Successes and Losses

Anything

Kim Chiu was one of the most successful doctors in the world; she breathed and lived a perfect life.  She worked in many places around the globe, but worked the most where she knew was home; the Philippines.  Kim had lived in the Philippines for her entire life, her ethnicity of being half Chinese and half Filipino really reflected on her intelligence. She graduated with honors and focused on school and work, hardly having any time for “gimmicks” or dates, and that is how she got to where she was now, she lived a perfect life with a perfect job and a loving family, everything was in place.

 

“Dr. Chiu, are you ready for your next patient?”

 

Kim smiled cheerily at the receptionist and nodded.

 

“Always”

 

The receptionist smiled and took the slightly middle aged man to Kim’s room.  Kim attended to him as soon as he walked through the door.

 

“Thank you Jane”

 

Kim smiled at the receptionist again and sat her patient down.

 

“Mr. Rodriguez, how lovely to see you again, how can I help you?”

 

 ‘

 

“Ge, you need help…”

 

Gerald Anderson, such a good looking man gone to waste. He was in America living with his girlfriend at that time, they were happy and very much in love. He loved her for four years, he proposed to her; she said no, pretty much the ending of a wasted love story, she left him for no valid reason in particular, and after that he was a complete mess, he would not eat, he would not sleep, and at the times he did sleep, he would no longer wake until the next few days, completely clueless of the time or date, he had taken many medicines that had no effect, he had seen specialists that gave up in the end as they could not solve his emotional, and physical problems.

 

“…I don’t need help… I don’t have a problem…”

 

He attempted many times to commit suicide, to end his life because of that one girl that had actually heard everything that happened to Gerald, but could not care less about his well being. His friends and family were in desperate need of help to get Gerald out of his misery, but nothing seemed to work.

 

“Please Gerald, let us help you…”

 

His parents would plead, and he would simply ignore as he glanced at the many picture frames around the room, all of them containing pictures of her and him.

 

“Just leave me, the way she did, give up on me, let me do this on my own…”

 

His world revolved around her, he wanted to grow old with her, he wanted to have children with her, but she obviously did not want anything to do with him.