April 4th (Final Part)

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

It's Tuesday!!!! What's Tuesday?! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. Hahahaha. I'm finally fifteen years old now! Whoo! /confetti. Since my family's really poor, we've never had the money to buy each other birthday presents, or presents for any other holidays like Christmas. So, because I don't receive any presents on my birthday, I like giving out presents and this is my present to you guys! It's a really crappy, poorly written like always, and short chapter, I know; I was lazy. OTL.

Anyway, I also have another present for you guys!!!! Yayayayay.

My Deer-Like Wolf

Okay. I know you're thinking, "Ew! What? Another dumb werewolf fic?" HOWEVER, in my story, EXO is not the mythical creature you'd read about in legends, or in fanfics, or see in movies, or in TV shows. In my story, they're government experiments. I felt regular old werewolves were too cliché. Haha, that's all I could tell you for now. Oh, and like for every single one of my stories, always expect huge plot twists and weird endings. ;)


Chapter Thirty-Six

"You've got to be kidding." Taemin's shoulders sunk, and he almost fell on his knees with the way his legs were so weakened from running. After finally escaping the city traffic, he managed to get his way to the subway (it would take five to eight hours [depending on traffic] to actually drive to Busan). He shoved his way through the sea of people, and nearly died of joy when he managed to buy a ticket for the KTX leaving to Busan. Relieved, he plopped down against a brick column, fanning himself with his ticket. The train would leave in ten minutes, and if SHINee could stall Kai for that much longer, he would definitely get to Busan before his little brother.

 

--------

 

"You've got to be ing kidding me." Kai grabbed the sides of his head frustratedly, groaning as he kicked the wall beside him. He had literally just missed the train to Busan by ten minutes! Ten freaking minutes! ", , ." He paced back and forth anxiously, wringing his hands. It would be another hour or so until the next train to Busan would arrive.

 

"Could you get me some tea?"

 

"O—"

 

"And some chips."

 

"O—"

 

"And some maga—"

 

"OKAY!!!" Jonghyun finally burst, leaving Key with his mouth open. Kai blinked, confused. Wasn't Key supposed to be "sick"? He was just wheezing on the floor half an hour ago, and now he was bossing Jonghyun around like a slave?

 

"Why'd you stop?" Key snapped at the younger, and Kai blinked, coming back out of his thoughts.

 

"Oh." He proceeded his job of giving his hyung a nice back massage, his eyes occasionally drifting off to the clock every five seconds. "Are you feeling better, Hyung? I need to go some—"

 

"You're leaving me?" Key gasped lightly, turning around to face the dark-skinned boy.

 

"Well I…"

 

"But I need you." Key faked some sniffles, easily making tears form in his eyes as he cupped Kai's hand in his. "I'm dying, and I—"

 

"Heyy, Taeminnie just called. He's getting on the KTX—" Onew's voice faltered as he entered the apartment, and all three pairs of eyes were on him.

 

"KTX?" Kai blinked, again stopping giving Key a massage. "Why is he on the KTX?" His brows raised in suspicion, and his eyes narrowed as he saw the leader's adam's apple bob up and down. Seeing how Jongkey were face-palming themselves, something in him… clicked. He wasn't the top of his class for nothing. "He's going to Busan, isn't he?" Kai asked, already getting on his feet and grabbing his car keys.

 

"Kai—"

 

"You guys are so ing cheap," Kai said, only to immediately regret it afterwards when he saw the shock on his hyung's faces. He didn't mean to be so rude, but he was pissed. He was actually sincerely worried that Key was terribly sick, and this all turned out to be some little prank to stall for Taemin?

 

"Oh this." Kai shook his head, realizing it was too late since his brother had already gotten on the train. With a bold sprint, Kai bolted out of the subway station and to his car. "Screw the KTX." He was taking the plane. It was only a tad bit more expensive, but since they lived near Incheon Airport, and the plane ride to Busan was only less than one whole hour, he would probably get to Busan first. It was dangerous, but while he drove he was also checking the flight times through his phone. There was an open flight to Busan leaving in an hour, meaning if he got on that flight he'd get there maybe half an hour before Taemin.

 

--------

 

"Are you leaving?" Yong Hwa asked, worriedly rubbing Jae Hee's shoulders. She and her family had been at Jae Hwa's gravestone for almost three hours now. Mrs. Kim cried, so did Jiyoung (but really only because her mom was crying), but Jae Hee refused to drop even a tear. They didn't exchange any words, just gazing longingly at the stone as if the deceased would just pop up and say she was back from vacation in Paradise or something.

 

"I think I'll stay longer," Jae Hee said, calmly patting her flowery dress before sitting down on the small blanket they had brought. Yong Hwa nodded, knowing she needed some time alone, and left with her family. Jae Hee sat there for a while, getting lost in her thoughts, her flashbacks, the painful memories she tried so hard to keep locked up. Jae Hwa was her role model, her best friend, her sister. They fought a lot, but anyone could see how close they were. The older of the two always stuck up for the younger whenever she was bullied. They always had each other's backs, always bought each other stupid gifts, always played games with each other. And, to be honest, Jae Hee blamed herself for her sister's death. She couldn't stop it. She knew how heartbroken her sister was, although she smiled and laughed like she normally did. She knew. She knew everything. Yet she didn't do anything. She didn't do anything and it was all her fault. Just all her fault. Everything was her fault.

 

"Everything is my fault…" Jae Hee whispered to herself, shaking her head slowly as her hands covered her face. She did that for moments longer until she felt her hands starting to get slippery from the tears soaking them. *Damn it, Jae Hee. You're so stupid.* She smacked her forehead, in a deep breath before opening her bloodshot eyes. She was about to stand up, when a hand stuck out to her, a cleanly white handkerchief placed in it. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she looked up, scruntinizing the person's face. When she recognized it, she couldn't hide the shock in her expression. "What are you doing here?"