The Truth

Twisted Dreams

 

After I'm finished bathing, Jennifer then helped me dress up with a different dress. I like the colour of the dress, purple colour that looked slightly bleached, a darker colour follow to the lower part of the dress. It really represent the feeling I had for the past few days.
 
"My lady, the mistress asks us to make you breakfast. What would you like to eat?" Jennifer suddenly asks while her hands still helping me on my hair,
 
"Erm.. Huh?" I kinda confused at the second.
 
"Oh.. You mean breakfast??" I sounded dumb for a while there,
 
"Yes, my lady. What would you like to eat for breakfast?" Jennifer looked at me through the mirror, waiting for my answer.
 
"Where is Mdm. Marlowe?" I asked, still haven't giving her the answer she wants,
 
"She had gone to a meet the Denswale family earlier today my lady" She answer politely, still haven't get use of the formal conversation,
 
"I see, can I have two pieces of toast bread with... have you had any jem?" I asked her which makes her dumbfounded a little,
 
"Jem?? What are those my lady?" she curious to know,
 
"Can you led me to the main kitchen?" I wanted to make myself breakfast rather than troubled Jennifer for some easy problem,
 
"But my lady the kitchen is just for the lower classes to enter, you can't get yourself dirt from entering the kitchen." she bowed her head,
 
"It's fine, I just wanted to take a looked inside" I sounded like a spoiled brat a bit, walking towards the door; turn around and looked at Jennifer with pleading eyes, 
 
"As you wish my lady" she smile  then led me down stairs, 
 
Passes through Jin Young room makes my heart went back to the darker side, but I still kept on wearing a smiley face.
 
The kitchen is situated some distance from the great hall where we eat our meal last night. After entering the kichen I immediately search for the things I need to make me a simple toast, there are a lots of ingrediants here but there isn't the one I seek for.
     
"Jennifer, can I know where is the bread?" I asked as I searched throught the cabinet everywhere,
 
"It is here my lady" she took out a loaf of bread from the cabinet next to me,
 
"Ok.. now let me see" I search through the kitchen again but this time I searched for the jem or anything that is almost the same,
 
With my eyes were wondering around, it seems like there is no hope for me to even eat toast bread until the moment I spotted cheese,
 
"Jennifer can you get me the cheese? I mean can I had the cheese?" I asked her and get a nodded from her,
 
"Of course my lady" she then took a piece of cheese to the table in front of me, 
 
I saw an apron on the table next to me and wear it since I don't want to get the dress dirty, I rolled the sleeve up till the elbow and took a medium size knife from the kitchen table getting attention from a few of the other maids that are in the kitchen.
 
"My lady, what are you doing? Don't tell me you going to use your hand and do the maids job" Jennifer panicked,
 
"Don't worry, I'm use to it. and by the way let me teach you a new recipe so that next time you can help preparing this meal" I smile warmly to her,
 
"But my lady.." she tried to insist but it was too late since I already get myself to starts the fire,
 
"Just don't worry, I know what am I doing. Besides I won't tell the mistress about this including the other maids. Right" I turn my head towards the other maids and get a nodded from each of them, Jennifer seems less concerned now but still feel the pressure.
 
After the fry pan (or what it called? I don't know) is hot enough, I then put two pieces of bread in to it and let it toast slowly. While waiting for the bread to toast evenly, I took the knife and slice the cheese into a few thin line to put it in between the breads.
 
One set had done, now I'm going to do another set for Jin Young, the thought of him makes me even more nervous to front him later. I tore some part of my bread and let Jennifer taste it but she insist of not to eat afraid that she'll get punish, but I managed to make her taste it after a few try.
 
"Jennifer can you make us orange juice to drink" I asked and she quickly and went off to the other table and preparing for the juices.
  
Few minutes has past, me and Jennifer both brought the dishes to the table outside located at the garden, I then asked Jennifer to call for Jin Young to eat. Waiting alone in the garden for Jin Young definately feels like an eternity, thinking about what words should I say when I meet him.
 
"Hey there" Jin Young greeted me with a bitterly smile,
 
"Hey" I couldn't help myself to feel even more guilty,
 
Jennifer had left us alone in the garden to do some other chores, I hope she didn't because now both Jin Young and me were really awkward right now.
 
We eat the breakfast silently, so silent that the only sound we could hear is the sound of the spoon touches the plate. I tried to find some topic to talk about but I really doesn't have any idea.
 
"Hyemi, Hyemi-ah" Jin Young called my name which brought me back from my thought,
 
"Y..Yes" I said nervously,
 
"Your spoon is not on the plate" he pointed my hand with his spork,
 
I looked down and realised he was right, but how can... urgh maybe I was thinking really hard just now and didn't notice that it was out of place.
 
"Oh" is the only word I said to him, then we continued eating until there is no left over on the plate.
 
"Hyemi-ah" Jin Young called out the second time but with a lower voice which send chills down to my spine.
 
I didn't dare to looked up and just give him a 'yes',
 
I heard his spoon was put down on the plates telling me he's done, maybe he wanted to leave.
 
"Hyemi-ah please looked at me" he pleaded me, 
 
I slowly lifted my head with my teeth bitting on my inner lip, looking at his sorrow eyes with full of careness.
 
"I think we should..." before he even finished his word, Katherine came and greeted us with an ethuism energy.
 
"Good morning Ms. Lee and good morning to you too Mr. Jung" she greeted us while looking at me and mostly looking at Jin Young.
 
As what I thought, who can resist Jin Young charm. Now I definately know the answer to my broken heart.
 
"It seems like you guys had finished your meal. Want to take a walk around the cities? I insist" she then gave us the smile that worth a million rewards,
 
I couldn't even dare to make her disappointed and neither Jin Young too. I gave her my answer and she shrieked happily as she hugs my left arm and then looked at Jin Young hoping that he will come along. After getting the answer that she wants, she then shrieked even more, not so obvious but I can tell by the strengh she put on my arm.
 
We went to our respective room to get ready, Jennifer helped me to put on the glove and hat. They say that if you were out door, you need to wear those to be more proper. I didn't want to change the dress though because I really like this dress.
 
I was back in the garden again waiting for Katherine and Jin Young, Jennifer also join us together as I wanted her to go with me. Seeing Jin Young and Katherine walking together side by side makes me think that they are really going to be a wonderful couple. Admitting it myself makes me drown but don't worry I still had my dream guy... Urgh what am I kidding, there's no dream guy anywhere.
 
"Where is Mdm. Marlowe" I asked Katherine,
 
"My mother is still at the Denswale resident, I got out from there because it was so bored in there. So I decided to take you guys for a sight-seeing around the city" Katherine smile so genuinely giving out the positive energy, I couldn't helped but to smile along with her. Jin Young too had change his expression into a more lively spirit.
 
We ride in the horse carriage, for the first time I feel so excited to see the outside view through it. The entire time I was only looking outside the window of the carriage, while Katherine and Jin Young were laughing together for what I don't know. I kept on the mask on my face, showing them I'm really enjoying going out, but the truth is I really just wanted to walked alone.
 
As we walked along the street full of people with different kind of outfit, the stores here are most likely were rare to see in my country, but here it is everywhere. If I had money right now, I definately going to buys a lot of antique stuff for my collection.
 
I then suddenly stopped my track with both of them keep on walking without realizing and leave me and Jennifer, finally I can finds out the trurh of my hypothesis.
 
I took the newspaper and scanned my eyes for the date, the truth eat up all of my soul when I saw the number 1568 stating the year of this time line. My legs then turns into jell'O' and when I walked away the people around me looked at me strangly.
 
"My lady are you alright" Jennifer worried looking at my pale white face,
 
Sweats started to form on my forehead and both of my hands, I continued walking until I suddenly bumped into a guy accidently.
 
"Oh my goodness, my lady are you fine?" Jennifer ran to me and helped me stands up,
 
"I'm fine don't worry." I assured her and turn to the guy that I just bumped into to apologise,
 
Gapsing in disbelief as I take a look on the guy face.