Chapter 19

Back to you

 

AN: I know I promised Chansung, but writing Junho now made more sense. So here's some Nuneo:

 

Chapter 19

 

A few nights ago

 

Junho gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white with all the force he was applying. But he couldn't help it. His shoulders were tense, his whole body singing with stress and nervous energy. Therefore he needed an outlet, aka, the innocent wheel needed to be strangled. He pretended the dark circle was Minjun's neck, the sole responsible for all this nervousness.

 

True, he was glad for the opportunity to see Chansung and everyone, but he wanted to prepare himself or at least rehearse something he could say. Just this morning he was thinking what he would say if he saw him again and now there he was, driving silently, side by side with the object of his obsession after being ambushed by everyone.

 

So, how is life?” Oh uh, bad choice of topic, but he desperately needed to kill the silence inside the car. But it was a stupid question nonetheless. The guy was just abandoned on the altar. Judging by his stubble and hollow eyes, he wasn't taking the whole situation lightly. Which brought a pang to his stomach, a familiar feeling that came whenever he heard the words Jia and Chansung together in a sentence.

 

It's okay, I guess.” Junho wasn't looking him in the eyes because he needed to drive, but from his side vision he saw Chansung frowning and shrugging. But he desperately wanted to stop and shake his friend, to tell him he wasn't supposed to pine for Jia.

 

I'm sorry about that.” It wasn't what he wanted to say, but it was sincere anyway. What kind of fool let go of Chansung? The irony didn't escape his mind, making his mouth go sour and his stomach do a weird spin. He was someone who let go of Chansung once, wasn't he?

 

Chansung laughed, an easy going, rich sound that eased the bad taste he had in his mouth a second ago. “Don't worry, I'm going to be alright.” In that moment, they looked each other in the eye. For a fleeting second, he saw the pain in Chansung's eyes, but also his optimism. Despite being kicked too many times, he was still the same old positive fool. And that's when the tears came. Did he break Chansung like that too?

 

Junho hit the brakes suddenly, making their bodies move on their seats due to the abrupt movement. The car stopped by the road in a residential area, but Junho didn't care about his surroundings. His tears were falling freely, pouring on his face even faster when he saw the concern on Chansung's face.

 

What's wrong, Junho-yah?” Those words - the sweetness, the worry in them – brought back memories of tears brought on by hard moments and the memory of the maknae, always by his side. Sometimes a hand on his nape, sometimes a hug, sometimes a smile. But always kind, always there.

 

But unlike his bittersweet memory, Chansung didn't touch him now. Yes, the worry was there. However he didn't come close, not giving Junho the touch he craved so much.

 

Nothing, I guess I'm just a little emotional.” His voice trembled. “ A lot has happened today and I didn't have a chance to think this through.”

 

I guess it wasn't nice of them to surprise us like that,” Chansung added in a playful tone, grinning slightly. “Junho,” he whispered, smile quickly gone. “Don't you want to get back together with 2pm?” Earlier today, Junho thought Chansung didn't want to reunite with their group, but his small voice now maybe told a different story. He seemed afraid to hear the answer.

 

I want to. I guess...” he trailed. Why was it so hard to express his feelings? There were times he was a direct person, always straight to the point, no regrets. But there occasions he couldn't confess the the simplest things.

 

You want to, right?” He giggled lightly, his silly voice echoing in the car and going straight to his gut. The sound was like a long lost childhood melody, caressing his ears and bringing warmth to his body. And the biggest smile to his face.

 

Yes, I do,” he confessed, maybe a little shyly at first. But soon enough he joined Chansung and they both started laughing like idiots. Amazing how the tension he had earlier quickly dissipated. But that usually happened when Chansung was by his side. He felt lighter, he felt whole. But that easy going mood couldn't continue, not when still had things to patch up. “Listen,” he tried.

 

Immediately, Chansung grew weary. “Junho-” Chansung warned, as if feeling what was to come.

 

No, let me just say something. I'm going to say it once because it's not easy to me, okay? I'm just sorry. I behaved very badly, I was an . I know there are things we will only fix with time. But I just wanted you to know that,” he uttered, no pause between words and no chance for Chansung to retort.

 

Chansung cast his eyes down, looking intently at his hands. When Junho thought he wouldn't say anything, he opened his mouth and spoke calmly. “I know. I'm sorry too. I didn't plan for all those things to happen. I felt regretful when the band went through hardships because of me. So I guess we all want a clean slate right now. Right? A chance to make things right. So don't over think too much about what is behind.” He finally looked up and gave Junho one of those lopsided smiles, making his heart skip a beat.

 

Since he felt better, Junho started the car and drove towards Taecyeon's house. Quickly, they reached the two story house. He wished he drove more slowly to make their moment last forever.

 

So, I guess we see each other?”

 

Yes. I guess,” Junho added with uncertainty. In fact, he couldn't wait. There was so much he needed to talk, to confess. He missed their long talks, how Chansung listened to him without any complain and always gave him the best advice.

 

Bye then.” Chansung extended his arm for a handshake, an awkward smile on his handsome face. Junho looked down at his hand, but to hell with it. He ignored the hand and went for a hug. He didn't care if the maknae didn't want to. Junho missed his skin, his smell.

 

Chansung gasped when he felt the arms around his waist, but quickly recovered patting Junho's back like he was pacifying a small child, which only made Junho to press harder. Finally, the maknae hugged him back. Not happy with close proximity, Junho put his face on that broad chest, needing to feel his scent better, to have his skin closer. But it wasn't enough. It was never enough for Junho.

 

Before Chansung let him go, Junho's face progressed to the maknae's neck, making the other inhale sharply. Before he caught himself, he pecked the slick skin. Once, twice.

 

Junho...” Chansung trailed, not enough force on his words. He kept trailing tiny kisses on the smooth skin until he reached the rough patch on his cheek. That stubble was so hot, so male and he wanted to rub himself on it. So he did it. Like a purring cat, he felt created friction between his bare skin and that trail of hair on Chansung's face. And the other wasn't unnafected judging by his low groan.

 

But suddenly he was apart from the skin he missed so much. He cried at the loss of contact, but Chansung had his hands on Junho's arms stopping their previous embrace. “I gotta go, Junho,” he said, hurriedly leaving the vehicle, not even looking behind. Junho stared at his retreating back with disbelief, mouth hanging open. What has gotten into him? And why did it felt so good? He didn't know. But he wanted more.

 

 

“Have you lost your mind?”

 

Junho groaned, massaging his ears. He guess it was to be expected to have JYP yelling at him so early in the morning, but he didn't have to be so loud.

 

“No, I'm-”

 

“I can understand why they are doing it,” he shouted, interrupting Junho's words, making him realize this wasn't actually a conversation, but a Park Jin Young monologue. “I mean, they don't have a career anymore, but you...” he sputtered, his voice angry. But he wasn't done. “And you dare not to take my calls and only come here when we are having this meeting with the rest of them. Answer your phone next time, you bastard. And give me a heads up too.”

 

Junho chuckled at words. Sure, there were a lot of heat on them, but it was mostly harmless venting. He knew Jin Young cared for the others, even though he was forced to take hasty decisions in the past. And he indeed avoided that conversation because he knew he would receive a scolding anyway.

 

“I'm sorry, hyung.” From the other side of the room, JYP was trying to control his breathing. His spacious office has a minimalist decor, a cold feel to contrast to its owner hot headed nature. “You know I'm grateful for the things you did to me, but I think it's time to get 2pm together again and I think you know it.”

 

Jin Young sat down with a thud, his posture clearly showing defeat. “You know I always had a soft spot for 2pm, Junho. But sadly for you I'm not the only one to be convinced. I hope you guys have good arguments because those suits down the hall are sharks who only care about money. And I don't know if 2pm equals money right now.”

 

“I know. We will do our best. But a help would come in hand.”

 

“Yeah, you bastard. That's why you should answer my calls when I call you. Now go, go. Go prepare your friends for what's to come. I will be having a few talks of my own.” Junho smiled because he knew they had someone on their side. But it wasn't enough.

 

He left to room and sat down on training room to wait for the others. Taecyeon was the first to appear. His bandmate were a suit and had a briefcase. And surprisingly, he cut his hair. Now he looked more like the suave man he was years ago.

 

“Hey, Junho,” he sat down and quickly hugged his friend.

 

“What's up with the serious look?”

 

“I need to look professional. I brought a presentation to blow their minds away.” The dark pinstriped suit contrasted to his youthful grin. But that was Taecyeon, sometimes somber, sometimes a kid.

 

“What kind...” he tried saying, but didn't finish talking because Chansung entered the room. And like Taecyeon, he had a business feel to him. The maknae had tight blue pants that hugged his legs like a lover and a matching blazer with a white pristine shirt underneath. The bastard even left some buttons undone. But there was something Junho didn't like.

 

“He shaved,” he said to himself in a low whisper, a frown on his face.

 

“Why? Do you prefer rough kisses?” That made Junho choke with his spit. Taecyeon giving slaps to Junho's back wasn't the visual he wanted to greet Chansung with. But that was what happened anyway because he couldn't stop choking.

 

“Is everything alright? Junho, hands up. Taecyeon, you don't have to hit him so hard.” The troll was totally laughing at his expense, hitting him as hard as he could.

 

“I'm alright,” Junho managed to say after drinking a sip of water Chansung offered. “Taecyeon made a silly joke and made me gag. That's all.”

 

“Yeah, right,” Taecyeon acquiesced, but gave him a knowing look. But quickly the conversation was directed at strategies and ideas, the mishap easily forgotten. They were so engrossed in their talk they forgot their surroundings.

 

With a notebook in hands, Junho scribbled random ideas for 2pm and their mission. But his thoughts often drifted to the person at his side. And suddenly he smiled so much his cheek hurt.

 

“Hi.” He heard her before he saw she was approaching. But he was so fixated on his writing that he failed to see her - the last person Junho wanted to see. When he looked at the Chansung, he was giving the woman a look that probably matched Junho's.

 

“Jia,” Chansung muttered, his words so low - almost a whisper – and face full of wonder. “What are you doing here?”

 

Junho's head felt like exploding. What was she doing here indeed?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: sorry for the delay. I had my bday this week, so it was busy and at the same time, lazy week.

AND OMG I can now officially celebrate more than 100 subscribers. Thank you so much, guys. You guys are amazing ♥

 

 

 

 

UP NEXT: Chansung