Feeling Insecure

Anything

Kim smiled up at Gerald and placed a kiss at the end of his chin. She stood up and pulled Gerald up with her to go into the kitchen and eat some lunch. Kim sat beside Gerald with a smile on her face as he lifted her legs and laid them on his lap, he caressed her legs as they talked, laughed and fed eachother. Kim stared at the man talking away in front of her, she observed his masculine jaw, his broad lips, and his strong expressive chocolate brown eyes, he stopped in mid-sentence and noticed she was somewhere else, her smile was huge and her eyes were twinkling.

"Huy!"

Gerald teasingly laughed, as he rubbed his hands over her lower legs, Kim shook her head as she finally got back to her senses and then she slowly grinned at Gerald again, he bent his head to observe her face, his hands still at her legs.

"Sorry, I was just thinking..."

Gerald leaned over to her and pressed a light kiss to her lips, she responded by kissing him back with a feather like kiss, he pulled away and then leaned back in his chair again as he gazed at her.

"We both seem to be thinking alot lately..."

Kim threw her head back and gave a flimsy laugh, she took his hands and kissed them.

"I assure you I'm thinking of you."

He raised his brows and squeezed her hands between his own. They talked for a little more and then decided to visit Gerald's mom at his house. Kim showered first as Gerald cleared the kitchen, as she showered Kim ran her fingers through her hair as she closed her eyes. She smiled remembering the way Gerald's lips felt on hers, the way she felt with Gerald's hands caressing her, she laughed as she remembered what had encountered that morning, their childish acts of running around the flat, she couldn't of spent her Wednesday any other way.

Gerald showered and wore the clothes he had worn just moments before he had made love to Kim, his smile never fading, they left the flat hand in hand and made their way to Gerald's house, before he had left, his mother was still in bed, he had left early to avoid any questions of why he was leaving to go somewhere at such an early time, they arrived at his home in a loud and laughing matter, his arms around Kim's slender waist and their smiles bright and big.

"Ge naman!"

Kim's laugh echoed through the house making Gerald's mother rush to the door.

"Ay! Kayo pala...bakit...-"

She stopped in mid sentence and observed their position, his arms were around her waists as he stood behind her, and their hands were intertwined in the most intimate way possible, Kim and Gerald looked at one another and smiled.

"KAYO NA!?"

Kim and Gerald erupted into laughter as his mother wrapped her arms around the two with the biggest smile on her face, she pulled away and jumped at the thought.

"Ay! may celebration pala tayo, magluluto ako ng mga specialties ko! Stay kayo dito for dinner ha! wait lang!"

And she disappeared into the kitchen, Kim smiled at Gerald and leaned her face into his chest.

"Nakakahiya naman sa mommy mo."

Gerald smiled and kept his arms around her hips, he placed a kiss at the top of her head and lead her to the lounge room, they sat beside eachother and and glanced around the room, Rachel's photos were everywhere, it suddenly made Kim feel a little self-conscious, he noticed she had gone serious and had lost her happy look, he glanced where her eyes were looking, and knew that she was feeling a little "insecure", he sighed and held Kim's hands.

"Look, I know how your feeling right now, I can see it. We seriously need to talk about what's in store for us, what's going to happen to us Kim? I know what I want, but I want to make sure you want it too."

She gave him a small smile and squeezed his hands.

"I made love to you Gerald, wasn't that enough of an answer?"

He smiled and kissed each of her hands. She bit her lip and wiped away the tear that seemed to have slipped beneath her eyelids, he pulled her close and wiped away the single tear.

"Why are you crying?"

She shook her head and sniffed away the next tear that she knew was going to follow, she buried her face into his neck as he pulled her closer.

"Your so much more than I deserve."

He gave a humble shake of his head and kissed her forehead.

"No baby, I believe it's the other way around, your much to perfect for me, and I have no plan to ever let you go, but you on the other hand could do so much better than me."

She stayed silent in his arms and felt guilty for keeping in the fact she knew about Rachel getting married, she needed to tell him.

"Ge, you need to know something..."