It was enough.

Anything

"Goodnight Kim..."

It was 8:30 pm and dinner had been served an hour ago, the dinner was quiet as Kim and Gerald were the only ones seated at the table this evening, since Mrs Anderson did not really feel at all that famished. Gerald had cleared the dishes alone, even though Kim offered a countless amount of times to help, he was set to wash the plates alone which let him ponder his thoughts. He thought of his unusual day, before Kim had come in from the pouring rain, and before he was lying down in his bed, something had happened, he had recieved a letter from someone, he didn't know who, he didn't know the address since there was none written, just his, he thought it could have been sent to the wrong person since there was no one he knew that would send him a letter with no return address. At that moment, he thought of Kim, and how beautiful she was when she slept... it startled him when he thought about what he had witnessed whilst Kim was sleeping, he remembered the tears that stained her cheeks, the way her body had responded to whatever was on her mind at that time, it was driving him insane, he wanted to know what she was hiding, he chose to stop thinking for a while and sort them out the following day. Once he had finished washing, rinsing and drying the dishes, he returned to the lounge to say goodnight to Kim, though he was not tired at all.

Kim turned around from the couch where she was all set up to sleep, 3 pillows, and two blankets laid neatly on the couch. Gerald had to forget about their incident earlier and laugh at how everything had been set up perfectly. His laugh calmed Kim down which also made her stop thiking about their incident.

"What's so funny?"

She smiled, though slightly irritated at how fast he made her forget just by his laugh. She watched him shake his head, and walk towards her.

"Kimmy, dun ka matutulog o, sa spare kwarto."

Kim glanced at the door Gerald was pointing to, it was the room she had dressed in earlier that day. She shook her head politely and sat on the couch which was perfectly set up for her to sleep.

"Naku, hindi! Wag na Ge, okay na to."

Gerald gave her a y smile, a smile she had never seen any man smile before, he made smiling look so suave and desirable. She swallowed the lump in and felt thirsty all of a sudden.

"Wag ka ng magkulit, halika na, may kwarto na nga o, ayaw mo pa."

Without thinking he had offered his ex's bedroom, he couldn't take it back anymore. He gently took Kim by the arm as he carried the pillows and blankets in his other arm. He opened the door and gently let her go, he followed her in and placed the pillows and blankets on the bed. He closed his eyes, it had been a while since he stepped foot into the certain room, memories came rushing back to him, flashbacks of him and his ex, talking and laughing as they lay in the bed, their hands intertwined and their eyes shining with love, Gerald opened his eyes and cleared his throat, a tear slid down his cheek as he looked away from Kim.

"Ge... okay ka lang?"

Kim had walked towards him, her comforting hand on his forearm, she rubbed it gently and tried to read Gerald's face, tried to feel what he was feeling. After a while, he finally looked at Kim and Kim gave him a sad smile, she wiped away the last tear from his eyes and let her other hand, take his.

"Ge, it's okay... nandito naman ako eh.."

This made Gerald smile, he held the hand that caressed his forearm and gently returned the gesture by rubbing his thumb over her hand.

"Thank you talaga Kim sa lahat, eversince you started treating me, I'm in the best shape I have ever been since the break up, salamat talaga."

Kim could only smile her sweet smile, which made Gerald's insides squirm one thousand times and over again.

"So, about this room... you wanna talk about it?"

Kim offered in a gentle voice, but did not probe, he gave a gentle smile and nodded, she smiled back and sat on the bed, patting the other side to make Gerald sit down beside her.

"Me and her were live-in... I don't really believe in live-in relationships and still don't, but it happened. I can't remember when exactly, but all I remember was she was running away from her family, something about too many problems occurring at once. She found out her brother had got someone pregnant, and he was only 16 at that time, her parents also happened to disapprove of me, and they were having financial problems, so I guess she wanted to get away from it all, so I offered this room for as long as she needed it, but that amount of time turned into years, and at that time, it was only me and her in this home, my mother and brother were in the US, and my dad was somewhere I couldn't contact him. We acted like a married couple I guess, and the only thing that was missing was the ring and the wedding vows, so I gave it a shot. I thought, we had gone well, might as well go the next step, and that step was apparently the wrong one, I asked her on our anniversary and she refused it, ofcourse it hurt, it hurt alot, but I persisted. I continued loving her, showering her with gifts, everything, and it just wasn't enough."

Kim was staring intently at the man before her, he was so sensitive, a man so manly and so attractive was also soft, and fragile. She caught his gaze and held it, without thinking, she neared herself to him and caressed his face with her hand, she moved her face closer to his until their noses were grazing one another, she could feel his breath, and taste his lips, she murmured..

"It was enough."

and he snapped.

Their lips touched softly, passionately, desperately. Their eyes were closed, their hands trembling as they held eachother close, his fingers in her hair, and her hand at his cheek. She felt every part of her body awaken, his touch made her quiver, and hers made him hungry and needy. Their breathing grew heavy and their hands had found new places that needed to be discovered. She let out a foreign sound, a sound she did not know she was capable of making. His hands were at her waist, he pulled her close to him, and pulled her onto his lap, she let her hands explore the broad shoulders that lay beneath his polo shirt, she ed the front of his polo and pushed it off his shoulders, her hands now feeling the muscle at his shoulders, his tongue slipped through her lips and she let out a sigh, a groan escaped from Gerald and it made Kim aware of what was going on, her eyes widened as she pulled away from him.

"Wait!"

She yelled, she stopped him and he realised that he had lost control, he pulled away and stood up, took one glance at Kim, and saw a tear had escaped her eye, he closed his eyes, disgusted at himself, he uttered the word "Sorry" very roughly as he left the room with a slam of the door. Leaving Kim to cradle herself as tears rushed down her cheeks.