Could I?

Anything

GERALD.

Kim, Gerald and Mrs. Anderson enjoyed their dinner that evening, laughter and talk was exchanged between the three. That evening after they had finished eating, Kim  thanked Mrs. Anderson and thanked Gerald and as she walked to the door, Gerald followed and opened the front door for her.

"Inggat ka ha."

Was Gerald's sincere and gentle goodbye, Kim smiled and thanked Gerald once again as she left the house and backed away from the drive way. Gerald watched as her headlights disappeared from his driveway and into the darkness, he then shut the front door and returned to the dining room where his mother was cleaning up.

"O, umalis na si Kim?"

Gerald nodded and helped his mother clear the table, he stayed quiet the whole time and his mother eyed him.

"mm, tahimik ka nanaman, may problema ba anak?"

His mother placed the dishes back down on the table and looked at her son concerned, Gerald let out a dry laugh and shook his head.

"Hindi naman ma, pagod lang.."

Mrs. Anderson nodded and took the plates from his hands.

"Pagod ka na pala eh, akin na yan, mag pahinga ka na."

Gerald was about to go against her request but she had already kissed his forehead and turned towards the kitchen. Gerald left the kitchen and walked into the hallway. he was about to climb up the stairs until he glanced back at the lounge and saw a denim jacket. Kim, he thought. He grabbed the denim jacket from the leather couch and brought it with him into his room. Her scent clearly lingered on the maong jacket, and he could smell her, every step he took as it swung by his side.

As soon as he reached his room, he placed it on the edge of his bed and went into his closet to grab a hoodie, as he grabbed it a piece of jewellery fell to the ground. he mindlessly picked it up, and glanced at it, the memories flooding back to him. It was his ex's necklace, he closed his eyes not wanting to remember but having trouble avoiding it, he took a deep breath and couldn't bring himself to look at it again... he clenched it in his fist and disposed of it in the bin close to his closet, his eyes angry and confused, he remembered giving her that necklace, then he remebered her giving it back, saying she didn't want it, that nothing would fix their problem, no matter what he gave her. He angrily slammed the closet door and then glanced at the denim jacket lying on his bed.

"Kim.."

He groaned, slightly disturbed at the tone of his voice. He sat on his bed, glancing at the bin and the jacket, the bin and the jacket, over and over again.

-

KIM.

Kim returned home with a smile on her face, a smile that Rick did not like, a smile he didn't like seeing unless he was the reason.

"You better be smiling because of me..."

He threateningly said as he sat on the couch, Kim rolled her eyes.

"Your a heavy drinker aren't you?"

Kim approached him and she smelt the strong scent of alcohol, she closed her eyes at the smell of it and then glanced at the seven bottles on the glass table. She took the eighth bottle from his hands and placed it in the bin, she then took the rest of the bottles from the table and sighed, slightly irritated as she chucked them in the bin, Rick smirked and stood up, wobbling from side to side, Kim rushed towards him and placed his arm over her shoulders.

"Next time don't drink so much!"

"S-h-Shay Yessh to me."

He slurred. Kim groaned disgusted at how intoxicated he was with alcohol. She led him towards his bed and lay him down.

"Rick, I'm telling you this because I don't want to lead you on any longer, were not together okay? I don't see you as anything more than a friend, hopefully when your sober you will understand."

Kim sighed frustratingly as he slurred inappropriate words and finally fell asleep, she went into her own room and locked her door, ready to write in her diary.

-

KIMERALD.

It had been three days since Kim and Gerald last saw eachother, Kim was busy at the hospital and Gerald was still trying to recover from the flashbacks he had got from finding the necklace, it just so happened Kim had a free day so she decided to pass by the theatre she performed at and grab her costumes, her script and the two free tickets the theatre had given her, she hurriedly arrived at the theatre and remembered that Gerald promised he would come, Kim smiled at the thought and quickly left for Gerald's house.

It was Wednesday and the show was moved to the upcoming Sunday, she didn't have time to collect her costume and script earlier because she was to busy with work. Kim groaned and hit the steering wheel in frustration, she was stuck in traffic and it was beginning to rain, she silently cursed and closed her eyes as she rested her forehead on the steering wheel, waiting for the traffic jam to move. When the traffic jam had finally started moving, it began to rain fairly hard, Kim was almost at Gerald's house, then... she heard series of 'beeps' and then panicked upon seeing she had run out of gas, she used whatever was left to park it to the side and then checked her phone, no reception, and it was flat, she groaned again and then gathered her things, she ran.

Gerald lay in his bed, watching the rain through his window, he was about to fall asleep until he heard a knock at his door, not just one knock, but a series of knocks, his mother was not home, and he was home alone. Gerald got off his bed and went downstairs to see who was so desperate to get into his house.

"WAIT!"

He yelled as he got to the bottom of the staircase. He lazily walked to the door and opened the door to a very drenched, wet and shivering Kim, because the rain was stronger than her voice, she had to yell.

"FINALLY! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I KNOCKED!"

"Oh gosh! Sorry Kim!"

He let her in and glanced at his driveway, her car was not there, no wonder why she was soaked. He shut the door and quickly ran upstairs to get her a towel, he the heater and made her some soup, he sat beside her and gave the bowl of soup to her.

"Bakit ka nandito? At nasaan ang kotse mo?"

Kim thanked Gerald for the soup and told him the whole story.

"So... that pile of wet clothing over there is supposed to be your costume?"

Kim meekly nodded and Gerald stood up to grab the pile of clothing and place it somewhere it could dry easily. Gerald could see Kim shivering and her teeth chattering, he went upstairs and grabbed a jumper that looked like it would be knee length on Kim, he returned downstairs and offered it to her.

"O, eto... You'll get sick if you don't change."

Kim smiled as she took the jumper from his hands, and said a gentle 'thank you', Gerald returned the smile as he sat beside her.

"...and who's going to look after the patients if the doctor is sick hmm?"

Gerald said as he gently brushed her cheek with his thumb, Kim smiled and stood up to dress, he showed her a room and then waited for her in the lounge. Kim returned in a short amount of time and Gerald's breath was caught in his throat, her long white slender legs were very much visible beneath the dark blue jumper she wore, the sleeves were folded multiple times and were now resting above her elbow, her hair was still very much saturated in rain, but nonetheless she looked effortlessly beautiful, Gerald was amazed, she didn't even look like she had ran in the rain, she looked like she had just come out of the shower.

"I don't look that bad do I?"

Kim worriedly asked, Gerald laughed and shook his head, she looked adorable in his clothes, and that is exactly what he said.

"You look adorable."

Kim blushed and bit her lip in embarassment, could she really LIKE him after only a few days?