IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are thought by the characters or POV. GRAY are flashback events, dialogue or thoughts by the charcters. 

====================================================================================================================

“are you jealous?”

Youngjae stilled his gaze on the boy in front of him who was showing uneasiness behind those brown orbs, lips trembling, maybe of the cold air continuously caressing his exposed skin, and hands clenching on his sides. He would surely hate himself after this but part of him is telling him that greater regret is likely to happen if he didn’t.

“Daehyun-ah” His voice is demanding. Daehyun looked down on his feet. Youngjae watched intently as the other kept on being anxious with actions.

“not jealous..” Daehyun met his eyes. “I’m just worried”

“you’re just worried?”

Daehyun looked at him and nodded. Youngjae shifted on his feet as he averted his eyes for a second. He bit the inside of his mouth as he tried to hide his disappointment.

“then stop acting like you’re jealous.” His tone was cold and firm that it surprised him. He noticed the other flinched with his words. Words came out of him unintentionally and he wished to take it back. But he knew well that it was late to do so.

“Youngjae-ah” He felt surge of electricity flow inside of him as warmth downed on his shoulder making him stop on his track. He took a glance, enough to see the pleading eyes of older boy. He took a deep breath before facing back the other. He forced a smile on his lips as he pulled away from the boy’s hold.

“I’m sorry..i didn’t intend to sound mean..it’s  just..your actions…are confusing me”

Youngjae exhaled bringing his sight on the crowd’s direction. “you should go back there..he’s definitely waiting for you..i..I’m going home..bye”

His steps were fast showing how much he wanted to run away from the place. He didn’t dare to look back even though his heart was screaming for him to do that. It took him sometime and a great distance before he finally decided to slow down. He led himself at the nearby bus stop and settled on the metal bench. He breathed out as he straightened his legs that were slightly feeling weak and numb.

A low chuckle escaped his lips as he hung his head low, eyes boring holes on the ground below. He then put his hand at either side of his head propping his elbows on top of his knees. 

“what did I do?” He whispered, a drop of tear trailed down his cheek. He quickly wiped it with the back of his hand before sitting up and resting his back at the bench railing. He stared at the dark sky above hoping to see a star to maybe grant his wish to bring him back to minutes ago and take back everything.  He hopelessly let out a sigh before fishing out something from his pocket. He opened the device, stared at it for a while thinking twice of what he was about to do, tapped some keys on it and brought it near his ear.

“yeobeoseyo?”

“hey where are you?”

There was a short pause before he heard the husky voice spoke again.

“in a café..sorry if I left without telling you..how about you?”

“going home.”

Another round of silence took place before the other line decided to break it.

“did something happened?” Youngjae couldn’t help thinking that the other is a psychic or maybe he is just that obvious. He nodded as if the one he was talking to was in front of him.

“Jae?”

“I asked him”

“ask him what?”

Youngjae sighed. He let his eyes wandered around the empty streets. He was about to speak when the other cut him.

“and?” He’s definitely a psychic Youngjae thought.

“he said..he’s just worried about me”

“and you believe him?”

Youngjae paused eyeing his hand playing with the loose strand of wool on his jacket.

“should I not? What am I supposed to believe? I don’t know any more if my mind is playing tricks on me or what I’m seeing is real..”

Another comforting silence took place. Youngjae was expecting for the other to come up with something philosophical and convincing advice but instead a depressed sigh was heard.

“is..is something wrong?” He asked.

“huh?”

“you..are you ok? Did something happened?”

A low chuckle came from the line and somehow it seemed fake to him. “yah..you throwing back my question to me..nah just tired..and you..just go home for now..and try not to over think about things..it will be..fine, you’ll see”

A smile grazed Youngjae’s lips as he, for some reason, believed what the other said. He nodded his head a little before letting out a deep sigh.

“thanks..you, too, go home..bye”

The other bid his goodbye before a beeping sound reached his ears. He put back the device in his pocket before pushing himself up from his seat. He looked at the direction of the approaching bus. He dusted his shoes off of the snow before hugging himself under the thick coat he was wearing.

“everything will be alright..” He whispered to himself. “I hope it will” and he boarded the bus leaving behind the regret of his so called bravest venture.

===================================================================================

Small white crystals started to fall from the skies and brought much colder gushes of winter air. But it didn’t affect, even a little, the boy standing still on the same spot where he was left alone. Frozen on that place his gaze as well never left the direction his friend walked away to. He stared at it, waiting for the said boy to reappear with his usual smile and warmth to melt the coldness he was in. Like before, how he was always there at times like this. But he knew well that it won’t be the case now. For he just wished to a starless night.

When he felt like something hit him back to reality, he averted his eyes back to the crowd which that time was slowly dispersing away from the venue. It was then he finally let his feet brought him to where he was to suppose to go. He stopped on his tracks scanning the area for a familiar face. His still trembling hands held tight on his sides as he searched for that person. He bit the bottom of his lips as he felt an eager need to find him. He needed him, his warmth for he is cold.

“Daehyun-ah” a light pat on his shoulder made him turned his body abruptly. His hopeful eyes changed to disappointment as he didn’t see what he expected to see.

“where have you been?”

“just..there..uhmm where are the others?” He asked.

“oh..i really don’t know..they were with me when you’re in stage then suddenly they disappear..i tried looking for them but they’re nowhere to be found..so I tried looking for you guys..i really thought you all left me”

“mianhe” Daehyun said giving the other an apologetic smile.

“so where’s Youngjae? He promised to treat me ramen tonight”

Daehyun’s smile slowly faded in the mention of his friend’s name. He directed his gaze at elsewhere trying to avoid the topic about him.

“did he already left? did he escape from that treat?”

“I need to go too..see you at school”

“hey..hey” Jong Up was surprised as the boy dismissed himself all of the sudden. He jogged to his side standing in front of the boy’s track pacing both hands on either side of his friend’s shoulder. “are you ok?”

“gwaenchana..i’m just tired..you too..go home” Jong Up let go of the boy and watched him walked away. He was having the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter