Chapter 14

Back to you

 

AN: I'm sorry for not updating on time. I had some busy days. But hope you guys like it, although it feels rushed because I wanted to post as soon as possible.

And again, thanks for subscribing and commenting. You guys are the best ;)

 

 

Chapter 14


Junho stopped his car in front of Minjun's home. From the outside, the place looked like a big family house with its two stories and big yard, but Junho knew better. He visited the residence before on social occasions. On one of those opportunities, he even met the adorable Soohyun. But never before he visited the place on a professional note.

He puffed his cheeks and rang the bell. A few seconds later a disheveled Minjun showed.

“Oh, you are here, Junho,” he said, laughing nervously. The action made Junho squint his eyes. Junho knew his friend like the palm of his hand and he recognized this quick, comical laugh. Minjun was restless, possibly hiding something.

“Hi, hyung.”

“Come in,” Minjun said after they quickly hugged. “And remember to be calm, okay?”

“What do you mean?” he asked while he took off his shoes. He was about grab his sunglasses and put them on his pocket, but something about Minjun's attitude told him it was best to keep them on his face to hide his emotions.

“You will know in a second,” he said and pushed Junho gently towards the living room. Nothing could ever prepare him for what he saw in that cozy living room. Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Wooyoung. Chansung.

Shocked to the core, he looked at them one by one. But when his eyes hit the maknae, his heart actually skipped a beat. Looking at Chansung's sad eyes, he dealt with a million feelings. Regret, bitterness, love. But the emotion who won, like it always did, was pride. Maybe anger. Maybe both.

“I'm out of here. I don't appreciate being ambushed,” he said angrily. But when he saw Chansung cringe, he immediately regretted his words.

But that's how it was with them. Junho would always say something that would hurt his bandmate and he would always regret it, wishing the maknae would tell him to shut up, to beat some sense into him. But Chansung never did because that was not how Chansung was built. He was calm and patient, so unlike Junho.


“No, wait.” Minjun grabbed him. “Why are you behaving like this? Hear us out. You don't even know what is this all about.”

He heard the words, but nothing registered. The only that mattered was Chansung in the room. Except for the growing stubble that made him Junho go there and rub his face on those unshaven cheeks, he looked exactly the same. A hopeful fool with his puppy eyes. Even after life kicked him so many times, he still had that face. Junho wanted to go there so bad, but every time he opened his mouth, only bad things came out. And Wooyoung's hand holding Chansung wasn't helping either. Junho was so jealous and hurt, he couldn't control himself. Were they together all these years? Was Wooyoung the reason for the failed wedding?

“Oh, please. It's about a reunion. Isn't it?”

“Well...”

“I knew it. But I'm gonna make this easy. I'm not going back to 2PM. I have a career now. A big one, I'm not going back to living together with 5 guys and little say about the music I do. I am my own boss now.”

Congratulations, Junho. Now you hurt all of them, their sad faces a proof he was being callous and mean, but he couldn't help it. He was caught unaware and didn't know how to react. All he wanted was to sit down and talk to them normally. But the hurt from two years ago still made his heart bitter. Looking at Chansung's disappointed face, he went back to that day.


A few years ago

Junho's hand dropped still holding the newspaper. The title of article read '2PM member Chansung caught in a scandal in Japan' and explained with details how he seduced, had and kicked a girl out of his room after they finished the dirty deed. The woman was called Misako, an extra of Chansung's drama.

He let the paper drop to the floor, but his hands were still shaking uncontrollably. He couldn't believe Chansung did this. He ruined everything now, surely 2PM couldn't resist one more scandal. But what hurt the most wasn't about their band. He felt so betrayed and angry he couldn't even cry.

His phone started ringing, but he chose to ignore it. He didn't want or need to talk right in that moment. So he left his tiny quarters on the base he was serving to do his daily chores.

Later that night, he came back exhausted and sweaty from his activities. All his daily work ended up being a blessing because he was able to forget it all. But the second his feet hit his quarters, he was back in the hell of uncertainty and anger. The newspaper still lay on the floor with Misako's innocent face looking at him. His phone, now with more than a hundred unanswered calls, stood on his nightstand. But he never called people back.

He just lay down on his bed and looked up for hours, as if in a daze. Eventually he drifted off to sleep, but he couldn't tell when. Next day, his alarm clock rang on time, but he was already dressed for a new day. He didn't remember crying, but his eyes were swollen. But he was in the army and there was no makeup to hide it. He felt his room anyway.

Private Lee, your brother is here,” his superior said as soon he presented himself for duty.

My brother, sir?”

Yes, he said there is a private matter, something really urgent. We usually don't allow those things to happen. But he looks distressed,” his commander said in somber expression. “Please, make it quick. He's by the woods”

Yes, sir.”

Junho walked towards the outskirts of the base, where the quarters ended and the woods began. It was the perfect place. More privacy to talk, maybe scream. And Junho would definitely need the space because he certainly didn't have a brother. With a scary certainty, he knew who it was.

When he arrived by the trees, he saw that back he knew so well. Like he thought, Chansung came to visit. The maknae turned when he heard the steps and what Junho saw destroyed him a little bit. His bandmate looked destroyed, eyes wide and swollen and tears still falling from his red face.

Junho,” he said in a broken voice. Chansung came close, his arms outstretched to hug him, but Junho retreated at the very last second.

What are you doing here?”

I needed to see you. Something happened, but I swear...”

How could you do that?”

I-I didn't,” he trailed.

Don't bother. I can't believe you ruined everything. Do you think we can survive this?” He was the one making questions, but Junho didn't know himself what he meant. He wasn't sure if he meant the band or the two of them.

You said you didn't love me. I drank a little too much because I was sad. I'm sorry. But I think she's lying, Junho.”

I don't want to hear it. You can't even admit what you did,” he said looking Chansung in the eyes. 2PM youngest tried to come close again, his eyes still full of tears. But Junho gave a step back again. “Go away. This time for good.”

Please, don't go. I need you.”

This time Junho was the one walking away, not daring to look back. But the broken 'I need you' never left his mind.


Chansung got up, scaring Junho. He would walk away now, he was sure of it. Please, don't walk away. Please, don't walk away. I'm sorry I'm so mean. That was what he wanted to say, but the voice never came. In the end, Chansung only talked to the little boy and took his hand.

When they passed, Junho looked down. He couldn't face Chansung, not now. The regret of sending him away twice almost ate his soul away, so he hid behind a mask of indifference.

“What about his scandal?” He asked because he was curious. What would they do to get 2PM together? If they thought JYPE would agree to do this they were seriously crazy or foolish. But he guessed his voice came louder than he expected because on the top of the stairs Chansung looked down, but this time with hatred in his eyes. Ouch. No more longing looks, Junho finally managed to break Chansung.

“Come here,” Taecyeon said and grabbed him by the arm.

“Ouch, you are hurting me.”

“Well, cry me a river. You've done enough damage for today.”

“Hello, Junho-yah,” Wooyoung waved, smiling brightly while Taecyeon dragged him through the room. But he didn't have time to reply because caveman took him to the the back yard.

“Bye, Junho,” Nichkhun said, grinning. They seemed to be having fun, those bastards.

“Okay, let's talk.” Taecyeon finally let him go.

“Yah, no need to-”

“Shut up. Shut up. You talked a lot already.”

“Taecyeon, you are waay ou-”

“Shut up. Do you want to lose him? Is that what you want? Do you want him not to talk to you for the rest of your life? Good job, it seems to be working.”

That did it. That wasn't what he wanted. Junho wanted to be brave, to be courageous. To scream his feeling on top of his lungs. But all he did was run away.

“I don't want to,” he confessed with watery eyes. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. But it seems I make mistake after mistake. I'm so afraid, Taecyeon. Help me, please,” he said, tears finally falling free.

The taller man engulfed in a hug and soothed him. “That's alright. It's going to be alright.”

“I miss you guys. I miss him. But I'm afraid to be hurt again. What if he never forgives me?”

“You guys need to work on this. I won't meddle, but I know you guys need to talk calmly. Like adults.”

“I know, I know.” They let each other go. He didn't want to talk about Chansung anymore, too intimate for a backyard conversation, so he changed topics. “But tell me about 2PM?”

“We miss each other, our golden days, our friendship. I know you miss it too. I know you are better now, but at least think about it, okay?”

He didn't tell Taecyeon, but he missed the old days too. He loved his solo career, but money and fame could only take you so far. What was happiness if you can't share it with people you love? Band life was hard and stressful, but in the end of the day, the people he loved most in the world were at your side. 2PM was the world to him. So he made a decision.

“I agree,” he said unexpectedly, scaring Taecyeon.

“What? Not gonna hear my plans?”

“No need. You need me to make new plans now.”

“You didn't even hear the ones I got.”

“I will listen, but I can already tell you it's not gonna be enough. You need me, I'm the only one who can bend JYP. Trust me.”

“Ahhh, our confident and smug Junho is back. I like it.”

They went back inside, big smiles on their faces. Wooyoung's face lit up when he saw the scene. “You are on board?” he asked happily.

“Yep.”

“Yaay,” he added. While Junho hugged Nichkhun, he still followed Wooyoung's expression. But his friend wasn't laughing anymore. He looked up with a worried expression, as if he could see Chansung upstairs. No need to be a psychic to guess what was on his mind. Junho was in, one left to go. After the foot on his mouth, convincing Chansung wouldn't be easy. But no more hiding. Junho was going to take what belonged to him.

 

 

 

AN: Seriously, I can't stand writing drama anymore between my bbs, but I wanted to show how they are in that awful place they are in the future. But now the game has turned. Tell me what you guys think of our different nuneo. Did he go too far? What will Chan do? Please comment *___*

 

UP NEXT: Wooyoung :D