Jealous Kai

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Twenty-Two

*Where the hell is she?!* He grunted in frustration before he bit his lip and continued to pace back and forth. *It's already midnight, and she's not here!* He grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door to leave, only to have it swung open in his face.

 

"Whoa!" Taemin and Kai both backed up, startled.

 

"Jae Hee." Kai raised a brow at her.

 

She blinked at him and took her shoes off. "What?"

 

"Where the hell were you?" He furrowed his brows. "You didn't answer any of my calls!"

 

She blinked again. "I was out with Taemin."

 

Kai looked at Taemin. "You were…" He raised a brow. "……out with Taemin?"

 

"I-It wasn't like that!" Taemin quickly blurted, "She was just bored and-"

 

"Where'd you guys go? What'd you guys do? Why are you guys back so late?" Kai attacked them with questions.

 

Jae Hee shrugged and headed upstairs, "We just got ice cream and went to the park."

 

"But why are you guys back so late?" Kai frowned deeply as he followed after her.

 

"We accidentally fell asleep on the bus and missed our stop," Taemin explained, yawning, as he went into his room.

 

"What he said," Jae Hee mumbled and headed into their room.

 

Kai frowned and followed after her, "Why didn't you just invite me, if you were bored?" He closed the door. "Why Taemin?"

 

Jae Hee shrugged as she searched her dresser for pajamas. "You were at your classes."

 

"But-"

 

"Why are you asking so many questions?" She gave him a confused look. "It's like your jealous or something." She walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

 

Kai sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. *What the hell's wrong with me?*

 

He hated it. He hated the fact Jae Hee and Taemin were always so close. He tried to convince himself they were only friends but doubted it completely. He didn't know why, but he just didn't like them together at all. He hated it.

 

He bit his lip and scratched his head. *Why am I jealous? It's not like we're really together…* It hurt to admit that.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jae Hee quickly prepared a bucket of soap water and and rags before she brought it outside to the big, white limousine.

 

As soon as Kai had left, Mrs. Park had ordered her to wash the limo.

 

As she rolled the sleeves of her flannel up, the bucket of soap water was suddenly kicked and spilled all over the driveway. "What the hell?!" Jae Hee quickly turned around.

 

Min Hee shrugged. "Oops," she smirked before she flipped her hair.

 

"You little-"

 

"Min Hee-yah!" Mrs. Kim cooed, "You're here! Come! Don't stand so closely to that thing!"

 

Min Hee smirked at Jae Hee again before she kicked the bucket into the fountain and went inside.

 

"-…." Jae Hee stepped into the cold fountain water and grabbed the bucket before she stepped out and dried her legs. She filled the bucket with more soap water.

 

"What are you doing?" Taemin blinked when he ran out the house and saw her.

 

Jae Hee looked up and laughed, "I'm washing your mother's limo. Aren't I so nice?"

 

"By yourself?" Taemin's eyes widened in surprise.

 

She only nodded once.

 

He watched her for a bit before he went into the house. When he came back out, he was in a casual blue t-shirt and blue swim trunks.

 

"What are you-?" Jae Hee blinked when he started to wipe the limo with another wet rag.

 

He looked at her and grinned, "I can't let you clean all by yourself, can I?"

 

"Actually, you can."

 

"Just shut up and let me help you." He rolled his eyes jokingly, and she made a face at him before she laughed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When Kai got home, he was surprised to see Jae Hee and Taemin outside.

 

They were sitting on the edge of the fountain and just talking and laughing, but the strange thing was that their clothes were wet.

 

"What are you guys doing?" Kai raised a brow at them.

 

They stopped laughing and turned to him. "Oh," Taemin cleared his throat and stood up, "We were just talking."

 

"Why the hell are you guys wet?" Kai furrowed his brows in confusion.

 

Jae Hee laughed, "We were washing the limo, and SOMEONE-" She looked at Taemin. "-'accidentally' lost control of the hose and made it spray everywhere."

 

He giggled sheepishly and scratched his head.

 

"Wait." Kai blinked. "Why were you guys washing the limo?"

 

"Umma made her," Taemin frowned a bit and ruffled his hair, "I should probably go change before I get sick." He looked at Jae Hee worriedly. "You, too," he gave her a small smile before he walked inside.

 

"My mom makes you do stuff like this?" Kai gawked at Jae Hee as he followed her inside.

 

She only nodded.

 

He stared at her in disbelief. "Why didn't you ever tell me?! I would have done something about it!"

 

She waved it off as she entered their room. "It's nothing."

 

"It's nothing?" he scoffed and closed the door, "What the hell? You're not our maid, you're my fiancée!"

 

"Fake," she corrected as she went into the bathroom and locked the door.

 

He stared at the door and blinked in surprise. *Right…* He frowned. *Fake.* He sighed and ruffled his hair. He had totally forgotten they were only in a fake relationship.

 

That was all they were and all they ever will be. Fake.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO-K, SHINee, Min Hee, and Jae Hee were all at the park together.

 

At first, Mrs. Park had called Jae Hee and told her that Mi Young wanted to see her and Taemin.

 

When Kai found out Taemin was going, he wanted to go, too, because he was jealous. When Min Hee found out Kai was going, she wanted to go, too, because she wanted to be with him. When EXO-K found out Min Hee was going, they wanted to go, too, because they wanted to help Kai get away from Min Hee. When SHINee found out EXO-K were going, they wanted go, too, because they felt lonely and left out.

 

"Ooooh, banana milk!" Taemin grabbed a few cartons of banana milk from the bags of food and drinks.

 

Jae Hee blinked in surprise. "Oppa, those are for the kids."

 

"He is a kid," Minho chuckled and patted Taemin's head.

 

Taemin made a face at them both before he started to drink up.

 

"Unnie!" Mi Young squealed and hugged Jae Hee's leg, "You're here!" She looked at Taemin and blushed as she smiled widely, "And you brought your boyfriend, too!"

 

"BOYFRIEND?!" Kai and Taemin both gawked at the seven-year-old.

 

She blinked at them. "What?"

 

"HE'S NOT HER BOYFRIEND!" Kai continued to gawk at her, "I AM!"

 

"Ohhhh." She blinked in surprise. "Sorry, Oppa! I thought she and Taeminnie Oppa were dating, since they were on a date last time!"

 

"Date?" Kai raised a brow at Taemin.

 

Taemin gasped and shook his head, "N-No! It wasn't a d-d-date!"

 

"Oh, look!" Baekhyun laughed nervously, "It's, um, a slide!" He, EXO-K, and SHINee all ran away to the playground, not wanting to be apart of the drama. Taemin had to even drag Min Hee with them, not wanting her to be left in the battlefield with them.

 

"Oh, wow!" Mi Young gasped and ran to Chanyeol, "Can I pet your head?! It looks so fluffy!"

 

"Aish, you scared them away," Jae Hee joked lightly and teasingly punched Kai's arm as she laughed.

 

He only continued to stare at her, making her nervous.

 

"What?" She raised a brow at him.

 

"Why are you so close to Taemin Hyung?" he slightly frowned.

 

She blinked at him. "We're just friends."

 

"Really?" He raised a brow. "Because it doesn't ing seem like you guys are just ing 'friends.'"

 

"Kai." She blinked at him, surprised by his choice of words and angry tone, before she narrowed her eyes at him, "Why are you so angry? We're just-"

 

"Do you like him or something?" He narrowed his eyes back at her.

 

She didn't respond for a long time, and he was praying that she would say 'no.'

 

"…No, I don't," she mumbled. Truthfully, she didn't know whether she did or not. "And why do you care?" she scoffed, "It's not like we're-" Her eyes widened when he cupped her face and kissed her.