IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are Charaters thoughts/POV. GREY are flashbacks of events/thoughts/dreams.

==================================================================================================================

 

Sound of running water from an open faucet filled the dim room as morning rays coming from the kitchen window lighted the space for its only occupant. Daehyun turned the metal knob reaching for the towel laid on the tiled counter. He wiped his face dry walking back to the living room where he stayed the whole time after he was left alone by Youngjae.

“urgh..meori..appa..” He groaned throwing himself at the soft pillow on his sofa. His hands moved towards his temples and massaged them hoping for the splitting headache to be gone.

Daehyun tilted his head taking a peek at the clock hanging by the wall across his position.

What is taking him so long? It is only a 30 minute ride from his place if by car..when he called it seemed he’s not that far from here..

He sighed as he laid down on his back using his right arm as the pillow for his head. He stayed like that just staring at the chipped paint dangling on his ceiling. After some time, a smile crawled his way into his lips. He couldn’t contain his excitement knowing the other will be there any moment. He was having the worst morning because of the hangover but hearing the other’s voice made him feel better. He had been shaking off thoughts about his acts last night but that call seemed to erase everything even for the moment.

 

He shot up from his position as the ringing sound reached his ear. He felt dizzy for a while before he was able to drag himself towards the home phone.

“yeoboseyo?”

“uh..Daehyun-shi..” a girly voice came from the other line making Daehyun pulled the device from his ears instinctively checking for the caller ID.

Ah..Daehyun pabo. He said to himself when he realized what he just did.

“yah..it’s Jieun noona..you’re not familiar with my voice”

“oh..mianhe..”

“deh..oh..i called to ask if Youngjae is still there..Umma wants to know when will he come home..”

“Youngjae?..he’s not here..he left early this morning..”

“oh..jinjja...where is that lad?..i’m trying to call his phone but it’s turned off..” Hint of anxiety could be sensed from Jieun making Daehyun to feel the same.

“maybe he just go somewhere..you know him..he’s always like that...will be gone for a long time then you’ll find out he’s just some place near..i’ll try to call him..”

There was a short pause before he heard a sighing sound from the other. “yeah..you’re right..that kid making people worry..aish..if you get hold of him please tell him to go home..araso?”

“neh…bye noona..” He waited for a few seconds before putting the phone down.

Where is he? He left hours ago. He said he’s going home.

Daehyun dialed his friend’s number on his handphone and got disappointed as he listened to recorded voice saying that the phone is not available. He redialed again but the result was the same so he decided to send a message.

To: ChubbyJae

Where are you? Call me if you read this.

 

He threw his phone on the sofa before he plopped his body down back to the cushion. He eyed the gadget lying just inches away from him still thinking of his friend’s whereabouts. He let out another deep breath as his eyes met with the clock for the second time reminding him of his lover.

He began to feel fidgety as the clock hands continuously moved and still no sign from any of the two. He grasped his phone and hit the call button. To his dismay, after listening to some American style hip hop music, he was directed to voice mail.

What is happening? Where are those two?

================================================

He was gripping the wheels too hard that his knuckles where turning white. He pushed the brakes hastily halting the vehicle with force making his body lunged forward, his head almost hitting the hard object in front him. He then realized that he had been driving without his seatbelt. Thinking about the danger of what he did especially in that state, he leaned back on his seat trying to cool his self off.

He kept his eyes close as the scene earlier replayed in his mind.

 

After securing a parking space for his car, he jogged inside the familiar place to get the request his boy friend had ask of him. Upon entering, the aroma of coffee made him smile and gave him a soothing feeling. He walked towards the counter where, in that time, was serving a couple. Allotting enough space, he patiently stood and waited for his turn. His eyes then drifted to the whole dining area and there he caught the sight of a familiar face.

“Himchan?”

With a smile he walked to the direction of his friend’s table. He also noticed that he has a companion but he was not sure who it was not until their conversation reached his ears.

“honestly..i don’t…know what should I do.. I’ve been struggling to forget my feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter