Omelets

My Fake Fiancé's Brother

Chapter Eleven

"DONE!" Jae Hee cheered when she cleaned the very last step of the second staircase, "Finally!" she groaned and threw the dirty rags into a basket before she brought it into the laundry room.

 

*Where's Kai?* She scratched her head.

 

When she had woken up, he was already gone. Then, she was forced to make breakfast, sweep the kitchen, mop the kitchen, wipe every single window, and finally clean the staircase. Now that she had finally finished, the sun had already begun to set yet he wasn't here yet.

 

*Whatever.* She yawned and went into her bathroom, took a shower, changed into comfy t-shirt and pajama shorts, and went into their room.

 

"Oh, Kai." She blinked when she saw him take his jacket off.

 

He turned to her and blinked. "What?"

 

"Where were you?" She ruffled her wet hair with a small towel.

 

He looked her up and down before he smiled, "Nice legs."

 

"YAH!" she yelled before she clenched her jaw.

 

He laughed and hung his jacket on the rack, "I had classes this morning and went out with friends afterwards. What? Did you miss me?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"So much." She rolled her eyes and sat on the bed before she turned the TV on.

 

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear the sarcasm in that," he frowned at her before he smiled, "I missed you, too, cupcake."

 

"No need for the disgusting pet names." Jae Hee gagged at him.

 

He rolled his eyes. "Did you eat yet?"

 

"No," she mumbled grumpily.

 

He blinked at her. "Why not? It's way past dinner."

 

"I didn't want to eat with your crazy family, so I skipped out." She shrugged and turned the TV off when she couldn't find an interesting show.

 

"They're not crazy," Kai scoffed, offended.

 

Jae Hee gave him a look.

 

He sighed, "My mother may be a bit-" He stopped when he saw her too occupied with her phone to even listen. *Rude.* He made a face at her before he went into the bathroom and showered.

 

When he came back into the room, he was surprised to have found it empty. He went down into the kitchen to check if Jae Hee had gone to eat and saw her with Taemin.

 

"Are you sure you can do it?" Jae Hee laughed as she sat on the counter.

 

Taemin looked at her and scoffed, "Don't doubt my amazing skills, young one."

 

She made a face at him and watched as he flipped the omelet high in the air… but didn't catch it.

 

"Yeah… So what were you saying about 'amazing skills'?" Jae Hee laughed at how half the omelet had fallen onto his feet.

 

"Errr… It's just that you're pressuring me! I'm not used to people watching, okay?" Taemin pouted and kicked the hot omelet off his foot.

 

"Excuses," Jae Hee chortled as she grabbed a paper towel, and cleaned the broken half of the omelet up.

 

"I've done it before! Seriously!" Taemin laughed as he put the other half of the omelet, the half that had survived that brutal flip, onto a plate.

 

Jae Hee laughed as she took a fork and ate some.

 

"Good, right?" He grinned.

 

She made a face. "It's horrible." She reached for more, but he frowned and held the plate back, "If it's 'horrible,' why would you want more?"

 

"Because I'm hungry," she pouted and reached for the plate, but he smirked and held it in the air, "It's good, isn't it?"

 

She rolled her eyes and kicked his shin.

 

He yelped as he lowered his arm, and she snatched the plate away.

 

"Oh." She blinked when she saw Kai. "Standing there like a creep, I see?" she joked.

 

Kai cleared his throat and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "W-Was not…"

 

"Oh, Jongin!" Taemin beamed, "Want an omelet, too?"

 

"You could have that half." Jae Hee pointed to the one that she had cleaned up from the floor.

 

Kai made a face at her. "Ha ha ha." He opened the fridge and got out the bottle of orange juice as well as a glass cup.

 

"I'll make another," Taemin offered. Kai shook his head as he poured the orange juice.

 

"Thanks, Oppa~" Jae Hee handed Taemin the empty plate and ran off.

 

He gawked at her. "I have to wash the dishes, too?" he clucked his tongue and shook his head as he started to wash all the dishes.

 

"Thanks, Hyung." Kai handed him the empty glass of orange juice before he ran after Jae Hee.

 

Taemin pouted at the cup, "Have I become the dishwasher lady?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jae Hee was awoken by a strange tickle on her cheek. She brought her hand up and scratched her cheek before she rubbed her eyes and opened them. She blinked when she saw Kai.

 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON HERE?!" Jae Hee kicked him off the bed and sat up, the blanket protectively around her.

 

"The couch is uncomfortable…" Kai pouted as he stood up.

 

She glared at him. "Did we not talk about this already?! You slept on the bed last night, so I get the bed tonight! Now shoo shoo!" She stretched herself across the bed.

 

"Aw," Kai pouted, grabbed his pillow, and trudged back to the couch. *Aish. Whatever. I'll just wait until she falls asleep again.* He chuckled a bit.

 

"What?" She raised a brow at him.

 

He shook his head. "It's nothing."

 

"...Weirdo." She pulled the blanket over her head.