Meet the In-Laws

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Ten

"You missed a spot."

 

"I know! I'm not blind!" Jae Hee rolled her eyes and angrily scrubbed the window.

 

"Ah! Jae Hee-yah!" Mrs. Kim smiled warmly at Jae Hee and Kai, who had entered the noodle shop.

 

Jae Hee had grown a bit homesick, despite how she had been home a few days ago, and had decided to go visit her family. Kai tagged along, despite all the injuries she gave him. They had gone to her parents' noodle shop located in Busan, her hometown.

 

"Who is this handsome fellow?" Mrs. Kim looked at Kai, who smiled back and bowed.

 

"Don't mind him! He's just a crazy stalker that's obsessed with me." Jae Hee snorted.

 

Kai's face fell. "Omonim, she's just kidding!" he laughed loudly and threw an arm around Jae Hee's neck, "I'm Kai, her fiancé."

 

Jae Hee threw his arm off her, but he put his arm around her waist, so she elbowed his stomach, but he tightened his grip.

 

"FIANCÉ?!" Mrs. Kim gasped and stumbled back, "Omo! Omo!" She flailed her arms excitedly. "Yeobo! Yeobo!" She ran into the kitchen as she called for her husband.

 

"MA!" Jae Hee's eyes widened in horror as she tried to run after her mother, "HE'S NOT MY FI-" Kai covered .

 

She kicked at him, but he caught her foot, but she continued to attempt to kick him and eventually lost her balance.

 

"Ah!" She and Kai both yelped as they fell onto the ground with a thud. Jae Hee pushed him off and sat up. "Owwwwww…." she pouted and rubbed the back of her head.

 

"JAE HEE HAS A FIANCÉ?!" Mr. Kim's scream could be heard all the way from inside the kitchen, followed by the loud clank of a pot that hit the ground.

 

Thank goodness the shop was not open yet. Otherwise, all the customers would have been scared away.

 

"PA! HE'S NOT MY FI-" Jae Hee screamed, but Kai covered again.

 

As soon as she had his hand, her parents ran out, shocked.

 

"Pa! Ma!" Jae Hee jumped up to her feet. "It's not true! He's not my fiancé!" She waved her hands desperately as she shook her head, "He's a crazy stalker!"

 

"He doesn't look crazy…" Mrs. Kim blinked. "He looks handsome."

 

Kai smiled, "Omonim, Abeoji! It's very nice to meet you two!" he bowed a bit and laughed, "I'm Kim Jongin, Jae Hee's fiancé, but you can call me Kai."

 

"HE'S NOT!" Jae Hee glared at him. Her parents gave her confused looks.

 

"Ah! Cupcake!" Kai laughed and pinched Jae Hee's cheek, "It's just that she's angry because she saw me with another girl," he nodded solemnly as he pouted.

 

"Ohhhhhh," they laughed and nodded, "Sweetie, that's no reason to call the engagment off!"

 

Mrs. Kim laughed again, "He's so handsome! How could you possibly let him go?" she cooed as she slapped Kai's cheek, which made his eye twitch in annoyance.

 

"He's not my fiancé!" Jae Hee slapped Kai's hand away. "Ma! Pa! You have to believe me! We need to get a restraining ord-"

 

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!" Kai burst into laughter, "Come on, baby!" He pinched her cheek. "Don't be angry~! I love youuuuu~~~!!!"

 

"Aw! That's so sweet," Mrs. Kim cooed again as she put her hands to her cheeks.

 

Jae Hee gaped at them. "He's lying! It's not sweet! It's crazy! He's crazy!"

 

"Crazy in love with you, pumpkin." Kai winked.

 

Mr. Kim laughed, "My! You have so many nicknames! Come! Let's go up to the house!" He patted Kai's back, and they both laughed loudly as they walked up the staircase to the second floor, which was their 'house.'

 

"N-NO!" Jae Hee's eyes widened in terror. "HE'S NOT MY FIANCÉ!" She quickly ran up the stairs. "HE'S NOT MY- Oh, geez."

 

"Oh! Unnie!" Jiyoung, her seven-year-old sister, gasped, "Oppa sho hot!" she giggled and patted Kai's hair.

 

Kai looked at Jae Hee and smirked. *How are you going to back out of this now, Kim Jae Hee?*

 

Jae Hee clenched her fists. *You're going after my family, now?! Kim Jongin, you dirty bastard!*

 

"I can't believe you never introduced us to him until now!" Mr. Kim shook his head.

 

"Abeoji, it's not her fault," Kai laughed, "She's just shy," he smirked as her face fell.

 

"Aigoo!" Mrs. Kim slapped his cheek again, and Kai smiled angrily.

 

"Ma! Pa!" Jae Hee hissed, "He's not-"

 

"-GOING TO EVER LET YOU GO, BABY!" Kai tackled her into a hug and whispered, "Look at how happy your family are."

 

Jae Hee looked at her parents and softened.

 

Mrs. Kim was so happy, so happy that she was actually crying. Well, it might have been because Jiyoung accidentally broke her favorite vase… but she was still crying so yeahhhhh... :)

 

"It's only going to be a month. I'll pay you," he whispered again, "Don't you want to buy your family a nicer house? I mean, look at this hole." He cringed.

 

A small place like this was enough to satisfy Jae Hee. She really didn't care or mind where she lived. It was only now she realized that she's only thought about herself. Sure she may not mind living in a crappy place like this, but what did her family think?

 

"…Twenty five million won?" Jae Hee suddenly bit her lip. Kai stared at her before he smiled, "And a nice, big house for your precious family."

 

……And this is how she ended up here.

 

"Uck! Umma! Look!" Min Hee gagged after she had swiped her finger along the staircase railing.

 

Mrs. Kim looked at her finger and gasped, "Yah! Kim Jae Hee! After your done with the windows, wipe the staircase!"

 

"W-What?!" Jae Hee's jaw dropped. "B-B-But…"

 

There were two staircases: one on the left and one on the right. They both spiraled up to the second story, and from the second story, they spiraled up to the third story. In other words… those were a lot of stairs…… O_o

 

"Do it." Mrs. Kim glared at her. "When we get back, there better not be a speck of dust on this staircase."

 

Min Hee snickered as she purposely kicked the bucket of soap water so that it spilled all over the floor.

 

Jae Hee gasped and clenched her jaw as she watched them walk away. *!* She grabbed all the rags they had, in order to wipe the water and clean the staircases.