Zeth the Guardian

Twisted Dreams

I opened my eyes with some force because my eyes feels heavy as it doesn’t want to been disturbed by the uncomfortable lights, hearing the footsteps of people walking in the room. I force myself to get up with the help of my arms, sitting at the edge of the bed. How did I get here? I thought I’m still at the track?

I looked around and founded out that the day has turn into night, it was the light from the lamp that makes me awake, I stood up trying to find someone near and was shocked when I saw Jin Young was sleeping at the other side of the bed.

What exactly has happened? How did I end up sleeping side by side with Jin Young? Think Hyemi, think… Hehe.. This must be a dream, I’ll better get myself awake now.

I kicked the table hard with my right foot and it feels like hell… Does dream feel the same as the reality? I shrieked silently on the floor, blowing some air to my wounded foot. This wasn’t a dream after all.

Realising this I quickly turn my head around just to see Jin Young was staring back at me… My blood rushes up to my cheek as the heat could be felt around me. This is so embarrassing as I turn my head back hoping that this was not real but eventually miracle does not happen at this moment.

“Are you OK?” Jin Young slowly makes his way towards me as I could see that he was trying hard not to laugh and kept on a poker face.

I shake my head and turn to the other side so that I won’t face him,

“I see you hurt your leg. Let me see it” he grabbed my shoulder and uses some strength to turn me around since I don’t give in so easily.

With his famous smile he took my foot and massages it while I’m unwillingly let him to touch my foot. I don’t get it, why is he massaging my foot when it doesn’t even sprain the other way. I kept on struggle to get back my foot but he held it so firmly.

“Don’t move otherwise it’ll get worse” with only a sentence he was able to keep me quite, how can he be so clueless about what was happening while I was panicking furiously inside.

I looked at his hand that was massaging my foot and slowly look up following his arm to his neck and lastly his face, I just stare at him in quite.

The more I stare the angrier I get, he was still holding up his laugh even though it already passes several minutes. I quickly stood up without telling him and stomped (which is a wrong move) away.

“Hyemi-ah, where are you going with your foot like that” he followed me from behind,

“Just laugh all you want, I don’t care anymore” I took a glass of water that was on the table and drank it in one shot,

“What are you talking about” he grins as he poked my shoulder,

“I can’t believe this..” I rubbed my temple as I seat on the chair,

“Just cut it off, I know you wanted to laugh. Stop holding it up, it makes me even more furious” I said as I look at him pouted,

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it really. It just that what were you thinking when you kick the table?” he laugh at the last sentence,

Seeing him laugh also makes me think that I am kinda funny just now. I too laugh at my stupidity, I wonder how many time has I put myself in the same situation today.

After laughing for minutes, we started to get quite since we don’t have energy left after we use it up on laughing.

“Seriously what were you thinking back then?” Jin Young asked looking at me with his figure that was perfectly shines by the moonlight,

“I was just confused just now, I thought I was dreaming since well seeing you slept next to me is kinda impossible..” I murmured the last word since I felt embarrass saying that in front of him,

A moment of quite fills the room, weird why hasn’t he said anything? I looked at him for a while but he doesn’t seem to move even an inch. What is he doing?

Fears swept me off from my seat as I nervously went in front of him and wave my hand, he doesn’t seem to give some response or even blink. Don’t tell me the time stop once again!!

I fall on my back as my tears just couldn’t stop flowing, not Jin Young too.. I’m scared of being alone, I don’t wanted my only companion also drawn away from me.

I was crying in the corner of the room hitting my head hoping that at any moment I will be awaken and all of this were just a dream, but why? Why does it take so long for me wake up!!!

“Master…” I could hear Zeth’s voice in my head which makes me stop crying for a while,

“Zeth.. Is that you” I speak both in my mind and out loud,

“Yes master.. it is me Zeth your loyal guardian” the voice appear in my head again,

“But how? I don’t understand everyone stops but how can you…”

“Listen to me my master, you have to come to the horse stable right now.”

“How can I leave Jin Young when he was in that state..”

“If you wants things to be as before you have to come and see me as I am the only one that know how to make the time flow”

“So you mean there is a way?”

“Yes and in order for it to happen I need you meet me now”

With that I quickly dashes out the room and running fast as if my life was depend on it until I reach the stable. I push the stable door open and dragged my feet forward with an uncomfortable feeling.

I walked in with fear as I follow my intuition and finally founded Zeth was kept in one of the cabin with some others horses that was also stop.

“Zeth” I called out,

The same dark horses I’ve seen came right in front of me as he groaned,

“It took you a while to get here” Zeth complain,

“Please tell me how to makes the time flow again” I begged,

“Calm down master, you will have to let me out of here first. Since we need to do this outside where the moon shines”

I looked at the locked cage and was desperately to find the keys around the stable, my eyes kept on wondering around to finds the keys and luckily it was hang near the entrance door.

I took the keys and unlocked the cage to let Zeth out,

“Now let’s get going” Zeth led the way out to an empty field which I seen through the window of my room.

“Now master, you have to listen carefully on what I am about to say”

“When the full moon shines, many things happens without the human knows. It happen to everyone but only people or creature like us realise it” Zeth sounded like old people when he speak,

“And more importantly, you the carrier of the Xeneus bloodline were one of the high ranks in the world where the special one live” his words makes me shivers,

“But what does it has to do with the time stop? You can explain to me later, right now we need to…”

“It does relate to this event as the power that Xeneus are the main reason the time stop” ….