The word 'love'

Anything

Gerald leaned his head against the leather couch, shutting his eyes as he sighed, his hands were still holding onto Kim's and she was clearly still in deep sleep, he turned his head towards her and then glanced at his walls, his insides turning bitter. He was not over his ex, yet he had mixed feelings for Kim, they were friends.

Friends.

The word echoed in his ears, he remembered the word "friends" as a word that meant so many things, it no longer only meant friendship, but now also had many labels attached to it, it had more than one meaning, that meant different things to every person. For him, being friends was being the second family, the next person he could run to if he had problems, being friends meant being there for them, and not walking away. But he knew in the real world, everything he considered as being friendly, lead to only one thing, and that was love, the word love was also a word that could be used in so many different ways, and can be twisted to mean so many different things, he had said the three words for the very first time to his ex and he only recieved a thank you, he remembered saying it on their dates, their outings, their monthsarys; and nothing, just a thank you, ofcourse he did not take any notice of it, he thought she would eventually say it back, but no, he realised he had fallen for the temporary type, the type that would play with your emotions and then dump you because you were just another stranger to her, he was a 4-year-stand to his ex, just another guy she had gone out with and gotten over with within only a few minutes, she played the role of his lover for 4 years, and he played the role of Gerald, he felt strongly for her, and she only pretended to love him. For what? He wondered. A sound had broken his thoughts.

"Ge..."

He turned his head towards the beguiling woman lying on his couch.

"Yes, Kim?"

His face hardened as she began to whimper and cry in her sleep, she was murmuring words that sounded unfamiliar to Gerald, he watched her and observed more as to what else she would say, and how else she would react.

"Don't leave me..."

She had tear stained cheeks and her body was reacting irregularly. Ragged breaths were escaping and her crying was becoming louder. Gerald kneeled on the ground and peered down at her, he squeezed her hand and called her name until she woke, her eyes opened, she wiped away her tears and held onto Gerald, he placed his arms around her slender figure and pulled away as he whispered...

"So, the psychologist has problems too..."

Kim tore her gaze away from him and wiped away the remainder of her tears, she cleared and stood up with a weary laugh.

"As we all do, right?"

She forced a smile to avoid any questions from Gerald, but knew she would not be able to avoid his curious questions. He followed her and took her arm.

"Care to explain?"

Kim shook her head with a sad glint in her eyes, he squeezed her arm and she pulled it away.

"Please Gerald, another time..."

He knew he should not force anymore, so he sighed in resignation and would not look away from her, she dryly laughed.

"For a guy that's recovering, you seem to bounce back very well.."

Gerald smirked and slightly smiled.

"Well, I have an amazing psychologist."

Kim rolled her eyes and pushed him away from her with a small smile.

"I wanna show you something..."

He smiled, remembering the costumes. He took her by the waist and lead her towards the pile of costumes that were drying beneath the heater.

"Voila!"

Kim's eyes widened seeing the pieces of fabric perfectly put together, no holes, no torn pieces; just perfection. She kneeled on the ground and glanced at Gerald, she squealed a thank you, and jumped back up and threw her arms around him.

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!"

Gerald laughed as her arms were wrapped around his neck, whilst his arms were resting above her hips, realising the position they were in, he closed his eyes, taking in her floral scent.

"How did you do it!?"

Kim had pulled away from him and had turned her attention back to the costumes, his nose filled with her scent and his body still feeling her body against his, he glanced at Kim and smiled a gentle smile.

"I learnt alot from my mom I suppose."

Kim smiled at Gerald again and began cheering like a little kid as she glanced at the costumes again and again. Kim then slowly turned to Gerald who was quiet and was in deep thought.

"Nasaan nga pala si Tita?"

Gerald turned towards Kim and she noticed he was distracted as he answered.

"Huh? Oh, she's gone out to meet an old friend..."

Gerald was still high on her floral scent and thoughts of her had filled his mind.

"Ge? Okay ka lang?"

Gerald just nodded and knelt beside her as they looked through the costumes that had been mended and altered.

"Galing mo talaga. Thank you Ge!"

The peck on the cheek was enough to sum up what he felt for this amazing woman beside him right now. He was inlove.