Chapter 25

Back to you

 

Chapter 25

 


“We are here.”


They arrived in a cute, yet small café. Chansung wondered what was up with Taecyeon's secrecy, but smiled because he liked that his hyung took care of him. The oldest guy took the reign of their group and went above and beyond to make sure everything was back in track as it once was.


They entered the establishment, but Chansung stopped on his tracks when he saw a small and cute girl. But he couldn't be fooled by her looks. That inconspicuous and innocent looking person was pure poison. And he was once victim of her venom.


“Is that Aya Sato?”


“Yes.”


“Why are we here, hyung?” They stood rooted by the door, talking in hushed tones. Chansung wasn't one to lose his temper, but right there in the middle of a full café, he was about to lose it.


“Talk to her.”


“I have nothing to talk to her, hyung.” His tone was a little higher than he intended, but he couldn't help it. “Why didn't you warn me? This is the second time you pull this kind of thing.” His hyung looked distraught, clearly worried. So Chansung closed his eyes, taking a few calming breaths to avoid lashing out on his friend.


“I know, it was bad of me. But everyone looked so happy. And I really think you want to hear what this girl has to say. Let's sit.”


By then, Aya Sato already spotted them. Chansung scoffed at the picture of innocence sitting there with wide eyes, hands obviously agitated. He went along with it, but only because he was curious to know what he had to say.


“Hello,” she said, almost in a whisper.


“Hello,” he responded in Japanese, his face somber. His mouth tasted sour. Memories on those terrible months invaded his mind, making his stomach hurt and hands fidget.


“Listen,” Taecyeon started. “I will stay outside while you two tal-” Chansung grabbed his wrist, clearly demonstrating he should stay where he was. The older man looked startled for a second, but complied by sitting down.


“What do you want?” Chansung spat, his tone merciless. But his outer image was only a reflection of his insides, full of anger and resentment. He once thought he was over everything, but looking at the eye of evil, he realized Aya Sato was still ingrained on his mind.


“I-I-” she tried to say, her words lacking any force. She looked afraid, her hands shaking and eyes even more wide. But she couldn't fool him. This was the girl who maybe – he still wasn't sure – had with Chansung. No big deal, stuff like that happened when you were a famous idol. What showed her true character was what she did afterwards. Interviews and press conferences telling the word on how a beast took advantage of an almost innocent child like herself.


“Chansung, you don't have to look so menacing. Aya, tell him what we talked,” Taecyeon interceded. The girl relaxed instantly, smiling coyly at his friend. He looked between the duo and wondered what the hell was going on between these two?


“I-I'm sorry.” Her voice broke a little, but she continued. “I made a terrible mistake. I just-”


“Why did you do it? If we had like you say, why did you have to tell everyone and show me as a bad guy? You ruined me.”


“I'm sorry.” She finally broke down in tears, attracting the eyes of the café patrons, but he still looked impassively at her. “You will hate me even more when you know the reason.”


“Then tell me.”


“I wanted to be famous, wanted money. So I thought that being involved with you would help me somehow. I thought it was the quickest way to be a known person, to get money. But in the end, I was judged even more harshly than you. The doors closed to me. Some people took pity on me, but others saw right through me. I saw an opportunity in that bar and took it. And I regret it so much.”


Chansung was speechless. His life was ruined because someone wanted to take advantage of him. Her tears fell freely, drawing more attention from the customers in the bar. But he didn't care. And how little he cared scared him, but he couldn't act differently. Not with someone so vicious.


“Wow, I just don't know what to say to you. And saying I forgive is not something I can do right now,” he said harshly, shaking his head violently. Chansung wished he was in a valley so he could scream his lungs out and tear the frustrations away from him. But there he was, stuck in this small café having to deal with someone so reckless and mean.


“I'm sor-”


He interrupted her speech when he got up. “Let's go, Taecyeon.” Chansung not using honorifics was a sign of how bad things were, but a beast was unleashed. He was hurt, angry. Unapologetic.



“Please, don't go. I need to say something else.”


“Sit down, Chansung. I know you hurt. But I wouldn't make you come here for no reason.”


Chansung sat down again and waited. “Go ahead. I don't have all the time in the world.”


“Taec,” she started, pissing Chansung off even more. Taec? What? She continued, “told me about on how bad the things I did hit you. And told me you guys plan to get back together. I want to make amends. I want to confess.”


“What?”


“I will confess everything in a press conference. Will tell everyone I lied. I know some people might not believe it, but I can't have that on my conscious anymore.” Again, he was speechless. No words could express the relief that washed over him. Tears almost dropped from his eyes, but he held it. Chansung couldn't show weakness in front of this girl.


“Well, thank you?” He didn't know what else to say. The anger disappeared, making place for awkwardness. What do you say to someone who ruined your life, but was trying to make it right?



“I'm sorry again. I never meant to hurt you so bad.”


“Yeah. Hyung, can we go now?” He looked at Taecyeon, eyes pleading for them to get out of that place. Chansung felt grateful because of what she was willing to do, but he didn't know how to act in front of her anymore. He needed out.


“Yes, just wait outside. I need to arrange the details for the press conference.”


“Okay.” Chansung stood, a little too awkwardly and starting walking. “Bye then.”


“Wait.” He turned and the sight before his eyes scared him. Aya Sato was kneeling down, her head down in apology.


“Please, get up. People are looking at us.” He grabbed her arm to help. Chansung didn't say anything until they were out of the café. “Listen. What you did hurt me in ways you can't imagine. Don't ask forgiveness now because right now I can't give it. But maybe when time heals, okay? We have a long way to go”


She only nodded her head, so Chansung left. But he suddenly remembered he needed to ask something, so he backtracked a little. “Did we even sleep together?”


“We were about too, but you suddenly started crying and talking about Junho. I believe you guys had a fight?” she said, a blush on her cheeks.


“Okay, thanks.” With a light heart and a giggle, he went to the van and watched Taecyeon talk to Aya from afar. Finally, his hyung came to the vehicle and started driving.


“For how long have you been talking to this girl?”


“For a few months. The story always seemed a little off. I just needed to talk to her and hear her” he spoke serenely, eyes on the road. “I know you, Chansung. Only someone who doesn't know you would believe her stories. I want us to come back with a clean slate. It was a long shot, I didn't know what I would find. But it was worth it.”


“Thank you, hyung. You are the best.” Taecyeon only smiled at him and silently they went back to the hotel.




When he opened the door, he was suddenly grabbed by someone. Chansung almost fell back when Junho hugged him tightly. The sneak attack surprised him, but it also felt good to be hugged after the day he had.


“What is going on, Junho? Are you alright?” He patted his head, suddenly worried about the smaller man.


“How can you ask me if I'm alright? You babo, you are the I'm worried about. What happened with that, that girl?” Chansung giggled at his tone, but hugged the other man even tighter.


“I'm alright,” he said soothingly, his hands sliding over Junho's back. Chansung didn't know what he was doing. He felt he was walking on eggshells when it came to Junho, especially after the big earth shattering kiss at JYP, but didn't want to think anymore. His hands traveled a little more to the south and he whispered on his ear. “She wanted to apologize about the lies she invented. She will come clean about it all. I'm so happy, Junho.”


“Really?” Junho dropped his arms and stepped back a bit to look at Chansung. His eyes glittered, tears starting to form.


“Yes. She will.”


“Oh, Chansung. I'm sorry.”


“Nah, don't worry about it anymore, okay?” He grabbed Junho once again, pressing their bodies against each other. “It's all in the past. Luckily, when she confesses things will get a little better for us a band. I couldn't deal with the guilty of being responsible for 2pm not being together anymore.”


“No, no. Don't think about it anymore.” They looked each other in the eyes. Junho put his hand on Chansung's face to take away a little tear that suddenly dropped, but let it rest there for a while, the maknae's face. The atmosphere was dense, only their breathing audible in that big room. And then there was a knock.


“Let's go camping, babos,” someone shouted from the corridor, making them drop their arms and split.


“Let's go,” Chansung added softly, a shy smile on his lips when he saw Junho's red face. They quickly got their things together to embark in their trip.




Hours later, they arrived in their camping place. It was located in a beautiful mountain side area, near a stunning torrent river. Chansung stared at everything in wonder. It was the perfect place – fresh, isolated, pleasant to the eyes. The only sounds you could hear were of the water flowing fastly against the rocks and the colorful birds singing. And the best part of it – he was with the best company in the world.


Immediately, they started setting camp. “So, we have 3 tents. The room arrangements stands then?” Taecyeon asked while he started to unwrap one of the tents.


“I don't know,” Junho started, apparently a little unsure of himself. “Do you want to change, Chansung?”


“Nah, it's alright.” Junho blushed. It amused Chansung to watch how his ears would get red like a tomato, so he kept watching the smaller man with interest, wondering what the hell he was thinking that made him blush like that. Eventually, the other left, muttering some angry words. The maknae stayed there watching that backside until he woke up to the reality. Since Junho left to explore or who knows what, he would have to set up the tent by himself.


After a few tries, everything was neat and ready. So they talked, joked, ate. When the night came, they lit up a fire and stood in a circle by the burning wood. They shared stories, details, struggles. A true bonding between 6 brothers.


“Let's go to bed,” Chansung whispered by Junho's ears when he was talking with Wooyoung. The group was starting to disperse, with Taecyeon and Minjun already getting ready to sleep.


“Okay,” the smaller man replied. His face was beautiful, the shadows from the moon and the fire casting a hypnotizing glow on his skin. “Let's go,” he said, taking Chansung out of his trance.



After quick goodbyes, they went to their tent. The more they distanced themselves from the fire, the chillier it got. So they quickly tucked themselves under the blankets and said goodnight to each other.


Junho had his back to Chansung, and for a while, he didn't say anything. But the silence crawled on him, so got closer and hugged Junho from behind.


“What are you doing, Chansung?”


“Hugging and getting warm?”


“You know what I mean.”


“Let me just stay here, okay? I kinda need it,” he added and smelled Junho's hair, needing to fill himself with all things Junho. He also got closer, if that was even possible.


“Are you alright?” Junho whispered.


“Yeah, I'm good. Everything is good now. Everything is falling into place.”


“Okay, good night then, Chansungie.”


“Good night, babe,” he whispered and sealed with a neck on Junho's neck. And with his hands wrapped around Junho, he had the best sleep he had in a while.



AN: What did you guys think? Aya was pretty idiotic, right? I didn't want to sound too unrealistic about her intentions, but there are people just like there outside in this world, so it's not a stretch, right? Just look at people making tapes and scandals in order to make it. And the worst, they actually achieve what they wanted.

 

And sorry for taking so long. Lately I’m not very inspired, but thaaaaaaaanks for sticking with me. I love you guys ♡ really do. And appreciate every little subscriber and commenter there.

 

 


NEXT: Junho and some (even though I want to pull my hair out when I have to write ).