Dream and Reality

Twisted Dreams

 

 

I lay on the grass beside him still looking at his perfect figure; searching if he had any weakness hiding under his sleeve. I couldn’t find any, he was just so perfect. I heard he was humming to a song, I never actually heard it before but I recognise the rhythm it has and without notice I started humming to the same melody as he is. I closed my eyes, breathing the fresh cold air of the woods, hearing the leaves rustling, wind whistling around trunks and birds singing Finally I felt so relaxed as my body started to recognise these soft ground; slowly I was dozed off into slumber.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was a wooden ceiling. I pull myself up in the darkened room with only a lighted candle on the left side of the bed. There I saw a guy writing something on a piece of paper, exhausted could be seen on his face as he kept on flipping the pages of the book in front of him searching for something. I slowly walked towards the kitchen without making any sound so that I will not disturb him.

“You’re awake.” The guy turns himself around and facing me,

I was stupefied; I turn around to face him, giant lump shot into my throat as I just nodded my head. He stood up and walked towards me, his eyes never left mine; gazing into his frantic eyes, it sent shivers down to my spine.

“You don’t have to look at me like that” he patted on my head,

“Do you want something to eat?” he smiled and walked into the kitchen with me follow behind; I didn’t know why I followed him even though he's a stranger to me, my body just move on its own as if it had its own mind, my body seems to know him but not me.

“Sleeping for too long isn’t good for your body you know” he lighted up the candles in the kitchen,

“Why are you so quiet? Is there something wrong? Are you sick?” he asked worriedly and put the back of his right hand on my forehead,

“’It doesn’t seem like you’re sick.” He looked at me as he cupped my face and kisses the top of my head. My legs turned into ‘Jell O’ when he looked into my eyes and smile warmly. Who is he to me? Why is my heart acting like this? I stare at him for I don’t know how long.

“What?” he looked at me with his innocent eyes,

I just shook my head and looked elsewhere to avoid any eye contact with him; he chuckled as he continued lighten up the rest of the candles. I walked out to the garden through the kitchen door, the air was still. The sky was clear, the waxing moon hung brightly among a thousand stars and casted a ribbon of bright light over the sky. The glorious glow of the moon that reflected its beauty on the garden that was untouched for a long time. This is the most precious image that I will forever kept in the back of my mind.

I walked towards the fences that were covered with the leafless stems of climbing roses which were so thick they were matted together. All the ground was covered with grass of wintry brown and out of it grew clumps of bushes which were surely rose-bushes if they were alive. There were numbers of standard roses which had so spread their branches that they were like little trees. It was the sweetest most mysterious-looking places any one could imagine.

“Emilia, what are you doing out there?” the guy is now standing on the door way holding a cup on his right hand,

“Nothing~” I quickly replied and ran towards him,

“Come on, you’ll get cold” he enter back into the kitchen,

I sat on the door way still looking at the woods outside the fences, humming to a song. I felt something fall on my body; I stopped humming and looked up to see the guy was covering me with a blanket.

“You better covered yourself with this if you don’t want to catch a cold again” he sat beside me giving me a cup of warm milk,

“Drink it before it gets cold and could you stop staring me like that, you give me the creep.” He turned my head facing the garden,

I drank the milk slowly so that I wouldn’t burn my tongue, hearing him continued humming the song where I stop; I rest my head on his shoulder and hummed with him.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hyemi-ah are you asleep?” a voice wakes me up from my sleep,

I quickly sat up catching my breathe wiping the sweat on my forehead, it seems like I was in my dreamland again.

“Are you ok Hyemi-ah” Jin Young was now sat up as well beside me, patting on my back.

“I’m fine, don’t worry it was just a dream” I said so that he wouldn’t be worried,

“Really? Okay then. It’s getting dark out here, we better get going and find an exit fast” he said still had his phone on his hand.

“Any luck?” I asked a bonus question which I already know the answer,

“No.” he said with a disappoint tone,

“Well I guess we really need to be fast, the sun is starting to disappear from the sky” I said as I stood up,

I see there were still had some berries left on the ground next to mine, I took the berries and put it into my bag. As we were slowly and anxiously walking along the pathway, we could hear the cute birds humming. Well at least the atmosphere wasn’t so quiet, the road is getting harder to walked as the ground getting steeper and steeper every step we took.

I stumble on a rounded wooden and fell tumbling down the rocks laying beneath the hill. Jin Young tried to catch me but he too ended up falling with me because it is hard to stay standing on ground.