To Busan, We Shall!

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Fifteen

"How is it?" Jae Hee asked as she flipped through a newspaper and circled the names of restaurants that were hiring.

 

"Oh my!" Mrs. Kim giggled through the phone, "It's HUGE!"

 

Jae Hee smiled, "I'm glad you like it, Ma. What about Pa? Jiyoung? What do they think about the new house?"

 

"WE LOVE IT, TOO!" Mr. Kim and Jiyoung both yelled, and Jae Hee chuckled.

 

"Unnie!" Jiyoung got the phone and smiled, "Wen yuh gun visit ush?"

 

Jae Hee immediately softened at her sweet voice. She missed her little sister. No. She missed her whole family, despite how she saw them a few weeks ago when Kai suddenly announced himself as her fiancé.

 

"JAE HEE! GET DOWN HERE!"

 

Jae Hee rolled her eyes. *What does that witch want now?* "I'll visit soon, I promise. Tell Ma and Pa I said 'bye.'" She hung up and went downstairs.

 

"Kim Jae Hee." Mrs. Kim glared at her. "What is this?" She pointed furiously at the table.

 

"Um." Jae Hee blinked. "I believe it's a table, though I could be wrong. It might be an elephant or possibly a flower or-"

 

"Not the table!" Mrs. Kim yelled.

 

Jae Hee blinked again. "But, Omonim, that is what you pointed to…"

 

"I was pointing at the DUST on the table!" Mrs. Kim scoffed, "And do not EVER call me 'Omonim.' I will NEVER see you as a daughter!" she huffed while dramatically crossing her arms.

 

"Yes, Omon-… Yes, Ahjumma." Jae Hee nodded in understanding.

 

"YAH!" Mrs. Kim gasped and stumbled back, a hand on the back of her neck, "D-DON'T CALL ME 'AHJUMMA'!!"

 

Jae Hee blinked. "Yes… Halmoni?"

 

"OMO! OMO! OMO!" Mrs. Kim gasped again, "C-CLEAN THIS TABLE!" she huffed and hurried out the house.

 

*Aish.* Jae Hee rolled her eyes and started to clean the table, which barely had any dust on it whatsoever.

 

When she finished, her phone started to ring, so she quickly set the cleaning supplies aside and answered her phone.

 

"Oppa!" she grinned immediately.

 

He chuckled, "Missed me that much, babe? I just called you, yesterday."

 

"Shut up," she pouted and put the cleaning supplies away.

 

"It was a 'yes' or 'no' question, babe," he whined.

 

"Fine! Yes!" Jae Hee blurted, "I miss you! I miss you sooooooooo much!!!"

 

*You miss who so much?* Kai blinked. He had come home from a shortened class and headed into the kitchen for a drink, when he heard Jae Hee on the phone.

 

"I miss Busan! I miss home! I miss everything!" she whined and stomped her foot childishly.

 

"…Fine," she pouted after a few seconds, "I love you, too," she sighed and hung up.

 

*Stupid Oppa.* She made a face at the phone. *I'm about to have a mental break-down, and you leave me to go eat some food?! Jerk.* She rolled her eyes and put her phone in her pocket.

 

*She's home-sick?* Kai turned around and bit his lip. He quickly hid but then came back out when Jae Hee had gone back upstairs to their room. After a few minutes, he finally smiled and ran upstairs.

 

"You're back," Jae Hee mumbled as she turned the page of the newspaper.

 

Kai grinned even wider, "Pack your stu-"

 

"YES!" Jae Hee threw the newspaper and immediately grabbed the suitcase and started to fill it with clothes.

 

"Why are you so excited to pack?" He blinked. "You don't even know where we're going. Aren't you going to ask?"

 

"I really don't care!" she laughed, "I just want to get away from your crazy family!"

 

"They're not crazy," he pouted, offended, "At least… Taemin Hyung isn't." he mumbled, scratching his hair.

 

After they finished packing all the necessities, he carried both their luggage out. Then they saw Taemin, who just got back from his classes.

 

"Oppa!" Jae Hee beamed at him.

 

He looked over and blinked. "Where are you two going? Early honeymoon?" he joked.

 

"Ewwwww!" Kai and Jae Hee simutaneously made faces as they shook their heads in distaste. They locked eyes and glared at each other.

 

"Why wouldn't you want to go on a honeymoon with me?" He furrowed his brows at her.

 

She furrowed her brows, also. "Why wouldn't you want to go on a honeymoon with me?" she scoffed, "I mean, do you not see this?" She gestured to her own body.

 

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa… Whoa." Kai gave her 'the hand' and scoffed, "Now, I never said anything about not wanting to go on a honeymoon with you. Trust me, I would LOVE to go," he looked her up and down and smirked, "Yes, I do see your amazing body. I'm just saying that every human being would rather have this." He gestured to his own body. "I mean… look at me," he smiled, "I'M HOT!" he laughed and checked himself out in the mirror that hung on the wall.

 

Taemin chuckled as he watched the two. *So this is what happens when two conceited idiots come together as a couple.* He clucked his tongue and shook his head at them.

 

"Every human being?" Jae Hee raised a brow and turned to Taemin. "Oppa, would you rather have that-" She pointed to Kai. "-or this?" She gestured to herself.

 

"Definitely you." Taemin answered without the slightest hesitation.

 

Kai furrowed his brows at the elder. "Did you just indirectly hit on my FIANCÉE?!"

 

Taemin blinked in realization and started to fluster, "O-Of course n-not!" He blushed. "I-I… D-Don't you think it'd be awkward if I chose my own BROTHER?"

 

"Oh, right," Kai blinked and chuckled, "Never mind." He waved it off and started to walk down the stairs.

 

"Hey, Oppa!" Jae Hee suddenly looked at Taemin and smiled, "Wanna come with?"

 

"What?" Kai and Taemin both blinked at her.

 

She blinked back. "Why not? The more, the merrier, right?" She tilted her head.

 

"B-But…" Kai stuttered.

 

"Where are you two going?" Taemin asked. Kai sighed and gave in, "We're going to Busan."

 

"Busan?" Taemin and Jae Hee both blinked, and her eyes instantly lit up as a large smile slapped itself onto her face.

 

"Yeah," Kai softened at the sight of her smile.

 

"Is it really okay if I go?" Taemin asked awkwardly, "I mean… I don't want to be a third wheel or something… I'm sure you two'd rather spend time with just each other, right?"

 

*Right!* Kai inwardly smirked. *So please don't agree!*

 

"Nah!" Jae Hee laughed, "Oppa! You should come! It'll be fun!"

 

Kai mentally face-palmed himself. *It'd more fun, if it were just the two of us.*

 

"Are you sure?" Taemin worrily glanced at Kai.

 

Jae Hee looked at Kai and blinked. "That's fine, right?" She tilted her head again.

 

"Err." Kai bit his lip, "Sure…" he forced a small smile. *So much for my 'romantic getaway' with her.* He pouted and slumped his shoulders.

 

"Okay," Taemin beamed, "Give me a few minutes to pack and stuff." He quickly headed into his room.

 

"Well!" Min Hee grinned and popped out from behind the wall, "That means I could come, too, right? The more, the merrier, right?" she repeated Jae Hee's words.

 

"W-What the-?" Jae Hee gawked at her, "H-How long have you…?" She scratched her head, confused.

 

"Oppa~!" Min Hee ran down the stairs to Kai and hooked her arm with his before she started to drag him down the staircase.