Kai's New Girlfriend

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Nineteen

Softly, Taemin's lips pressed against Jae Hee's, and she kissed him back.

 

He slowly brought his hand up to the back of her neck and tilted it for a better angle, giving him the chance to deepen their kiss. He lightly swiped his tongue across her bottom lip, and she parted them faster than you could say 'I want oreos.' He felt her arms encircle his neck as his free arm began to wrap around her waist.

 

"Hey! Is there any so-"

 

Taemin and Jae Hee both practically jumped away from each other, which caused Taemin to accidentally knock an empty pot onto the ground and create a loud clank. He quickly picked it up and put it back on the counter before he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"What's up with you two?" Sehun blinked as he walked into the kitchen.

 

She cleared , "N-No-No-Nothing."

 

"Um. Okay?" He blinked again. "Is there any soda?" He looked around.

 

"O-Oh," she stuttered, "T-Th-There." She pointed to the cabinet.

 

He gave her a weird look. "Thanks?" He opened the cabinet and got out a can of soda. He filled a glass cup with the soda and ice before he left the kitchen.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO-K and Min Hee all stared at Taemin and Jae Hee, who blankly poked at their rice and stared into space.

 

"What's wrong with you two?" Kai nudged Jae Hee's arm.

 

She dropped her chopsticks, startled, and blinked. "Huh?"

 

"You and Hyung are both spacing out." He raised a brow at her. "Did something happen?"

 

She cleared and shook her head, "No." She grabbed her chopsticks.

 

"What happened?" He grabbed her hand. His eyebrows furrowed together worriedly at the bandage on her finger.

 

"Nothing," she laughed nervously, "I just accidentally cut my finger while chopping some mushrooms."

 

"Um… There's no blood in this…… right?" Baekhyun raised a brow at the bowl of stew.

 

She made a face at him. "No."

 

"Oppa!" Min Hee beamed, "Let me feed you!" She held out a spoonful of stew for Kai.

 

He shook his head.

 

"You could feed me!" Sehun, who sat on the other side of her, opened his mouth.

 

She rolled her eyes and put it in her own mouth.

 

"Aw," he pouted but brightened up when D.O., who sat on the other side of him, started to feed him.

 

The rest of the dinner was mostly quiet and awkward. EXO-K all tried to flirt with Min Hee, but she would ignore them and continue to try to feed Kai, who would ignore her and try to talk to Jae Hee, who would not even pay attention to what he was saying.

 

Taemin and Jae Hee were both in really deep thought, their kiss scene stuck on replay. Whenever they glanced at each other, they locked eyes, remembered the kiss, and quickly looked away.

 

"Are you okay?" Kai nudged Jae Hee's arm again.

 

She snapped out of it and blinked. "Huh? Oh… Yeah…"

 

"You didn't even eat." He raised a brow at her untouched rice.

 

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled as she stood up.

 

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down into her seat. "Is it because you poisoned the food? Is that why you don't want to eat?" he joked and started to shove spoonfuls of rice and stew into .

 

"Mmf." Her eyes widened.

 

He laughed at her inflated cheeks and wiped some rice off the corner of her lips.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taemin and Jae Hee both washed the dishes quietly, as EXO-K and Min Hee had all gone out to buy ice cream (at Jae Hee's request).

 

"Errr," Taemin cleared his throat, "About that kiss."

 

Jae Hee felt her cheeks heat up. "…Y-Yeah?"

 

He cleared his throat again, "It didn't mean anything… so… we don't… um… have to tell Kai…"

 

"Right…" She felt her heart grow heavy but didn't know why.

 

"It was just in the heat of the moment," he explained even further.

 

She only nodded, not able to force the words of agreement out of .

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning, Jae Hee woke up really early and helped Jiyoung get ready for school. Kai had woken up with her, and all three of them walked out of the house and to her school.

 

"Look!" Jiyoung smiled and pointed at a rock.

 

Jae Hee raised a brow in amusement. "Yes! Rocks are very beautiful."

 

"Tone it down on the sarcasm, will you?" Kai chuckled and picked the rock up, "This one is actually kinda pretty."

 

"Oh, wow. I didn't know you had a thing for rocks," she snorted and took Jiyoung's hand as they continued to walk.

 

"I do, as a matter of fact," he smirked and held his chin up, proud to be in a relationship with a pointed rock that could possibly kill him.

 

She gawked at him, "So what you're trying to say is… you're leaving me for a rock?"

 

"I am, as a matter of fact," he smiled, "Unlike YOU, Rocky Baby will never hurt me," he cooed at the rock.

 

She rolled her eyes. "Unless I take 'Rocky Baby' and throw it at your head," she slightly smirked.

 

"She's not an 'it'!" he gasped and held Rocky Baby in front of his face, "Don't listen to the jealous ex-girlfriend!" He blew a kiss at the rock and patted it affectionately.

 

She gave him a stange look. "I can't believe I'm being dumped for a rock."

 

"Well, believe it." He stuck his tongue out at her. "Rocky Baby is my new girlfriend! Tsk! She's a lot prettier than you are! And a lot less violent!" he huffed at her.

 

She chuckled and punched his arm lightly, "Whatever, I don't care!" She stuck her tongue out at him, too, "It's not like we're really dati- nhwueafhsd!"

 

He had covered with his hand.

 

She gave him a confused look, her thin eyebrows pinched together.

 

"It's not like you weally whut?" Jiyoung blinked, her head tilted curiously at her older sister.

 

Kai laughed and shook his head, "It's nothing."

 

She stared at him and eventually shrugged it off, distracted by another 'pretty' rock she found.

 

He took his hand off Jae Hee's mouth and tossed Rocky Baby aside.

 

Jae Hee gasped at him, "That's mean! How could you just throw your new girlfriend away like that? She's not a toy!"

 

"No, but she's a rock," he laughed, and she laughed, too.

 

"Swing!" Jiyoung beamed at the both of them.

 

They looked at each other and smiled before they took either of the little girl's hands and swung her back and forth as she giggled happily.

 

When they arrived at the front of her school, they saw other parents dropping their children off, too, as well as older brothers and sisters.

 

"Kiss, kiss." Jiyoung let go of their hands and looked up at them.

 

At the word 'kiss,' Jae Hee lightly put a finger on her lips as she remembered her kiss with Taemin.

 

She had boyfriends before and kissed guys before, but she couldn't figure out why this one felt so… different?

 

"Hey." Kai nudged her arm.

 

She snapped out of it and blinked at him. "What?"

 

He nodded to Jiyoung.

 

Jae Hee looked at her little sister and smiled, "Oh, right." She crouched down and planted her lips on her little sister's left cheek.

 

"Hey!" Kai grinned, "I kissed her there, too! Indirect kiss!" He kissed Jiyoung's left cheek again, just to get a faint taste of Jae Hee's lips, and sighed in content as he stood back up.

 

"Weirdo." Jae Hee rolled her eyes at him but laughed as she punched his arm, and he laughed, too.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been having Writer's Block, lately. I've never had it before so I never really understood what other authors went through. Now, I know it's a real pain in the -______-

I'll probably only update every 2-5 days because I'm a lazy author I have school. It's not that bad, right? :P

DON'T FORGET! Subscribe! Comment! Blink. Breathe. Sleep. Eat. Help an old lady cross the street. I don't know. Do something productive with your life.

Okay. Yeah. Um. Uh. Oh, yeah. Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting/living! :)♥