Darkness

Anything

"Kim, it stopped raining."

Gerald sat on the window ledge watching the weather outside, the skies were grey and it was slowly getting darker, but the rain had stopped. Both his eyes were out the window, desperately trying to keep his eyes off the woman seated on the leather couch beside him.

"Oo nga, pero we're not sure that it has stopped raining completely, it could easily start again."

Gerald bit back a groan, he should just pretend that his better and just get another therapist to help. Kim was too,,, perfect, at every angle she was beautiful, how could someone NOT fall in love with her?

"Right..."

Gerald looked at Kim who was watching him, she smiled and he turned the other way, he was about to burst. He cleared his throat and stood up.

"As soon as the weather is clear I'm taking you to your car."

"and then what? The tank is empty, silly. What am I going to do with an empty tank?"

Gerald finally let that hanging groan out. She was right, he would have to help her push it to the nearest gas station... IN THE MORNING. Before the morning, there is the night, and Kim spending the night is not his idea of a relaxing evening. He rubbed his face with his hands and let out an exasperated breath.

"Fine. In the morning we'll go to your car and I'll help you push it to the nearest station, clear?"

Kim frowned, he didn't seem to fond of the idea.

"Sorry talaga Ge ha, you were the first person that came to mind, I didn't mean to barge in like this...I'll just take a taxi home, salamat ha.."

She stood up and was about to grab the costumes lying beneath the heater, Gerald thought about what she had said "..you were the first person that came to mind.." and he knew that was more than enough.

"No, it's okay... sensya na, pagod lang ako..."

Kim worriedly looked at him and frowned.

"Are you sure?

Gerald smiled.

"Tssk, oo na. Ikaw naman o."

They looked at eachother for a brief moment.

Then he looked away, scared she would see through him, and see the sadness in his eyes. He remembered his ex again, the way she looked at him, the way she used to smile at him and hold him. Kim could feel his sudden change in mood.

"O Ge, okay ka lang?"

She could see past his eyes, darkness had filled them and she could see an inferno burning in his eyes, he was clearly upset, and it was like she had just seen everything he had been through, she could see all the times he had tried to commit suicide, the times he had harmed hiself, the times where he was alone, and scared. She had no idea that such a man could be so fragile, she felt her body shiver and tears began threatening to fall beneath her lids, she quickly looked away and took in a breath.

"Oh Ge.."

Gerald knew that Kim had just been where he used to be, the hell he had lived. She was there, with him. Reliving it, just by his eyes. Tears burned his eyes and tears blurred his vision, but he could only see one thing, clear as day to him, and it was the most beautiful thing, the most exquisite thing. Kim.

"I don't know whether to look back and laugh or cry about it, laugh because there is nothing else I can do to stop feeling so useless and cry because I was so stupid to fall for someone like her; during that time, I DID feel the love, even if it was just a bit, I know I felt it from her, and I know it wasn't just the physical stuff, it felt real... and I can't help but to feel so angry at myself, and at her. I'm upset because I should of tried so much harder to make it work."

She rubbed his arm and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"No Ge, she should of done the same. From what I am hearing, you did all you could, it was her that didn't want to make it work, and that's her loss. I know there are so many other women out there that would be so lucky to have you."

Gerald closed his eyes, leaning his lips against her hair, the feel of her against him had never felt so fulfilling before. Kim could feel his lips, she could feel his arms around her waist, but she didn't stop whatever was happening, it felt too good to stop. He let her head lean against his firm chest, whilst his arm was holding her close, his fingers running through her beautiful black locks.

"Thank you..."

He quietly whispered, his eyes closed, and his chest rising and falling against her head.

"Anak!"

They sprung apart, his mother walked in and saw Kim, she gave her a smile and looked out the window again.

"O Kim, kamusta? Wala yung kotse mo sa labas ah..."

Kim cleared and stood up, she greeted Gerald's mom and kissed her on the cheek, her face feeling warm as she felt Gerald's gaze on her.

"Ah, medyo mahaba yung storya, pero in short, my car ran out of gas and it had already started raining, kaya tumakbo nalang ako dito..."

Mrs. Anderson's eyes widened.

"Tumakbo ka? sa ulan?! Hala kang bata ka, mabuti at walang ngyari sa iyo! Okay ka lang ba?"

Gerald cut in, he cleared his throat and explained very briefly what was going to be happening. Gerald's mom nodded, understanding what was going to happen and smiled at Kim.

"Oh, so matutulog ka dito? Welcome ka naman dito anytime ah."

Gerald glanced at his mom.

"Sige na ma, mag pahinga ka muna, mag palit ka na rin at baka magkasakit ka pa."

He kissed his mother on the cheek and watched her walk upstairs, then it was Kim and Gerald again, just the two of them. A silence hung between them both, the silence dared for them to look at one another but they knew it was best to do otherwise. Gerald cleared his throat before telling Kim he would start on dinner then abruptly left the room, leaving Kim to think about what they were doing before Mrs. Anderson had walked in.