get so scared."

 

"What are you doing here?!" she hissed at him before she hurriedly walked off.

 

Kai shrugged and followed after her, "Isn't it my job, as your fiancé, to pick you up from work?"

 

"I'm not your fiancée." She glared at him. He smiled at her, "You got fired, right?"

 

"How'd you know?" Jae Hee blinked.

 

He shrugged. "Because I bribed him to fire you," he admitted like it was nothing.

 

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Her eyes widened. Kai looked her in the eyes. "I found another waitress for him and asked him to fire you."

 

"W-WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" She swung a fist as his face.

 

He caught it and smiled, "Aha! I saw that coming! Your moves are so easily predict- OWWW!" He hopped around as he held onto his shin.

 

"Predictable, huh? You didn't see that one coming, did you?" she snickered at him before she took her car keys out. She stopped and looked around, a confused expression on her face. "What the-? Where the-?" She spun in circles and looked around.

 

"I know I parked here…" she mumbled to herself as she looked around again.

 

Kai looked up at her and grinned, "I had your car taken to my house."

 

"W-WHAT?!" Her jaw dropped, "YOU WHAT?! YOU CAN DO THAT?!"

 

"I can, and I did." He stuck his tongue out at her. She screamed and kicked Kai Junior before she stormed off.

 

*This girl is more stubborn than I thought she was…* Kai yelped and held onto Kai Junior, "Yah," he called out to her, but she didn't respond.

 

"Kim Jae Hee," he called again, but she continued to walk. He rolled his eyes and sighed, "Honestly, though, he was about to fire you, anyways. Did you really expect to not be fired after how you spoke to a customer?"

 

Jae Hee actually did expect to be fired but didn't want to admit it.

 

"Nonetheless-" Kai continued, "-I'm sorry. I didn't have your car taken to my mansion. It's just over there." He pointed down the alley.

 

She blinked at him. "Really?"

 

"Yeah." Kai nodded. "I just wanted to hide it from you so that I would get a chance to talk to you."

 

Jae Hee smiled and headed down the alley, Kai behind her.

 

"Down there." He pointed.

 

She nodded happily and skipped down the alley. As soon as she reached the end, two men in black suits grabbed her.

 

"WHAT THE-" her screams were cut off when they threw her into the van and drove off.