That Guitar Player

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Thirty

"Eight."

 

"Seven."

 

"Eight and a half."

 

Jae Hee rolled her eyes as she listened to EXO-K and SHINee.

 

They were all at Busan Elementary, waiting for Jiyoung to be released from school, and as Baekhyun had guessed, there were actually a lot of high schoolers walking by and waiting for their little siblings to get out. Being as bored as they were, they all decided to rate all the girls that walked by on a scale of 1-10.

 

Soon after the loud bell rang through their ears, and eventually, students began pouring out past the large gates of the school. Like promised, after they found Jiyoung, they all walked down to the nearby convienence store.

 

"Unnieeee." Jiyoung heavily tugged on Jae Hee's shirt, and when she got her older sister's attention, she pointed to the bags of chips and candies on one of the shelves. "I want those," she beamed up at her sister, sweetly batting her lashes.

 

"No," the older one replied, smiling at her cute little sister. "You shouldn't eat too much junk food!" she warned. "It's bad for your health!" She slid open one of the doors to the freezers and started grabbing a few mini ice cream containers.

 

"You hypocrite." Suho nudged her forehead, clucking his tongue at the younger who made a face at him.

 

"More like hippo," Baekhyun snorted, rolling his eyes, as he pulled out a bottle of soda from the fridge beside her.

 

"Yah!!!" Jae Hee kicked him in the knee, making him yelp like a dog, catching the attention of everyone else in the store.

 

Blushing madly, he cleared his throat and awkwardly hid his face behind his hand as he casually walked behind Minho, taking cover behind his tall stature.

 

After they all bought a few snacks, not forgetting to buy some for Taemin and Kai who were at home, they walked back down to her house.

 

"Actually, guys..." Jae Hee suddenly spoke, glancing at the opposite end of the road. "You guys can go without me."

 

"Where are you going?" Jiyoung blinked at her, tilting her head.

 

"Um." Jae Hee fiddled with the bottom of her shirt. "Just... somewhere," she smiled softly at her sister. "I'll be back for dinner, promise!" She waved at the confused guys before she ran off towards Jiyoung's elementary school.

 

She popped open the lid of an ice cream container, unfolding the small little spoon, and dug in. She walked for a few more minutes and stopped directly in front of a tall and huge but old building:

 

Busan High School.

 

She nervously bit on the spoon, mentally debating on whether she should enter or not. Taking a deep breath, she ultimately stepped into the office of the school.

 

She had to. After she had seen that guy at Nampo-dong yesterday, the guy playing the guitar, she wasn't able to get him out of her mind.

 

Everything about them was the same: the eyes, the nose, the mouth, their beautiful voices, their guitars.

 

And she knew it was him. The way he looked at her said it all.

 

Walking down the emptied hallways of the old high school, she noticed many differences like how they had repainted the walls, gotten a larger trophy case, and so on. Peeking inside the classrooms, she recognized some of her old teachers.

 

She talked with a few of her old teachers for a bit, asking them about their new students, talking to them about random things, about how she was doing now. Afterwards, she walked up to the second story, eating ice cream out of another container she had just opened.

 

And she walked and walked and walked and finally stopped. Holding the spoon in , she reached her free hand out and gently grazed the bottom corner of one of the lockers.

 

On it, the words "JY♥JH" was engraved in it.

 

Laughing, she took her hand off and took the spoon out of . *I can't believe it's still here...* She let out a content yet bitter sigh, digging into the small container for more ice cream before she continued her adventure around her school.

 

And finally, she came across the room she had been waiting to visit again.

 

Room 7A: Music Room.

 

She threw her now-empty ice cream container into the nearby trash can before she grabbed the chilled doorknob of the room. She nibbled on the bottom of the lip, hesitant on whether to open it or not.

 

Then she glanced at the silver plaque that hung beside the door, where the name of the room was written. Squinting her eyes, she noticed the small words written at the bottom corner.

 

JY♥JH.

 

And seeing that, a small smile tingled on her lips. Having gained a bit of strength, she twisted the handle and opened the door, creating a squeaky creak in the process.

 

Hearing the sound of the old door, the only person in the room stopped tuning his guitar. He stared at his feet for a few seconds, listening to the silence from the person who had opened the door. And finally, he looked up, locking eyes with a shocked Jae Hee. But slowly, the corners of his lips began to hitch upwards.

 

"I had a feeling you'd come here."