IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are characters thoughts/POV. GREY are flashbacks of events/dialogue/thoughts.

===============================================================================================================

 

Himchan stared at the boy sitting at the white bench against the corner wall of the small police room. He sighed as he took in his friend’s state before focusing back his attention to the officer across him.

“here just sign this..” Himchan took the pen and signed the release paper. “just tell your friend to be careful next time..if this happened again, we’ll be locking him up for real..and no bail can help him”

“neh..i’ll make sure that he’ll understand that..” Himchan gave his sweetest smile as he reached for the officer’s hand for a shake. He turned his body and walked to where his friend was all that time.

“are you going to stay here or what?” Yongguk raised his head to look at him. He felt his growing anger slowly fading as he noticed the band-aid near the boy’s left eye. “let’s go..i’ll take you the hospital..”

“I’m fine..” Yongguk stood up and walked out of the building leaving his friend behind. Himchan gripped the side of his pants trying to longer his patience for the other.

Cold air hit his face as he stepped out of the station. His eyes followed Yongguk walking towards the bus stop shed. Then his gaze caught the sight of his wreck car parked just meters away from the building’s entrance. He shook his head as he felt like crying out of frustration.

 

“really..not even a sorry..Bang Yongguk, you just destroyed my beloved car..what in the world entered your mind thinking that it was ok to drive when you’re drunk..well..it’s ok only if you didn’t decide to crash into a solid..unmoving concrete barrier..”

 

Noticing that he won’t get any explanation or an apology from the boy, Himchan stomped his way in front of him gripping his arm a little harsher than he supposed to. He was ready to receive an annoyed or irritated backfire from his sudden attack but he was taken aback by his friend’s tear stained face. Even though they’ve been friends for ages, he could count with his one hand the times he saw the other cry. He felt his anger seeping down as his grip loosened.

“what happened?” his voice was low as he took a step away from the other. He kept his gaze on him waiting for a reply or maybe a change in his sorrowed expression but neither happened.

“I will accept installment..”

He heard a low chuckle that instantly put a smile on his face. The air between them somehow loss its heaviness as the other lifted his head slightly enough to meet his eyes.

“I’m sorry”

===============================================

Himchan shivered as the gush of cold breeze caressed his exposed skin. He pulled his scarf up covering almost half of his face. He leaned back on his seat watching as white crystals fell from the sky. He stretched his arm catching a tiny drop of these icy gems only to feel a bit disappointed as it melted as soon as it landed on his hand. He let out a heavy sigh as he stared at the empty space before him. Just minutes ago, Yongguk was there standing and crying for a reason he’s not sure of. At that very moment, seeing the vulnerable sight of his friend, made him feel like something sharp struck him inside. He wished to comfort him but don’t know how. He hoped to know what to say but he seemed to be lost for words. He wanted to be the friend that he should be but then he knew he would fail even before he starts.

“this ” He rubbed the sole of his shoes at the white ground kicking a pebble on the process. He sighed before standing up and patiently waited for the coming bus.

It’s been long since he last rode a public transport. He had always hated riding buses but he didn’t have much of a choice. He entered the vehicle, scrunched up his nose as he swiped his card. He head straight to the back seat isolating himself from the rest of the passengers. He fished out his phone and opened a new message. He pressed the first contact on his list and typed a message.

 

To: BYG

I’m your friend..just reminding you about that fact.

Call me when you arrive home.

 

He rested his head on the window his view blocked by the fog formed on its glass. All of these dramas drained Himchan physically and mentally. He’s still not sure why is he involving himself on all of this. He wanted to just walk away and live in peace. But, he can’t. Yongguk is his best friend and either he like it or not, he just couldn’t leave him. And Youngjae, for some reason, he couldn’t stop feeling sorry for the boy’s situation. So even he wanted to exclude himself, he simply can’t.

“this is why I don’t do love..”

 

===============================================

“I’m…sorry”

Yongguk knew that he shouldn’t have left the place after saying just those words. Daehyun deserves more than that after what he did. But seeing the other hurt because of his doing made him cower away.  He couldn’t bring himself to touch or comfort the other thinking that it was him that made the other cried in pain and trembled in fear. He should have done things to make it right. But the remaining sanity in him screamed to run away.

His mind was in mess that he didn’t realize how and when he got back safely to his car. He turned the engine on and without second thought drove his way out of the narrow streets to the main road. His sight was getting blurry as tears started to form at the brim of his eyes and finally crawled down his cheeks. His grip on the wheel was tightening as more tears flow freely as his emotions starting to pour out. The scenes of Daehyun writhing beneath him fighting to escape from his hold and his face full of fear and stained with tears came rushing to his memory making everything felt worst. It was clouding his thoughts, breathing became difficult and heart cringed in pain.

“Yongguk”

His voice rang in his head. Pleading and almost lifeless and it pained him more. It was unbearable that he yearned to feel it physically. It seemed better than to hurt inside. He clenched on the wheel harder feeling all his sense slowly drifting out of him. And before his rational self was back to him, he turned the control towards the first thing that came into his view.

Yongguk felt a strong impact travelled through his body. It seemed all air inside him escaped as he lun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter