Chapter 17

Back to you

Chapter 17

 


A few years ago

I want a divorce.” Four little words. Words that hurt like a knife stabbed to the chest. Words that cut like a sharp blade, deep and lethal. Words that wounded body and soul. Words that shattered his world.

But Minjun felt nothing but numbness.

He scoffed, the only reaction he managed to give. There he was. Disheveled. Drunk. Depressed. The darkest place he ever been in his life. And she came to close his coffin.

Yuri, the person he gave everything. The person who owned his heart in the palm of her hand, the sole responsible for the happiest moments he had in life. But also the one who made him miserable. She came to deliver the deathblow, but not without a few retorts from Minjun.

I figured after everything you did.” His mouth was curled in distaste. He wanted to scream to the world the evil deeds she committed, but just remembering what he witnessed hurt his insides. A tangy, sour taste crept into his mouth just to hear her name, voicing what she did would probably send him to the early grave.

She looked at him coldly, a superior look in her icy stare. But stayed silent. Probably judging him, probably thinking in how many ways he was so inept, inadequate. While he faced the worst turmoil of his life, she remained the same. Red lipstick perfectly applied, the tight dress, hair in a tight bun.

Looking at her, Minjun - once again - cursed himself for not seeing the signs. The coldness, the drive, the ambition. She didn't change now, he was the one who was blind before. Blinded by her exotic features, her seducing nature, her siren's call. But it was the last time she would have power over him.

You better lawyer up, .”



What a tiresome day. Scratch that, what a tiresome hour. Minjun sighed and remembered everything that happened in longest minutes of his life. Junho being stubborn wasn't exactly newsworthy, but he confessed the maknae's prideful resistant was somehow surprising. Nichkhun and Wooyoung had also some sort of new dynamics going on. And Taec was... Taec.

Soft giggles echoed from the living room to the kitchen. He laughed to himself, contentment clear on his face. The affection and care Taecyeon devoted to the boy were heartwarming, which made him cook in the best of moods. Soohyun was happy and his group was coming together. Perfect.

Eventually, the giggling duo joined him on the kitchen and they continued on an easy conversation throughout their dinner. But when he noticed a distracted Soohyun, cutely facing his dinner plate like he was facing a challenge, he decided to make conversation a little more serious.

“So, you never told me about your stay in US,” he asked gently. Minjun wanted Taecyeon to tell him what happened, even though he already knew a few details about it.

“Nothing to tell. Didn't work, that's all,” he looked sideways, clearly averting his eyes to dodge the conversation. He wouldn't confess, so Minjun decided to be direct. They were too close to hide things from each other. Minjun wanted his friend to confide in him, so he pressed.

“That's not what I heard. I heard through a fellow American producer a lot of great producers wanted to work on your album.” Taecyeon looked startled at the revelation. But truth to be told, it wasn't such a big secret in the business.

“Yes. I got some offers, but it didn't feel right. I was fixed on that idea for so long, thought it was my dream. But when I there living it I realized a couple of things.” Suddenly he grew sad. And Minjun guess the reason why.

“You were living your dream and didn't know, right?” Once again he looked startled, like Minjun was the last person he expected to understand him so deeply.

“How?”

“Well, you can say I have the same feeling. Sometimes you want something you forget to cherish what you have. You are looking ahead when your life is happening in front of eyes.”

“Yes. I want to go to America, live there for a while. But I don't know, my life is here. My life is with you guys.” Taecyeon's words touched him so deeply he squeezed his hand in sign of support. They laughed at other awkwardly, but words were pointless when they understood each other so much.

“Errr. I-” he tried to say after a while to break the ice, but Taecyeon's phone started ringing. When he saw who was the caller, he shot upright, a little nervously, and went to the back yard.

“Just a second. It's important.” Was that some girlfriend? His actions seemed a little weird. But he decided to let the issue go.

After a few minutes he came back, but didn't comment on the call despite Minjun's inquiry. Even though the mysterious call didn't leave his mind, he decided not to ask. But the curiosity ate him up during the rest of the dinner. What was going on?

The rest of the meal was uneventful and fun, despite Taecyeon's eventual foot in the mouth when he brought awkward subjects to the table, such as Yuri.

When they were ending their meal, the bell rang. He thought it was probably one of the guys coming back to get something they forgot, so he went to the door with a smile on his face. But the smile fell as soon as he saw who was the visitor. Yuri.

“What are you doing here, Yuri? You will see him next weekend.”

“I need to talk to you,” she said. Quick and dry, Yuri style.

“We can talk later. I have a guest now.”

“I have something really important to tell. Life or death situation and I can't wait anymore.” That made him pause, so he went backwards and let her enter the house.

“Is it something with Soohyun?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, then. Let's talk upstairs.”

When Soohyun saw his mom, he immediately ran to her with joy only the innocent children had. To his baby, nothing mattered except she was his beloved mommy. Unknowingly to her sins, the kid loved her dearly. However, Taecyeon though couldn't be fooled. He immediately understood the situation as his worried face probably mirrored Minjun’s.

“Taecyeon, I need to talk to Yuri. Can you stay with Soohyun for a moment?”

“Sure.”

They went upstairs. He walked in a funeral's pace, dreading the conversation they were about to have. But Yuri walked with her usual poise, body upright and elegant. No expression to her perfect face.

“Shoot,” he said. Last thing he needed was Soohyun listening to their conversation, so he closed the door with a key.

“I'm going to be straight. I'm going to get married.” Ouch. That hurt. As much as you move on, there is always a corner inside yourself that longs for the person you loved. Or maybe longs for the person you were when you were in love. But despite the hurt, this wasn't Minjun's business.

“Congratulations. But this is none of my business.”

“Yes. But I came here to tell you me and my husband will move to London. And I'm going to take Soohyun with me.”

And his world was shattered again.

AN: I swear this is the last update out of the promised time. Will try really hard to update on Saturdays.
But are you guys tired of me? No one talks to me anymore /cries. Please share your theories, thoughts and everything in between. (I was about to drop the author notes, but a friend told me it was nice and I told I bugged you. So here I am again.)

Hope everyone is good and healthy. Love you all :)

PS: I'm sorry I made Minjun curse :O

UP NEXT: KHUN