Maybe

Anything

Gerald stood up and cleared his throat, realising he had been too forward, he took the bowl of soup from the table and rushed past a confused Kim. She wondered if it was something she said or did, but she remembered he was just beginning to recover from a heavy break up, she decided to leave him be and checked on her drenched and slightly torn costumes.

"Tssk, ang malas ko talaga..."

Kim muttered to herself as she got on her knees and began inspecting the costumes that lay on the carpet beneath the heater, she continued to mutter and curse at herself, her fingers touching the torn and broken fabric as Gerald watched from behind, he watched how gracefully she moved, from one piece of fabric to the other, yet she did not seem panicked about the borrowed costumes. Gerald leaned against the wall as he watched Kim, she reminded him so much of his ex, her long hair, her slender figure... but their personalities were nothing but opposite, Kim seemed happy and bubbly all the time, despite late nights at a hospital and many patients that need to be treated, Kim's smile is evident at the beginning of the day just as much as the end, whilst his ex was stubborn, and not-so-sweet. Gerald felt bitter again, his whole house was full of her, but he didn't have the heart to take down the pictures, at least not yet. Kim glanced behind her to see Gerald staring blankly at her.

"Gerald?"

She said, eying him curiously. "Gerald?" she called again, this time standing up and walking towards him, only then did Gerald notice Kim.

"Oh what? Sorry, I was thinking of something..."

Kim smiled at him and Gerald shut his eyes, that smile drove him insane, Kim tapped his arm and frowned.

"Huy! may ginawa ba ako? galit ka ba sa akin? Sorry na, aalis nalang ako, sorry talaga for taking up your time..."

Kim walked back to the heater and gathered her costumes in her arms, she also went back into the bedroom to collect the clothes she had taken off, Gerald followed her wherever she walked.

"Hindi ako galit sa iyo, at bakit ka aalis? Saan ka pupunta? How will you get there? Wala kang kotse, at umuulan pa o."

Gerald said, pointing towards the window. Kim shook her head and grabbed her cell from her pocket, and then remembered it was flat.

"Hatid mo nalang ako sa kotse ko."

Gerald made a face and shook his head.

"Ayoko nga, dito ka nalang, bukas nalang natin ayusin yan, or mamaya nalang pag wala ng ulan."

Kim sighed and sat on the leather couch with her arms overflowing with torn costumes, Gerald sat beside her and picked up one of the costumes from her arms, he glanced at the damage and told her it would be easy to fix.

"Rest ka muna Kim, ako nalang bahala dyan sa mga costumes mo. Tulog ka muna, I'm sure your tired from running here."

Kim smiled and shook her head, but Gerald was right, she was exhausted, but she didn't want to leave Gerald to fix her costumes, she felt bad. Firstly, she already invaded his house, secondly, she is using his clothing, and now thirdly, his going to be fixing a problem that is much smaller than his own, this man was a wonder.

"Are you sure?"

Kim yawned and stretched her arms above her head, Gerald looked at her as he bit back a smile and another forward compliment, he then nodded and moved hiself and the costumes to the other couch so Kim could rest properly. He would of offered his bedroom or his mothers but he didn't want to make it awkward between the two of them. He grabbed his mother's sewing kit from her bedroom and glanced at the damages of the costumes, he could easily fix any rip or tear in the costumes so he decided to begin fixing them all, Gerald was obviously not gay, but he just knew certain skills, his mother taught him to sew, whilst his grandma taught him how to cook, and his grandpa and father always pushed him to do sport, and it was good he could do all three. Within 2 hours Gerald had already fixed the rips, altered the costumes, and made them look slightly better, he placed them under the heater again and then watched Kim sleep.

"Your exquisite..."

He whispered as his eyes were fixed on her beautiful, angelic face, he gently rubbed her shoulders as he could see her shivering, he made his way into the cabinet and grabbed a spare blanket, he brought it back to Kim and placed it over her body, as he tucked her in, she moved in her sleep, thinking she woke up, he tried moving his hand away from her but she seemed to have grabbed his hand when she moved, he sighed as he sat on the carpet and held her hand, he leaned his back against the bottom of the leather couch and continued to watch her, he sighed again trying to pull away from her, but he only discovered she held onto him tighter, maybe she was hiding something afterall.