Chapter 18

Back to you



AN: Just passing by to update and say I might be updating on Saturdays OR Sundays. If I don’t, it means I’m studying and busy elsewhere so please understand :)
Love you and hope you guys enjoy it.

 



Chapter 18


The previous night

Nichkhun knew he shouldn't laugh, but Wooyoung's reaction to their kiss was just too cute. The foreigner had his hands on the wheel and his attention on the road, but took occasional sideway glances to see a distraught Wooyoung squirming on his seat. He had so much nervous energy, opening and closing his mouth, but not saying anything afterall. It was endearing.

Honestly, he didn't know what's gotten into him again. He wasn't an impulsive person, but for the second time he found himself kissing his friend. One second, his head was full of doubts, problems and a tiny bit of jealousy. Next thing he knew, he was there in front of Wooyoung giving him a chaste kiss. Just a brush of lips without thinking of the consequences. But damned him if he regretted the action. Just like the first time he kissed Wooyoung days ago.

Everything is going to be alright, calm down.” He knew he was the reason of his friend's agitation, but for now - not for long though - he would try to take his head out of what just happened and pretend it was about their group and its troubles.

Wooyoung looked startled to hear Nichkhun's voice, but quickly recovered with a weak smile. “I know,” he said in a small voice. He quickly looked his way, but just as fast he looked outside to the moving city, his thoughts going far away. The previous agitation turned into a heavy silence, weighing on Nichkhun's shoulders. Surely, his mind went to his condition again. The damned condition, always looming, bringing doom between them.

For once, he didn't know what to say. He wanted to stop the car and cry because he didn't know how to help his friend. What word could soothe someone so deeply wounded and scared?

The rest of the drive was tense. He troubled himself hard thinking how he could help Wooyoung. From what it seemed, Nichkhun was his only ally, maybe his only accomplice in the battle that was sure to ensue. His friend made it seem like he wouldn't tell them his problems to their bandmates right away. And that just added to his pile of worries.

They went to Nichkhun's apartment in silence. He was closing the door when the answer came to him. So simple, yet the biggest decision he ever took.

Wooyoung was halfway through the living room when Nichkhun reached him and put his arms around the youngest. He back hugged Wooyoung tightly, causing his friend to gasp in surprise.

I'm here for you. Whatever you need, I will do it,” he whispered in Wooyoung's right ear, his arms still wrapped around the smaller man. “I want to be with you. No tricks, no games.” Every Time he uttered a word, the sensitive skin on his neck got full of goosebumps. So he kissed to make it better, the area softly.

Hyuuung,” he whined with his signature childish voice. But Nichkhun couldn't be fooled, Wooyoung was all man under the innocent pretense. He cocked his head sideways, a clear indication Nichkhun wasn't supposed to stop.

What?” He continued with the attention, his hands going under Wooyoung's shirt to feel the silky skin on his stomach. Finally he turned his head, and there, in the middle of the living room, with his back still against Nichkhun, they kissed.

And they didn't hold back. All the passion, the missing ache and desperation poured into that kiss. No shyness or hesitation. Just their tongues and hands and everything touching.

Let's go to my room,” he said between heavy breaths. Immediately he was back to tasting that mouth again. He couldn't stay away for long and he didn’t want to.

Okay.” They went to the bedroom with their eyes glued to each other, the attraction so thick and somehow unexpected. Wooyoung sat down on the bed, his shyness back because he looked down at his feet to hide his eyes. But it was clear he wanted this as much as him. And he wouldn't make him regret the decision.



“Good morning, gentlemen. Wooyoung, it's nice seeing after a while,” a doctor, probably on his 50's, said, reproach clearly on his voice. And judging by the squint of his eyes, the tone couldn't be mistaken as something else.

“Good morning, Dr. Kim,” Wooyoung replied with an embarrassed giggle.

“Hello, my name is Dr. Kim. I am, or should I say, I was Wooyoung's doctor?” He extended his hand to Nichkhun to salute him, but his eyes were fixed on his friend.

Wooyoung scratched his hand awkwardly. “I took care of myself while I was away, Dr. Kim”

“Indeed, your exams look good. But if it wasn't for your sister giving me updates I would worry too much,” the doctor added, his hands pointing to the chairs in a silent request for them to sit down. “But who is this young man you have with you?”

“He's a… f-friend.” Wooyoung was so obvious. He stuttered and blushed when he said the six letter word. One would think he was saying the 5 letter word: LOVER. But Nichkhun was used to because the stuttering and blushing was happening since this morning. Probably because he was thinking of all the the things they did last night.

“Ahhh this is nice. You are from Wooyoung's band, right?” The question pulled him out of his reverie.

“Yes, sir. We both are from 2pm.”

“Dr. Kim. I brought Khun here today because he insisted in coming.” This time around, Nichkhun was the one who received a death glare. “He wants to know more about my disease. I explained everything to him, but he wants to hear from you.” His eyes gone soft when he looked at the doctor. It was clearly the older man took good care of his friend. And for that he was grateful for the rest of his life.

“Ah, that's a good friend right here. I will tell him everything and then we will talk about how we are going to monitor you from now on, alright?”

For the next half an hour, the doctor explained every detail about multiple sclerosis. His attention was split between the kind doctor and his friend, who would eventually turn a little weary. So he grabbed his hand in a show for support. But that backfired when Wooyoung almost choked, scaring the doctor.

“Are you alright, Wooyoung?”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyway, Dr. Kim,” he started and put both of his hands on the desk. “There is something you should know.”

“Go ahead.”

“I'm planning on getting back together with 2PM. I know what you are going to say, but I promise to make it smooth. I just, just...”

Seeing Wooyoung's distress, the doctor interrupted. “Okay, calm down. I admit having an intense lifestyle is not ideal, but if it's something that might make you happy it might actually help.”

“Really?” Wooyoung looked hopeful, his eyes turning into shiny white orbs.

“Yes. It's important for people with the condition to be happy and do what they love. I just need you to be careful and promise me you are not going to have a crazy schedule.”

Once again, Nichkhun grabbed his hand. But this time his friend – or lover, he just didn't know anymore – didn't turn him down. So they just stayed there, holding each other's hands and listening to every bit of advice and recommendation the doctor gave them. Together they dared to dream. Daring to hope.


AN: this is it for the Khunwoo couple. Hope you liked it. And did you see what I just did there? Omitted the y times. I want to bring that later on through Wooyoung’s perspective, so please be patient. I see a few unsubscribers and I don’t know why. All I can say is that I want to develop things my own way, so please be understanding and keep the faith. But I know you guys will be supportive as always ♥

 

UP NEXT: Channie my love  Junho!!!