Chapter 10

Back to you

AN: Hi, lovelies. From this chapter onwards I will update on Saturdays. I wish I could update more, but I need to focus on my studies and even a tiny chapter takes a lot of time to write. On Saturdays I will be uploading one chapter while I write another so I don't run out of chapters to post. 

PS: I never wrote Khunyoung in my life, but I'm working hard on this. I hope you guys like it :)

Good reading!

 



A few years ago


I would like to talk to Jang Wooyoung.”

I'm sorry, sir. Is this a name of a soldier here?”

Yes, he told me it was his base.”

Okay, hold on a minute.”

Sir, we have no Jang Wooyoung listed on this base. He was dismissed from service almost a year ago. But we can't disclose the reasons.”


He hold the phone to his ear, not quite believing what he heard. The busy tone of the telephone rang loudly on his ear, but he he didn't move because he didn't know how. Wooyoung lied to them. He lied to them all.




Nichkhun glanced anxiously at his watch, repeating the gesture he made a minute ago and every other moment in the past hour. As if stilled in time, the clock pointer barely moved, increasing his unease to an unbearable point.

He could feel people taking pictures of him and the murmurs in the air wondering what the famous Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul was doing in the middle of the airport. But he didn't care, not when all the passengers in Wooyoung's flight were grabbing their suitcases and leaving and his friend was nowhere in sight. Would he really come?

It was hard to believe they would meet after years without seeing each other, after years of hushed calls and half hearted excuses on why he wouldn't meet Khun and their other friends. For a moment, he wondered if this was all a dream, a nightmare, a twisted joke. He looked down, sighing deeply to calm his troubled thoughts. When he looked up, the sight hit him.

A black haired boy approached, carrying a small suitcase and a big backpack. His hair was wild, almost touching his shoulders. His smile was bright, so sincere it could blind him. Was this an illusion, a mirage caused by his frustration and hurting? Real or not, the sight brought tears to his eyes, but he wouldn't let them flow.

Wooyoung walked calmly towards him. His steps were deliberately slow, like an action scene that takes forever to happen. When he couldn't wait any longer, Nichkhun met him halfway, wrapping him in a hug that almost drew all air from Wooyoung. Yet he didn't care. He needed this, to feel he was real after so long.

“Yah, I'm mad at you,” he said, his voice muffled on Wooyoung's coat. Nichkhun had his face on his neck, but didn't move to talk. Wooyoung only giggled, patting his back like a patient mom pacifies a toddler.

“I'm sorry. I'm here now. Okay?” Nichkhun could only nod in response. The warmth was too good to let go, so they stayed there in silence. He would hug forever if it wasn't a grunt. He looked up to see it was Wooyoung's sister, Junhwa.

“Hello, Nichkhun.”

“Junhwa, how are you,” he replied with a bow.

“I'm good, thank you,” she spoke sweetly, but looked at Wooyoung with worry. Something bothered her, maybe the crowd of people snapping pictures and looking at them curiously. Her face was somber while she looked around.

“I got the car ready, let's get moving. Shall we?” He showed them the way to the parking lot, being followed immediately by his bodyguards.

“Who are those guys?” asked a bug-eyed Wooyoung. He seemed a little scared at the two formally dressed men. They looked menacing, so he understood the worry.

“Those are my bodyguards. I have to have them with me at all times. Company's policy. Don't mind them,” he explained and grabbed a suitcase Junhwa was carrying. “Let's go.”

He wasn't sure, but the ride home seemed a little tense. Nichkhun was driving, but eventually he took a peek at his friend, seated at his right side, and at his sister. Looking at the rearview mirror, he saw her shooting daggers at Wooyoung's back. Her eyes were oddly furious, not matching with her sweet and easy going personality.

“So, where to?” he sputtered nervously, anxious to break the weird silence in the car.

“Junhwa is staying at my apartment, I'm going with you to yours,”

“I will not,” she whined angrily. “I will go with Wooyoung, Nichkhun.”

“Junhwa,” Wooyoung added, turning his face to talk to her. “Please, let me do this. I just need...”

“No, Wooyoung. It's dangerous,” she pleaded, alarming Nichkhun. What was dangerous?

“What is dangerous?”

“Nothing,” brother and sister added in unison. They proceed on their discussion, shouting enigmatic words at each other in a heated discussion. Nichkhun started having a headache, but said nothing else. He would ask Wooyoung what was that about later anyway. No more secrets starting tonight.

Finally they reached Wooyoung's building. He got out to grab the suitcases, while the siblings stayed inside the car. They continued their brawl in hushed tones, obviously trying to be secretive about their talk. After a few minutes, Junhwa grudgingly stepped out of the vehicle.

“Nichkhun, please take care of Wooyoung,” she said with apprehension.

“Hum, okay. I will.”

“If anything happen please give me a call. I really mean it, okay?”

It was an odd request, but he acquiesced with a nod. He grabbed her bags and left them in the front of the elevator and both greeted each other with a bow.

When he came back to his car, he noticed Wooyoung sat there motionless. He stared on a fixed point ahead, not even blinking or acknowledging he had company. When the the motor started running, he finally blinked, waking up from his deep thoughts.

“Wooyoungie, is something wrong?” he asked in a choked voice. He had a bad feeling. There was a something inside himself making him feel apprehension, like his guts were being squeezed by a fierce and evil hand.

“Nothing is wrong, hyung,” Wooyoung replied with a sweet smile. “Just the opposite, I think things will start being right. I feel like things are finally going to fall into place now”

“Ooookay. But we need to talk, alright?”

“Yes. As soon as we get to your home. There are a few things I need to tell you before we meet with the rest of the guys.”

“Okay.”

They drove without exchanging any words, but it wasn't that awkward silence from before. It really seemed like things were falling into place, just like Wooyoung said. He pushed the foreboding feeling to a corner of his heart when he saw Wooyoung staring at the city lights with wonder, like a kid from the countryside watching the big city for the first time.

“I missed Seoul,” he whispered while he pressed his palm to the car glass, his hair even wilder because of the soft breeze. His eyes shone with joy, enraptured by city's illumination at night.

“Then why didn't you come back?”

Wooyoung's mouth opened to reply, but he closed it again when he saw they finally arrived. Nichkhun lived in a luxurious condo, so when he turned off the car two employees opened their doors. One of them made a motioned to grab one of his bags, but he gestured it wasn't necessary. Once again the conversation was pushed until later.

They entered the building in silence. Nichkhun scanned his fingerprint that would give access to his penthouse and they entered the tight space. The elevator ride was weird. Wooyoung no longer looked dazzled by seeing Seoul again, but had his shoulders in a tense, worried way. His face also showed he had something on his mind. The bad feeling came back, making him weary.

When they entered his wide two-story apartment and placed his suitcases on the floor, Wooyoung opened his mouth, certainly to explain what the hell was going on, but Nichkhun waited for so long. It wouldn't hurt to wait a little more.

In two wide strides, he was face to face with his friend. Nichkhun put his hands in both sides of Wooyoung's face. His friend seemed surprised with the touch, but his eyes calmed after a second.

“I missed you,” he muttered, his eyes wide open and fixed on Wooyoung. His long fingers now the soft cheeks, lightly tracing the still young features. He didn't know what was wrong with him, but he needed this touch like he needed air.

“I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't do it on purpose. I really needed this time apart from everything and everyone,” he confessed, his eyes a little sad. But he could see a mature resolve in the eyes of a guy he once saw as a little kid. Those eyes belonged to a man now.

“I know,” he added, his hands still holding that small face. Impulsively, he got even closer to the other man. So close he could feel his quick breath on his face, so close he could almost his heart beating, wild and out of control.

Not knowing what he was doing, he started nuzzling Wooyoung's face. It was like something foreign took over his body and he couldn't control it. When they were part of 2PM, this type of behavior wasn't tolerated so he always hid that part of himself that want to touch his dongsaeng like he was doing now. But nothing could stop them now. So he dove.

He went down on his mouth and kissed Wooyoung lightly. A for a second, Wooyoung's eyes were dreamily, his hands touching Nichkhun back tentatively, but tenderly. But suddenly, he was violently pushed away.

“No, Khun. We can't,” he said with his eyes full of tears. He shook his head and hugged himself, as if he didn't do this he might fall apart at any minute. Nichkhun extended his hand to hold him, but Wooyoung retreated himself even further from him.

“We can't. Hyung, I- I'm sick.”

Nichkhun froze midway, his hands falling at his sides. His brain stopped working. So did his heart.

 

UP NEXT: Wooyoung.