Chapter 5

Back to you

AN: Here I am posting one more chapter to indulge you guys, but both Minjun's and Khun's chapters were short so I decided to post today. I'm sure I will run out of chapters to post pretty soon, so I will try to hold the following a little longer. Anyway, good reading.

 

 

 

“Come to bed,” the girl said, her voice husky, her body clinging to him from behind. Sadly he couldn't remember her name, all he knew was her scent, a musky smell that right now seemed too strong for his senses. Despite her efforts to coax him, he stayed rooted in place. From the balcony of the hotel he could see the stars shining brightly in the sky. Somehow it reminded him of his brothers.

It's been a while since he saw them last. One by one they started enlisting to the military. Since he didn't have such obligation, he stayed in Korea doing activities, releasing occasional songs, and shooting ads. But without them, everything eventually started to become empty. Life lost its colors.

He started coming to Thailand more and more, until one day he found himself having a permanent residence in his home country. Next to his family, he was able to fill that void buried inside himself. But life away from his lifetime friends seemed so wrong, so foreign.

“Nichkhun, come to bed, please. It’s only around two,” she purred. He paid her no mind, instead focused himself on the piece of tabloid news he saw on his computer minutes ago. Chansung was abandoned at the altar by Jia. To say he was shocked to the core was an understatement. Now he wished more than ever he could be there.

The article had a paparazzi shot of Chansung, face contorted in anger, opened nostrils, lips curled in disgust. He was being held by Taecyeon, as if he was trying to calm his friend. 2PM’s youngest rarely gets mad, but when he reach that state, he’s a force to be reckoned with. It took a lot for him to crack, but the moment he exploded it was heartbreaking. Nichkhun was sure he was more sad than angry right now and it killed him that he couldn't there for his dongsaeng. But he had commitments. Always the same boring commitments. His personal jail.

As Thailand's golden goose, all his appointments were booked in advance and after lots of negotiations. Right now he was filming a drama with a super tight schedule and there was no way out of it. He tried, but his manager didn’t allow under the argument that Nichkhun was supposed to book the date months in advance. But how could he when Chansung told him just a month earlier? Stuff like that were one of the reasons he wanted out of this deal. He barely saw his family and his gatherings with friends were as rare as unicorns.

Another reason for wanting to quit were his friends. He missed them. Not his bandmates, not his colleagues, but his dear friends. But the matter that worried him the most is someone called Jang Wooyoung.

He tried calling his friend for the millionth time today, but he didn't answer. He rarely did, but sometimes he would surprise him and pick up the phone. But that was the pattern with him nowadays. Truth was that sweet and naïve Wooyoung didn’t exist anymore. He is now mysterious Wooyoung, never in a place for long, never in the place you expected him to be. Like the wind.

Nichkhun contemplated what he knew about his former bandmate, a secret he never told anyone about. Years ago he found out Wooyoung never went to the military, but kept the pretense that he did. When it was his time to join the army, he begged people to call his personal phone, and bid their goodbyes for he was leaving for a two-year period in the army. Back then, Khun believed it, and they had a teary farewell.

Months later, he tried calling on his mobile and had no answer. Since it was really urgent, he looked for the base number on the internet. And to his surprise, Wooyoung wasn't there. He never went there because he was dismissed from the mandatory service.

He didn't know how to deal with the lie. After so much conflict, he decided to be straightforward and talk about it. On the rare phone calls they shared, he spilled what he knew. Only to have a sobbing Wooyoung begging him to keep his secret. He couldn't say no, but never knew the reason why. And it killed him everyday.

Now here he is, worried sick about Chansung, worried sick about Wooyoung, stuck with jobs he doesn't care about and having with strangers. He had a very easy character, never one to rise his voice in anger or to complain about things, but he honestly hated his life.

A phone call woke him from his trance, almost scaring him out of his stupor. His lady friend was sleeping, so he grabbed his mobile and went to the hotel balcony. He closed the glass door and took a look at the caller ID. Taecyeon.

“Taecyeon. Is everything alright?”

“Yes. No.”

“Tell me. How is Chansung? How is everyone?”

“Not good. I keep seeing everyone falling to pieces, everyone unhappy. I want to do something about it. Would you help me, brother?”

He smiled at Taecyeon's request. He was doing what Nichkhun wanted to do a long time ago. He wanted to restore that thing that kept them together, the thing that gave their life a meaning. Taecyeon would try to bring 2PM together. And he was sure it isn't because he needed the band back together, but he because he needed his family back. They all needed.

“Yes, I will,” he smiled to the starry sky. For the first time he felt a tinge of happiness in his chest. “But you know it won't be easy,” he added hastily.

“I know, I know. Junho, right?”

“Junho?” That wasn't who he had in mind and the comment made him laugh heartily at Taecyeon. He was thinking about his contracts in Thailand and JYP Entertainment. They would be impossible to get out of, but he is going to try his best. And JYPE, well, that was the real challenge.

“What?” Now Taecyeon giggled, clearly amused.

“Why it would be difficult to get Junho? Get Chansung and you will get Junho.”

“What? Are you blind? Junho doesn't speak with Chansung for years now,” he said, laughing. That was a little weird because one shouldn't be laughing because two people are not talking to each other, but it was a little funny.

“Maybe you are the one who is blind, Ok Taecyeon.” If he said that face to face, he supposed he would be giving the other his signature blink.

“Did you blink by any chance?”

“What, why?” It was like the other just read his mind.

“I don't know, just seemed something you would do. I could picture you blinking after you said that,” Taecyeon added.

“And I can picture your laugh lines around your eyes when you talk. It's like we know each other so well. Better than our mothers.”

“Oh, definitely better than our mammas. There is stuff you guys know that I would die if she knew.”

There it was. The companionship he missed so much. The partnership he craved every time. The jokes, the friendship, the hardships and the joys he shared with his friends. The people who knew him better than he knew himself.

“And oh, Nichkhun. If I get Junho by convincing Chansung, then what does it take to convince the great Nichkhun, King of Thailand?” he asked with some humor on his voice.

“Get Wooyoung and I'm in.”

“. Hardest job in the world,” Taecyeon cursed, his voice suddenly serious. He didn't like to curse, but indeed. Hardest ing job in the world.

 

AN: so what did you guys think? Tell me your thoughts and make me a happy writer.

 

UP NEXT: Wooyoung