I Want You

Anything

Wednesday was Kim's day off, she chose to stay home whilst Rick decided to take Wednesday till Sunday away from home to attend an important family event in America, where his family now lived. Kim lay on the couch, eyes red and puffy, feeling sick, and dizzy, with a book laying flat on her stomach. She sat up curiously as she watched Rick put on his coat.

"Where are you going?"

Rick glanced back at Kim from the mirror placed near the entrance of their shared unit, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"My sister is remarrying."

Kim was alarmed, Rick's sister meaning Gerald's ex... she stood up and walked towards Rick.

"You mean.... Gerald's ex.... is remarrying? She was married before? For how long? Why did she leave him?"

Rick scoffed and threw his head back, he turned to Kim and rolled his eyes.

"Please Kim, don't tell me you expected my sister to go back to Gerald."

Kim threw her hands up in the air, obviously angry about it all, her eyes were fuming mad and she no longer felt sick.

"Ofcourse I didn't! But what the hell do these men have, that Gerald doesen't have!? Does she even know that he is under a serious condition because of her!? She's so oblivious! Do you know how many times he tried to commit suicide over your damn sister!?"

"Do you think I give a damn!? Look, you don't even know my sister, so don't you dare talk about her like that! Whatever happened between me, Gerald and my sister Rachel was our problem! Labas ka na sa problema! Wag ka ng makialam! Why are you so attached to Gerald anyway!? What the hell is he to you!?"

"His my patient!"

Kim yelled with force in her voice, she couldn't give a damn about Rachel getting married, all she cared about was how Gerald would feel once he found out.

"YOUR patient. Posessive I see. But is he JUST a patient?"

Rick circled her intimidatingly, his eyes pierced her with his strong gaze, he made her quiver with his strong eyes. He studied her, and read her like a book. She was transparent.

"YES! HIS JUST A PATIENT!"

Rick threw his head back and placed his hands behind his back, he laughed sarcastically at Kim and his lips.

"Don't muck around with me Kim, your so transparent. That night I spoke to Gerald, you were so posessive of him, and you were hurt when he said I could have you, does he need to say it DIRECTLY to you Kim? or are you just blind to see that he doesen't want you, doesen't need you the way I do. Kim, I waited months, years even. Did you ever take me into consideration? Hell no. You meet Gerald, it's been at least 3 weeks, and you are already to protective, so posessive, so OBSESSED with him. And don't try and deny it because even god knows I'm right."

He walked towards the window and held onto the ledge very tightly.

"When my sister left him, she left him because she didn't want him. He didn't accept it, and this is how he turns out, Kim his practically pyscho and your head over heels for him, do you want to turn out like him? Just accept that he doesen't want you and move on."

Kim remained silent, she listened but only chose the right parts to hear.

"His one son of a with eight lives. Like you said, he tried to commit suicide countless times yet his still breathing. He didn't deserve my sister, and I know he doesen't deserve you."

She responded. She screamed, she yelled.

"AND HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW!? YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DESERVING ANYTHING, AND YOU SURE AS HELL DON'T DESERVE ME! RICK, YOU HAVE A CHILD! YOU LEFT IT FATHERLESS AND DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER GOING BACK FOR IT! THIS IS WHY WE NEVER GOT TOGETHER, YOUR ONLY IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT, YOU DON'T WANT RESPONSIBILITIES, YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BE HAPPY, YOU ONLY WANT HAPPINESS FOR YOURSELF."

He turned to look at her, she took a deep breath and lowered her voice.

"...if you really loved me, and needed me, I know you'd be supporting me right now."

Rick pulled at his hair with his fingers, frustrated with the argument he was having with Kim.

"Happy?! God damn it Kim! I go by unnoticed for 3 years and in those years I now realise I wasted them waiting for you! Gerald ruined everybody's life Kim, he has secrets you have no idea about.."

"Rick, will you listen to yourself! I told you so many times, we wouldn't be together! I told you that I only wanted you as a friend, but you pushed on! I LOVE GERALD, and will always love him."

It came out so quickly, so unexpectedly. Tears were streaming down her face yet again, Rick smirked at her boldness, he moved close to her and whispered with a hint of smugness in his voice..

"But he doesn't love you."

She lifted her hand, and he caught her wrist, he sneered at her bold act, and roughly let go of her, without looking back he walked out the door. Who knew that even when those words were whispered, those words would hurt? They hurt like absolute hell. She felt as if a million spears had just gone through her body, and she felt as if they had all pierced her heart. She let the tears rush down her face and let her body collapse to the ground, her mind spinning on Gerald, Rachel, and her, repeatedly turning back to what Rick had said. "But he doesen't love you."

-

Gerald was feeling better, now that he knew what he did wrong, all he had to do was fix it. Knowing that Wednesday was Kim's day off, he risked seeing Rick at her home and decided to go there to see her. He drove with thoughts rushing through his head, like what he made her go through, like what was going through his mind when he said such things.

"I'm such a jerk."

He breathed the statement out, heavy heartedly, knowing he had hurt one of the most special people in his life. He arrived at her place and knocked on the door countless times, no answer. After his third attempt, he twisted the door knob, only to see the pale, thin figure of Kimberly Chiu lying on the carpet.

"Oh, god. Kimmy I'm so sorry."

He fell to his knees, his body feeling weak as he pulled her body into his arms.

"Kimmy, please tell me your okay..."

After a while, he saw her chest rise and fall, he slowly stood up and gently carried her in his arms, he lay her on the leather couch, and sat by her side. A smile crept on to his face, he let his fingers trace every curve of her silk like skin... he missed her eyes, her nose, her lips... her beautiful face, and her scent, but most of all, he missed her. He missed her laugh, her "It'll be okay" smile, her comforting arms, and gentle voice. Two hours had already past, and he had memorised her face again, he was content with watching her sleep, she looked so calm, and angel like, he thought of the times he had tried to kill himself over her...he did love her. He did need her. The third hour rushed by and Kim finally woke, she raised her head to see a familiar face sitting beside the couch, on the carpet, gosh he was as handsome as ever. She jumped up, alarmed at his presence. She needed to avoid him.

"What are you doing here? ...look, please leave, I have things to do."

Gerald stood up, and sat on the couch.

"Where's Rick?"

Kim's body stiffened, she didn't know whether to tell Gerald or not, she chose the latter and shrugged.

"I don't know. Gerald, please leave. Why are you here, shouldn't you be at home?"

He smiled the smile that she had been craving to see since the last time she saw him, despite the bags beneath his eyes, he was still so handsome, his skin was paler than usual but she pretended not to be concerned.

"Home? and what am I supposed to do at home? By the way, mom misses you..."

He smiled again and searched her face for emotion.

"Tell her I appreciate her calls."

She stood up and walked into the kitchen, getting ready to heat the kettle until Gerald took her hand.

"Kim look, I know what I said, and I know what I did, I'm here to apologise."

Kim tried to look unaffected, she turned her back on him and walked towards the pantry, she continued to speak.

"Apologise? and why? You made it quiet clear to me that you didn't want me, which is fine. I accept it."

Her voice broke at the end and she knew she couldn't hide anymore, he took her hand and turned her towards him, her eyes had turned misty and his had turned sorry, he took her in his arms and she broke down. She held onto him, body shaking as tears streamed down her face.

"You bastard. You knew I loved you and you still put me down."

He ran his fingers up and down her spine, he whispered 'sorry' many times as he held her close to him, she shivered against him and felt his breath at her neck.

"Kimmy, I was angry. I didn't mean anything I said. Your a very beautiful woman, and your a woman I know that can do so much better than me."

He smiled sadly at Kim who shook her head and buried her head in his chest.

"I don't want to do better. I want you."