Heartbreak

Anything

From now, its very awkward, and confusing, but you'll understand in the end. And the ages, I sorta mucked up already, err.. but dont pay attention to the age, ahaha pay attention to the storyline xD

-

GERALD's eyes blazed as he looked at Rick, his hands were by his sides in balls of fists. He glanced at the ground, not wanting to look at Rick any longer, only flashbacks of his ex played in his mind everytime he glanced at RIck's face. Rick smirked again and slyly smiled a grim smile as he made a smart remark.

"How's my sister?"

Gerald's eyes blazed again as he looked back up at Rick who was clucking his tongue on the roof of his mouth, looking very amused and satisfied at how he affected his sisters ex boyfriend. Gerald did not respond, he did not need to, but he felt the need to jump Rick right there and bash him to a pulp. Especially after the next remark he made.

"...Right, I forgot, she dumped you."

Gerald's blood pumped to a max, his fists tightening and resisting the need to hit Rick. Kim was confused, she could feel the tension between the two men, she could see that Gerald was infuriated with the way Rick was speaking with him, and she could read by Rick's cool and calm face that he was very much enjoying the pain he was afflicting on Gerald.

"Wait a second, did you say, sister? You might wanna explain to me before the both of you start a brawl."

Kim was curious, Rick said 'SISTER' right? She placed a calming hand on Gerald's arm, and his eyes closed. There she was. A small smile crept onto his face as he took hold of the hand that was holding his arm. Though he heard the next remark, the pressure of Kim's hand on his shoulder could not make him upset, the fact that she was there beside him, already meant alot.

"Oh, I see you've moved on Gerald, I wouldn't mind telling my sister that, not that she could care any less about you."

Rick took a sip of his beer as he enjoyed the view of getting Gerald angry, he glanced at an irritated Kim and could tell by the hand on Gerald's arm that she felt something for Gerald.

"Kim, my dear Kim. How could you stoop so low to fall for someone so beneath you?"

Kim scoffed, her eyes narrowing towards Rick, she could feel Gerald's muscle tense, and she squeezed his arm for assurance that she was not affected by the weak words of Rick, she retorted back with much force in her voice.

"I could easily throw you out right here, right now, I suggest you start explaining."

Rick smirked, he neared Kim, and she winced smelling the alcohol on his breath.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me!"

Her lips twitched upwards into a smirk, and she took Gerald's hand in hers and followed Rick to the couch loacted in the lounge. Rick smirked as he watched their hands intertwine and as he watched Gerald place a hand on her waist as they sat diagonal him on the L shaped couch. He took a large sip of beer, leaned his back against the rest and began to explain.

"My sister left her family to live with him. He ruined our life Kim. We were a happy family, then she met Gerald, she changed because of him. We hardly saw her, we hardly heard from her."

Only now did Gerald aggressively speak, he stood up, heavily emphasising every word he said, Kim's hand still tightly held onto his.

"She wanted to get away from your good for nothing family, alright! You were 16 at that time and you knocked up a 14 year old from your school! She wanted to get away from your problematic lives and sort out her own! I didn't blame her for wanting to get away from your family because you didn't deserve her in your lives, she was far different from the rest of you's! She was better off alone with me, she was mine!"

Kim's eyes grew glassy eyed as she heard Gerald talk about his ex, was she jealous? She didn't know, all she knew was that it hurt. Rick's eyes were amused as he watched Kim, he could see a range of different emotions, sadness, curiosity, ...jealousy. Rick spoke, ignoring Gerald's harsh comments on his family.

"Uh-oh Gerald. I would watch it. You already lost my sister, do you really wanna lose Kim?"

Gerald spoke without thinking, his anger getting the better of him.

"What does that have to do with our issue Rick?! Me and Kim are not together! You want her, have her!"

He let go of her hand and slammed the door on the way out, leaving Kim teary eyed as she heard his wheels screech away.

Rick observed the motionless Kim on the couch, her head bent low, and her hands in her lap, he sneered and took a big load of beer from his bottle.

"Wag ka ng umasa Kimmy, your not his type..."

"Me and Kim are not together!" was what echoed through her head, her body shook as more tears fell and as he cries grew louder as his words echoed. "You want her! Have her!" He was giving her away, he didn't care. His ex was the only thing he cared about, and now she knew to stay away from him.

-

It was Monday and Kim had peformed the day before, she failed hoplessly with Gerald's words echoing in her head, the director made her understudy take over her role and she stood by the sidelines, completely oblivious to the people around her. She had recieved a countless amount of calls, and messages, all from the person she wanted to see least at the moment. Eversince that night he said those hurtful words, she couldn't bring herself to talk to him anymore, she had fallen for him, she had fallen for him much to hard. She knew Gerald was dying to talk to her, Jane the woman at the receptionist in the hospital continuously called Kim for an anonymous caller, Kim would answer and only come to the point where she would hang up as soon as he said her name, he would use fake names to pretend he needed an appointment just to get to Kim, but she would ignore every one of his calls.

Gerald was soon getting depressed, he was back to his emotional self, he never left the house, he never spoke to anyone, he wanted Kim, he needed Kim. He was growing more and more haggard every day, his skin turning pale, the colour fading from his cheeks, his mother was worried yet again, and she too no longer smiled, she wanted to get angry at Kim, but couldn't, she knew she couldn't, she had grown attached to Kim, she had gotten used to seeing Kim around the house, she knew there was a rift between Gerald and Kim, but she had no idea how to fix it. That afternoon, Mrs. Anderson decided to call Kim, surprisingly Kim took the call and was very open to her, she explained what was going on, that she was hurt by what he said, she explained who Rick was and explained Gerald's encounter with him, the last few nights before, she explained that she was going to avoid Gerald, that she wasn't going to speak to him, or see him anymore, Mrs Anderson told Kim about Gerald's condition but she didn't back down from her plan to stay away from him.

That evening, Kim arrived at home late, she had gone out after work, a bar to be exact, which was very very rare for her. She had red puffy eyes, pale white skin, and a smile that looked so transparent that you could see everything she was really feeling.
 
-

Gerald was harming himself in every way possible, physically and emotionally, he had Kim, as a therapist, as a companion, and as a friend for approximately 3 weeks, and had lost her in less than a minute, he didn't know what he did wrong, he was just pushed out of her life, with no warning whatsoever.

Gerald sat on his bed, one knee raised and his arm around it, his face buried into his knee, he sat on the bed motionless, pale as a ghost.

"Ge, you love her... you wouldn't be this way if you didn't. You were like this with your ex girlfriend of more than 2 years, and now your feeling this way for a woman you have known for only three weeks, Ge, she's someone special, don't let that go."

"I tried, and I know if I keep trying I'm just going to fail, I'm a failure."

Mrs. Anderson held her son in her arms, something she hadn't done in a very long while. A tear streamed down her cheek as she spoke in weak whispers.

"You don't fail Ge, she loves you, believe me she loves you too, don't give up RJ, don't harm yourself, don't deprive yourself, your looking more and more sick and it's not good for you--"

"and so what? It's not like she's going to come after me and help me anymore.. Ma, in the three weeks I knew her, everything looked like it was going good, then after that night I saw Rick, we just lost it, I don't know what I did, I don't know what I said... Ma I want to see her, I need to speak to her..."

"Now RJ, pick yourself back up and look back to the night you spoke to Rick, did you say anything wrong to offend Kim? to hurt her?"

Mrs. Anderson looked at her son and could see he knew his wrong doing, she stood back up and wiped away the fresh tears from her face.

"Fix it"