Chapter 20

Back to you

 

AN: Hi, guys *waves*

 

Sorry for the delay. But since I published the last chapter on Thursday, it was a little hard to post on the weekend. And since I don’t want to upset anyone, I’m not gonna make any promises. But don’t worry because I will be always posting updates. I’m just eager to finish this already, so look forward to it. I don't know how many chapters this will be, but I don't know, more than 30? I'm honestly ready for other stories already haha :)


And a little background for now because I don’t want to dwell on this on the chapter. For all purposes, Miss A split after a few years, okay? That’s why Jia was so free to marry and no one messed with her business. I hate to break-up everyone, but those are things that happen. But since this is not the focus, I'm telling you already.

 

 

 

Chapter 20

 

 

A few months ago

 

 

I was thinking of painting that wall in some pastel shade. What do you think?”

 

I think it's alright. Whatever you want.” Chansung's voice was soft, but his heart wasn't on it. He looked outside, at the blue sky – like he always did, especially lately – and his mug absentmindedly. His eyes were dazed, mind elsewhere. It pained her how he didn't seem to pay attention to her, but her heart betrayed her because all she could notice was how his mouth was beautiful when slightly open and the morning light made him look like an angel. So beautiful.

 

Do you know where is that pamphlet?” She asked, shaking the troubling thoughts away. Jia looked at her fiancée, but he still looked lost inside his mind.

 

What did you say?”

 

The pamphlet?”

 

Which one?”

 

The palette of pastel colors?” He furrowed his brows, the peaceful expression gone. She raised her eyebrows, a silent question raised a little impatiently. And she was, afterall she was in bridezilla mode.

 

I'm not sure, probably in my room,” he added slowly, accentuating the last syllable in a question, which showed he probably had no idea where it was.

 

Alright, I will look for it. But didn't you have an appointment in like... 20 minutes in your gym?”

 

Chansung shot from the chair like he had fire on his . “Shoot, you are right.” He went to his bedroom and got his stuff and ran outside the apartment, but came back seconds later and gave her a peck on her cheeks. She laughed, a faint blush coloring her cheeks. He left just as hurriedly, but she still felt his presence, her heart beating fast. But that's how it was with them. Just a little closer and she would almost die.

 

When he heart calmed a little, she went to his bedroom to look for the forsaken pamphlet. Their wedding was close, so they needed to renovate his apartment, make it more feminine. Chansung was being sweet and receptive, but Jia had to prepare everything. So she had the key to the apartment and free reign on his place.

 

Jia checked his desk, but found nothing. Then went to his dresser on the opposite side of the room. She opened a few drawers, giggling a little when she found the compartment that contained his underwear. But her smile fell when she opened the last one.

 

The drawer had a few shirts inside, but the clothes weren't the ones who made her stomach recoil. It was a picture in a dark frame. Junho and Chansung, young and innocent, their face pressed together, smiles so bright it made her eyes burn. It was just a silly picture. But why was it hidden? And why did it make her eyes water?

 

 

 

 

 

Chansung took a deep breath, needing desperately to settle his nerves. It was his first time visiting JYPE after years, so he felt agitated. And desperate for a little time alone.

 

“You go ahead and look and look for the others,” he told Taecyeon and they quickly separated. In the company restroom, he look himself in the mirror. His reflection showed a different image from earlier today. No more rough look, now clean shaved and sporting a decent haircut. A pristine image, so very different from his core, which was currently a mess. That's it, Chansung was a mess.

 

If visiting JYPE after being kicked out wasn't enough, he had another worry on his mind: Lee Junho. A few days ago, that little demon put Chansung through a roller coaster ride. Apprehension, rage, lust. And somehow the latter was the one who made him restless at night, making him touch himself and whisper his name on sleepless nights. 

 

The attention Junho gave him was now engraved on his mind. He replayed the scene so many times on his head, every detail loud and clear. The , that intense hug, those butterfly brief kisses, that tongue on his jaw, the friction. Chansung wanted nothing than to eat Junho alive right there on that car. But he couldn't. He wouldn't.

 

But no more musings. He threw some water on his face, taking a deep breath – mentally preparing himself for the challenge. He looked around the company, quickly saluting the people he knew from the time he worked there. Chansung finally found his friends on the rehearsal room. He was ready for some tension with Junho, but surprisingly he found a curious situation on the room.

 

Junho seemed to be choking with something and Taecyeon was laughing and hitting him strongly on his back.

 

“Is everything alright? Junho, hands up. Taecyeon, you don't have to hit him so hard.” He quickly went to get some water.

 

“I'm alright,” Junho calmed a little after he drank the water Chansung gave him. “Taecyeon made a silly joke and made me gag. That's all,” he added, still a little red on his cheeks.

 

“Yeah, right,” their other friend explained. They sat down and discussed a bit of their plans after Junho's recovery. The ideas consisted mostly on Taecyeon and his arguments to convince the heartless suits. Occasionally, he would throw a joke and made the mood even more lighter. And for that he was thankful for his buddy.

 

But even amidst all the lame insane jobs, Chansung mind would drift to guy standing beside him. He was stomach down on the floor, holding a pen that would occasionally put on his sinful mouth. Mouth that days ago was on his neck, his face. Suddenly he felt hot, wanting nothing more than to jump the guy. But he looked away. And that's when he saw her.

 

Jia came towards them slowly, her eyes glued to Chansung. If he wasn't mistaken, she looked a little misty eyed and he couldn't figure it out why.

 

“Hi,” she said, her voice shy and low, but her eyes still on him.

 

Chansung still couldn't believe his eyes. “Jia,” he tried. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Hi, guys. How are you?” He felt a weight on his hands, so he looked down to see Junho's hand above his own. And then he looked up, at his face, and saw he looked distraught. Chansung then put his palm up and squeezed his friend's hand in assurance. And that little exchange didn't go unnoticed by his ex fiancée, who eyed them sadly. 

 

“We are good,” Chansung said. “But what are you doing here?”

 

“I'm... Miss A is in talks to comeback together.” Suddenly everything was clear. He was probably dumped because the company didn't want them together.

 

“Oh.” That was all he managed to say.

 

“Chansung, can we talk?”

 

He opened his mouth to tell her it had to be quick, but Junho was faster. “We are kinda busy,” he added, his voice a little heated.

 

“That's okay. We won't take long, Nuneo.” His voice was soft, but his insides were in turmoil. He squeezed Junho's hand again, but his group mate only looked the other way, not saying a thing. He looked angry, but he would have to deal with him later.

 

They walked together to an office next to the rehearsal room. It was so awkward and it seemed surreal Chansung was about to marry this woman days ago. Finally he closed the door and looked at her. Jia seemed nervous, but he had no time for small talk. “What is going on?”

 

She opened her eyes wide, maybe scared at his sudden approach. “Listen, I'm sorry for everything.” Jia started crying and walked towards him with her arms wide open to embrace him, but he dodged.

 

“Did you break up with me because JYPE asked?”

 

She seemed indignant. “What? No, they never said anything.”

 

“Then why?”

 

“Your heart was never on it, Chansung.”

 

“Then talk to me, Jia. You just don't leave me there.”

 

“I'm sorry.” She sobbed. “It was so wrong of me to flee. But I wasn't thinking. Please, forgive me.” Her pretty eyes were hopeful as the tears felt from them, making it hard for him to say anything harsh.

 

“Well, it's done. I'm not saying I'm not hurt right now, but this will pass.” He tried to give her a small smile, but that was all he would give her for now. No hugs, no proximity. 

 

“Can I drop by your place so we can talk more?”

 

“Listen, I'm not sure. Just give me more time. I really need it right now. A lot on my plate to deal with.” His words were soft to soften the blow, but it didn't work because she looked pain stricken. 

 

“Because of Junho?”

 

“What? Why? No,” he sputtered. Where this came from? She looked like she wanted to say more, but closed .

 

“Okay. I will give you time. But please talk to me, okay? I think... I- I made a mistake...” She looked the other way. “I miss you,” she added, her sad eyes cast down.

 

“Alright.” Chansung was at loss for words. Did she want to get back together? “I'm busy right now, okay?” He sighed and opened the door to let her pass. He didn't want to be rude, but he had the most tense meeting of his life in a few minutes. 

 

“I'm going to say goodbye to the boys,” she said with a smile when they left the room.

 

Junho's head snapped up when they entered the rehearsal space. He looked tense, angry. And an angry Junho was a force to be reckoned with. Taecyeon eyed them warily, but had a relaxed posture on the bench.

 

“Just came to say goodbye to you two. I heard 2pm will try to get back together. I hope this happens. Fighting,” she confessed, a sincere smile on her lips.

 

“Bye, Jia,” Taecyeon and Chansung said in unison.

 

“Yeah, bye,” Junho finally spoke after a few seconds. However, when the girl was by the door, he called her again. When she turned, his friend added. “But let me show you something first.” And no one was ready for what he did, mostly certainly not Chansung, the biggest victim.

 

Junho grabbed his collar and give Chansung the biggest liplock ever. With no shyness at all, in a very lewd fashion, he hang himself on his neck and caught his lips, inserting his slick tongue inside Chan's mouth. And surprisingly, the maknae didn't fight it. Oh no, he could only place his hands on Junho's waist and enjoy it. Oh boy.

 

AN: So??? I honestly love writing Junho this way. He lost many years already, no one is going to parade around his boy, am I clear?

 

And did you guys see the teaser? Amazing *_____*

 

ps: found a lot of typos, hope no one read this before I edited again D: 

 

See you around, bbs. And again, thanks for the kind comments and for the new subscribers. You guys keep me going ;)


And this is the picture in Chan’s dresser:

 

UP NEXT: Minjun