The Wooden House

Twisted Dreams

 

“Ouch” we both cried in pain after rolling down the hill, thank goodness we only fall for a few feet and landed on a soft ground where most of the trees wiltered and produced a pile of leaf on the ground or else we are done for it.

I thought I will feel pain all over my body but it’s not; instead I felt warmth covering my body. I looked and found Jin Young had his arm over my waist and I could felt his breathe on the back of my neck. My eyes widen as my jaw dropped; my heart hammered against my rib cage. What had I gone into!!!

Is that blood??

“Jin Young are you ok?” I quickly released myself and turn to him,

“I’m fine, what about you? Are you ok” he grabbed both of my arms and scans me from head to toe with his daggered eyes.

Who wouldn’t blushes when someone you ‘like’ looks at you like that. I mentally slap myself as I need to get myself away in this tangled situation. Blood and scratches were found all over his body, he was hurt trying to protect me from falling.

“Jin Young you're bleeding” I panicked as I saw he’s hurt,

I quickly went through my bag and luckily I found a mini first aids box. After I tended the surface wounds, I scanned all over his body to checked if there were any more bruises or wound hidden and luckily it’s only a few. I helped him to sit up and leaned his back on a tree, cleaning up his wounds and covered some smaller wounds with plasters.

“Thanks a lot Hyemi-ah” he said, I felt guilty after hearing that; it was me who causes bruises all over him.

“No you shouldn’t say that!” I half-yelled which makes him flinches a bit,

“I’m so sorry. What I meant was you were risking your life trying to safe me and hearing you saying thanking me, it just makes me feel guilty” my voice started trailed slowly as I was looking down on my lap not able to look at him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know you will feel this way." he said

"How about this, if we’re able to get out from this place you will treat me over a lunch.” He smiled using his casanova skill and patted on my head.

“But that's..”

“No but, that’s all I need” he leaned back on the tree and looks somewhere else while whistling obviously ending our argument,

I sat crossed leg pouting not satisfied with the deal, I mean he RISK his LIFE!!! I’m happy to think that my life was save thanks to him but what if the hills full of sharp rock? We didn’t know that and yet.. Aish~!! I hate this kind of mixed up feeling.

“Oh come on, stop pouting already. We need to find somewhere to stay for the night, it’s already darken out here” his word made me realize that we’re in crisis situation,

I looked around just to see trees and bushes everywhere, it make no differences to find which way to walk since everything seems the same for me. Jin Young stood up and walked around in a circle, he seems to hurt his left ankle since he was limping side way while walking.

“Jin Young-ssi could you please stop walking in a circle, you’ll hurt your ankle even more.” I said while giving him my puppy-eyes (which I rarely use) hoping that he would just sit down since he can’t walk too much.

“arasso, arasso” he sat next to me,

I looked to my left so that I won’t see his face that was near to mine, something caught my eyes and I saw a path that was hidden behind those tall bushes. I stood up as if someone over the bushes whisper; telling me to walk nearthe bushes, I reaches my hand towards those bushes and push it apart making an opening for me to look in.

I was right, there is a path we can walk on but the weird thing is who was calling me just now? Is it only my imagination? Well it is not the time to be thinking about this, right now I need to tell Jin young about this.

“Jin Young-ssi, I think I found a way out” I said,

“What! Where?” Jin Young snapped,

“Well not literally out, I found a path” I said walking back to him,

I helped him to stand up and put my hand around his waist while his right arm around my shoulder,

“W..What are you doing” he shuttered,

“What do you think I am doing, helping you to walk duh..” I quickly close my mouth with my free hand; surprise by the way I talked to him just now, he chuckled as he sees me slapping my own mouth.

We walked toward the opening around the bushes and entered to the other side; we walked along the path to an even wider area. But there was something that bothers me, why does this place feel so familiar? The ground was covered with grass of wintry brown, it’s like I’ve seen them before, following my instinct I started to walked further away from the path and went to the other way.

“Hyemi-ah, I think you’re going in the wrong way” Jin Young notice that I was bringing us out from the pathway but I didn’t listen and continued walking,

After a few moment, everything seems coming back to me; the standard roses which had so spread their branches that they were like little trees, it is exactly the same place that I've dreamed about!!! But this is impossible, it was just a dream. Dream doesn’t supposed to be real and if it is, how did I even know this place, I never been here before.

“Look over there!” Jin Young pointed to a wooden house that was almost blocked by all those big trees,

It had the same fence; the same wooden house that was in my dream. How could this possibly be? Thousands of questions formed in my head but it still doesn’t make any sense.