The Truth Behind Lee Taemin

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Seventeen

After they picked Jiyoung up from school, they all walked back home. Jae Hee and Daehyun would talk non-stop about his new girlfriend and cheesecakes. Kai would talk and bond with Jiyoung or, as he likes to call her, his 'future sister-in-law.'

 

When they got back to the house, Min Hee insisted they all go to the beach, specifically because she wanted to wear a two piece bikini in front of Kai.

 

"Oppa, what do you think?" Min Hee giggled as she stepped out in a hot pink bikini.

 

Taemin looked at her and gulped very loudly as his cheeks started to turn red.

 

Kai only awkwardly backed away when Min Hee started to rub his cleavage on his arm.

 

"That's a rather-" Daehyun raised his brows. "-…ty bikini."

 

Those were the EXACT words Kai was thinking.

 

"Yah!" She glared at Daehyun. "I wasn't asking you!"

 

He made a face and held his hands up in defeat before he slid his sunglasses on.

 

"Wut bout meh?" Jiyoung tugged on his swim trunks and looked up at him.

 

Daehyun looked down at her and laughed, "You look like an adorable little cupcake!" He tapped her nose, and she giggled.

 

"Why do you always compare people to food?" Jae Hee furrowed her brows at him as she walked out her room. Like Min Hee, she also wore a bikini but had a black tank top and black shorts over it.

 

"Aw, why so much clothing?" Kai pouted, "It's hot at the beach. You might want to wear just a bikini... or nothing at all," he smirked.

 

She rolled her eyes at him. "."

 

"It's okay, bro," Daehyun laughed, "You'll get to see all of it on your honeymoon." He winked at the younger.

 

"Y-Yah." Jae Hee punched his arm, and he pouted, "It's true, though."

 

"Aish! Let's just go!" She grabbed Jiyoung's hand and walked out.

 

After a short drive, they all arrived at the beach.

 

"Oppa!" Min Hee quickly dragged Kai into the water as Jiyoung started to bury Daehyun in the sand.

 

"Are you going in, too?" Taemin looked at Jae Hee.

 

She shook her head and laid the blanket out before she sat down, "Are you?"

 

He shook his head and sat next to her.

 

"Could I ask you something?" She looked at him.

 

He blinked at her before he grinned, "You just did."

 

"Not this!" She rolled her eyes and hit his arm.

 

He laughed a bit, "Go ahead."

 

"Why is your family name Lee? I thought-"

 

"Kai and I are only half brothers," he explained.

 

became slightly ajar, "Oh…"

 

"Kai never told you?" He blinked at her.

 

She shook her head.

 

He continued to explain, "My mother was about three years older than my father, but they were dating, anyways. When she got pregnant with me, he left her for a woman who was younger than him."

 

"What a bastard," Jae Hee accidentally blurted but bit her lip, "Sorry, I didn't-"

 

"No, he is," he laughed and rested his elbows on his knees, "While she was pregnant with me, she met Mr. Kim, Kai's dad. They fell in love. They got married. Then they had Kai." He nodded and looked up at the sky.

 

"Oh…" She nodded back and managed to find Kai, who was desperately trying to run away from Min Hee but failed miserably. *Am I supposed to help him?* She cocked her head.

 

"But what about Mr. Kim's company?" She ignored them and looked back at Taemin.

 

"Uh," Taemin smiled sheepishly, "Kai is the one inheriting it… That's why he's the one studying business and finance." he scratched his head a bit.

 

"Oh," she frowned sympathetically.

 

He saw the pity flash in her eyes and laughed a bit, "Don't worry! I don't mind! I'm not exactly the 'business' kind of person, anyways." He waved it off.

 

She forced a small smile but still felt sympathetic towards him. It still felt nice to know that he was willing to talk to her about his past. The fact that he was comfortable enough with her to tell her that made her heart flutter. -cringes at the cheesiness of that-

 

"Unnie." Jiyoung tugged on her sleeve.

 

Jae Hee looked at her and smiled, "Need something?"

 

Jiyoung nodded and pouted, "Me thirsty."

 

"Thirsty?" the older chuckled and reached into the bag before she handed the younger a carton of banana milk.

 

"Thank you!" Jiyoung beamed and ran back to Daehyun.

 

Jae Hee laughed and looked back at Taemin, "So you- Is there a problem?" She stared at him in confusion.

 

He suddenly gasped and pointed behind her, as if there were some big show or something.

 

She blinked and turned around. *What was he pointing at?* She twisted her lips as she looked around. "Oppa, what were you-" She turned back to him and saw him drinking banana milk out of the carton he had stolen from her bag.

 

He blinked at her before he giggled sheepishly, a pink tint coming onto his cheeks.

 

"Geez." Jae Hee raised a brow. "Stealing from children?" He put a finger on his lips and shushed her, and they both laughed.

 

"Yah!" Daehyun suddenly yelled, "Could you two help me?"

 

Jae Hee and Taemin both looked over at Daehyun, who was buried in the sand by Jiyoung and other kids.

 

They gave him s and a large stomach, as well as a bikini made of seashells.

 

"After this." Jae Hee pulled her phone out and took a few pictures.

 

"Yah!" Daehyun struggled to get the sand off him, and Taemin and Jae Hee just laughed.

 

Kai enviously watched as Daehyun managed to stand up under all the sand and started to chase Jae Hee around the beach. *They're friends but seem much more than that.* He shook his head. *It's fine. He has a girlfriend. There's no way he'd like her… that way.* He reassured himself.

 

"Oppa." Min Hee grabbed Kai's arm and turned him to her.

 

He blinked at her. "What?" His eyes drifted back to Jae Hee.

 

Now, Daehyun and Jae Hee were both burying Taemin in the sand, while Jiyoung was holding a carton of banana milk for Taemin, who was eagerly sipping it through a straw.

 

*I want to be apart of the fun, too…* Kai pouted and tried to walk over to them, but Min Hee dragged him in the other direction.

 

"Oppa, let's-"

 

"Could you buy me a drink?" he interrupted, "I'm thirsty."

 

"Of course!" she beamed, "I'll be right back! Wait here!" She quickly ran off.

 

*Wait here? Do you think I'm stupid?* Kai quickly bolted in the opposite direction until his phone suddenly rang. He came to a stop and took his phone out without glancing at the Caller ID. "Yoboseyo?"

 

"YAH! KIM JONGIN! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED, AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?!"