IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are characters POV. GREY are flashbacks.

ps: please read my rambling at the very bottom of this page..:-)

=====================================================================================================================

 

 

“you got yourself a date?”

Doubt in the his friend’s voice made him scrunched his face as he put the tip of the straw of his banana milk drink in his mouth. He put down the milk carton a bit briskly before leaning his back on his chair and sending deathly glares at one person named Jong Up.

“WAE..WAE..can’t i?” He blurted out after a minute of silence.

“aniyo..” Jong Up replied taking his own drink. He averted his eyes at anywhere else avoiding the killing stares the other was giving him. It took him exactly sixty seconds to be able to hold the query that was itching to be asked.

“but how?”

Youngjae brought his fisted hand on air acting like he was to hit the other. He mumbled something inaudible but it was surely some censored curses.

“what?..i’m curious..cmon you..date..you can’t even talk to girls” Jong up said raising a brow while pointing his finger and moving it in circular motion in front of his friend.

“stop that..she’s the one who ask me out” Youngjae said swatting Jong Up’s hand in the process.

“MWOH?..who is she?”

“Sunhwa..” Youngjae whispered a blush tinting his whole face.

“say again..I think I misheard you”

Youngjae sighed leaning his arms on the table surface motioning for the other to do the same before speaking the name in clear and slower tone. “SUN..HWA..”

Jong Up wide –eyed him pushing his body away from the huddle they formed. He shook his head to show how he disbelieved the boy’s word. Youngjae sighed as he understood his friend’s reaction. Even him took some time to actually trust that scene this morning.

 

“hey Youngjae, right?”

Youngjae lifted his head up from the textbook he’s been concentrating. An English exam missed his memory and the so called makeover plus the last night with Daehyun were to blame. He looked at his both side confirming that he was the one this being was talking to.

“ye..yeah..” He stuttered. The girl in front of him giggled as she noticed the obvious nervousness on Youngjae’s expression.

“I’m Sunhwa..we were classmates last year..remember?”

“of course I do” He replied with too much enthusiasm. He smiled showing his best charm, again, but this time it was actually effective. Sunhwa blushed as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

“uhmm do you need anything?” Youngjae could feel his confidence boosting up as seconds passed with a pretty girl conversing with him.

“well..do you have an English dictionary? I forgot mine and we need it later”

The truth was he needed it too, in his English class. But for some reason, he pulled it out under his desk and handed it to her. Maybe it was her captivating smile or it is her being Sunhwa herself, was the reason. Well, she was her crush back to his freshman year. Nothing special, she admired her like any other boys in their school. She’s pretty and intelligent, who will not like her.

“thanks..”

“you’re welcome” Youngjae flashed a toothy smile, something that he barely does, well never do in front of others except his two friends and family members.

“uhm..” Sunhwa turned her body back to Youngjae’s direction after moving just a few steps away. She walked back, her cheeks were redder than before. “you look good..really great..i love the hair”

“th..thanks”

“would you like to hang out some time?..maybe after school tomorrow..”

“i..i’d love too”

“great..see you tomorrow”

 

And that’s how he was able to score a date in one of the most popular girls in campus. He knew well that Sunhwa was only interested on him because of his new look. She never glanced at him before so it was obvious that it was the makeover that gave him the opportunity.

“Youngjae..you’re kidding me right..you’re referring to a different Sunhwa, right?”

“is there any Sunhwa in the school?”

“liar” Jong Up pointed an accusing finger on him fake cries escaping his mouth.

“cry as much as you want but it’s the truth..i can’t believe it too..she really ask me out..she even texted me..i wonder where she got my number”

He heard a scraping sound of a chair being pushed and looked up at his friend who was standing with a firm expression on his face.

“it’s time to change.. I think I need some of that makeover thingy you had..introduce me to this god that made you like this”

Youngjae rolled his eyes as he stood up from his seat and reached for the other’s shoulder and patted it gently.

“your life will remain at peace if you won’t know him..just be contented on what you have..” And he left his friend puzzled with his words.

Better to keep him away from that crazy narcissist. It’s for his own good.

 

===============================================================================

 “a date?”

Youngjae heave out a sigh as he placed down the book he’s reading when the voice of his best friend reached his ears. He looked at him and smiled.

“and with Sunhwa..” Daehyun pulled a chair placing it in front of Youngjae’s desk. His face was oozing with curiosity and he was just thankful that his friend was not showing the same reaction Jong Up had just minutes ago.

“how?” and there was the doubting he’s waiting for.

“why are you all asking that?..is it really that impossible for me to have a date?”

“well..yeah..”

“yah Jung Daehyun”

Daehyun chuckled. “sorry..i am just surprise with it..I mean you..I didn’t know you like someone..you never tell things like this to me”

Daehyun is right. It is not like he doesn’t want to share matters like this with him. All he had are simple infatuations, nothing serious to tell others.

Well, not all. There is one person that he considered as real, but because of his in denial self he didn’t realize how true his feelings are. And the time he was able to accept it, it was too late.

“so are really going to date her?”

“who am I to be choosy?..and I think it’s about time for me to have a girl friend”

“you’re serious about this, huh?”

“well..yeah, I’ll give it a try and see where it goes..i mean, she’s perfect..no reason for me not to be serious..and not like her, right?”

“right..” Daehyun smiled as he stood up from his seat and gave Youngjae a light pat on his head. “that’s great, little Youngjae had grown…oh well, good luck with the date.”

As soon his friend disappeared from the door, Youngjae sighed closing the book on his desk then directing his gaze at the view outside the window beside him, a small curve on each tip of his lips became visible.

Maybe this is what I really need. I’ll forget about you and everything will be back to how it used to be. It will, I wish.

===============================================================================

The day of their date came. Youngjae has been nervous since that morning and as time went by, he couldn’t stop the tension building inside him. Jong Up kept on telling him things about do’s and don’ts on date like he’s kind of an expert in this area and it didn’t help ease his nerves. When he heard the dismissal ring, butterflies started to flood his stomach and his heart drummed like crazy. It only got worse when he saw her standing by the gates waiting for him.

“are you ok?”

A concern voice made him instinctively reached for his drink as he tried to have an eye contact with the girl across him.

“ye..yeah..”

“relax..i don’t bite you know..just think of this as a friendly date..”

Youngjae forced a laugh as he again took a sip with his refreshment. The place is air-conditioned but he felt like he’s in a furnace. Sweats forming in his forehead and on his palm were the proof of how nervous he is at the moment.

“uhmm..so Youngjae..this is embarrassing but..do you have a girl friend or someone you like?”

“yes..i mean..none..yeah I don’t have a girl friend” Youngjae wanted to slap himself for being in this state. He’s not some inexperienced kid to act like this. Well, the inexperience part is true but really, even him can’t stand his own awkwardness.

“great..so can we do this again?”

“no..i mean I love yo..no..i’d love to..”

Sunhwa laughed covering with her slender fingers. Youngjae just grinned still feeling pity of himself.

“uhm..Youngjae”

“hmm?”

“that is my drink..” Youngjae looked at the glass that he just drank and realized it was mango. He ordered a chocolate.

“I’m sorry...i will order you a new one..”

“no it’s ok..really it’s fine..”

He gently put down the drink near Sunhwa’s plate, and bowed his head for apology.

“I’m sorry..i understand if you thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter