A Change

Anything

They had played with fire, and they had both gotten burnt in the end.

The next morning was quiet, Gerald's mom had left early, leaving a note on the bench to say so. Kim awoke first, her eyes swollen, and puffy from the amount of crying she had done the night before, she went into the bathroom to wash her face and see how she looked. She hated her life. The only attractive man in her life and he had to be a patient. If they had met under different circumstances maybe things would be different. Kim closed her eyes remembering what had occurred the night before, she could remember the want she felt in her aching body, in which she could still feel until now. Her tears fell, and a huge amount of regret seeped into her body. She regretted meeting Gerald Anderson, and regretted falling for him. Turning on the tap, she washed her face several times until the colour faded from her cheeks and until her tear stains had disappeared.

He could hear the tap running, he hadn't closed his eyes the whole night, his mind was on what happened the night before. He knew he should of stopped, yet the thril he felt when he was with Kim felt so fulfilling. He groaned, he could hear her cries, and his eyes closed, he was the cause of her crying, she wanted to didn't she? He wanted it too, he was one hundred percent sure of it. But he knew it would of been wrong to take advantage of what they had, he sat up, rubbing his face with his hands. When she touched him, every muscle in his body ached, every muscle in his body yearned to be with her, he thought, did they stop what could of been? he thought, did they stop something good from happening? He shook his head and stood up, throwing on the first t-shirt he could find, he then dressed into his jeans and opened the door, and went into the bathroom, where Kim was still standing, clueless that Gerald was behind her, and staring at her. He neared himself to her and took hold of her arm, he was going to make her forget the problems occurring and he was going to make sure she knew that he would be by her side, every step of the way.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was naturally concerned, and his face showed the same expression. He looked into her eyes, seeing everything she was feeling, he felt her want, he felt her need, and he felt the regret that she felt.

"About lastnight..--"

Kim cut him off and shrugged his hand off her, tears threatened to fall again, and anguish was beginning to show.

"Gerald there is nothing to talk about! Because nothing happened lastnight, okay!?"

She walked out of the bathroom and into the room that held so many memories, of Gerald and his ex, and now her and Gerald. She changed her clothes and fixed rhe bed, she sighed as she sat on the edge of the bed and glanced around the room. Who was she kidding, Gerald and her were not meant to be lovers, they were not meant to be friends, just two people in a work related relationship, she was helping him get over his ex, and she did not want to keep going the same way she had gone the night before. She stood up and walked into the kitchen to see Gerald making coffee. Their eyes did not meet, nor did they dare their eyes to meet. After a while, Gerald was already seated opposite Kim and nothing was being exchanged, the silence was killing them both, and they both knew it.

"I'm sorry for before, I didn't mean to lose my temper.."

She couldn't resist him, he was too charming, too desirable, too... everything, for her.

"Hey, don't worry about it..."

He took the hand in front of him, and he felt the rush in his veins. He placed a kiss on her knuckle and looked at her in a different way than any of the other days before. Kim looked at his lips that were still on her hands, she looked at him curiously and confusedly, he lifted his head and smiled at her reaction, he rubbed the hand he was holding, with his other hand and was amused at her reaction.

"What?"

He asked with an amused tone in his voice, Kim bit her lip and pulled her hand away from Gerald, she cleared and looked away from him.

"Uhm... we should go, I still have to run a few errands at the hospital..."

She stood up without looking at Gerald and then grabbed her bag as she walked past Gerald and out the door. Gerald laughed inwardly as he grabbed the car keys lying on the bench, as he walked out of the house, he locked the house door. He made his way to the car and opened Kim's side and waited for her to get in, he then rushed to his own side and started the engine. His smile not disappearing from his face.

They were already halfway to her car until Kim realised she had forgotten her costumes. She forgot her silent mode and exclaimed.

"Crap! I forgot the costumes! Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

She gently hit herself with her hand and Gerald grabbed her hand, he clasped it in his and said with a gentle voice.

"Tssk, ano ka ba? Don't hit yourself! I'll just go back for them and then drop them off at your house, text mo nalang sa akin yung address mo."

Kim creased her brows together and pulled her hand away from him once again, she then sighed as Gerald continued to drive.

"Wag na, babalik nalang ako sa bahay mo, kukunin ko yung mga costumes after work."

Gerald stayed silent and continued to drive. He drove Kim to her car and went into the boot, he grabbed the pliers and then parked his car, head on with Kim's. Kim went into her car and watched what Gerald was doing. He opened both of their hoods and wired their cars together to start Kim's car. He instructed Kim to start her engine and Ge continued to put their wires together to make her car start, when it finally started he smiled at Kim and went to her car, she rolled down her window and looked up at Gerald.

"Salamat Ge."

Gerald smiled and lowered himself to her window height, he leaned his arm on her window and moved his face closer to hers. She could feel his breath on her skin, his scent filled her nose, such a manly smell.

"What time do you finish work?"

Kim glanced at her watch and looked at Gerald curiously, forgetting that she was trying to avoid him.

"8:30, bakit?"

He smiled the smile that made her crazy and then he his lips. Making her eyes move away from his face and down to her lap.

"Nothing, just something in mind..."