Chapter Seventeen

His Voice

A/N: If anyone is still slightly confused on what Chapter Sixteen was about, you may want to go back and    read Chapter Twelve again.

<><><>

Note:

Himchan messages in - Pink

Jongup messages in - Green

...

 

I was in the PC room waiting for Jongup to log in to the chat room that I created. I was becoming slightly frustrated as time went on because I was paying by the hour and I had no extra money to spare. "Jongup, you're late." I mumbled to myself, and continued to check my phone for any messages he might have sent me. We decided on this exact time to talk earlier. 

After waiting for another 40 minutes a small ding! was heard. Looking over to the screen, I noticed that he had finally logged on.

...

 

Strong_Chan has entered the chat room...

M_Jup has entered the chat room...

 

M_Jup: Himchan! Are you still here??

Strong_Chan: Your late

M_Jup:  *You're

Strong_Chan: T-T

M_Jup: sorry...my boss made me work an extra 45 minutes because I pissed him off

Strong_Chan: what'd you do?

M_Jup: I hid from him when he asked me to mop the floors

Strong_Chan: oh my god jongup you lazy turd

M_Jup: by the way.... i don't mean to burst your bubble or nothin, but my boss expects you to work too when you get here

Strong_Chan: what do you mean?

M_Jup: I forgot to mention...I live with my boss....

Strong_Chan: O_O what else did you forget to mention? are you really a murderer also?

M_Jup: sorry Himchan

Strong_Chan: It's fine..but we do get paid, right?

M_Jup: about that....because your living here, you don't get paid...

Strong_Chan: what?? but we need to earn money.

M_Jup: It's okay, I'll talk to Daehyun about it. 

Strong_Chan: okay! oh yeah, what's the earliest time we can get there? My friend is already packing his bags...hehe

M_Jup: Anytime I guess...maybe the day after tomorrow if you're really in a hurry :D

Strong_Chan: Alright, thanks Jonguppie~ I'm really thankful for this you know. I truthfully owe you a lot.

M_Jup: Come on, it's not a big deal at all. You don't owe me a thing.

Strong_Chan: I still feel bad though. You're like an angel Jongup. Just know that I am honestly grateful.

M_Jup: Anything for you Channie~

Strong_Chan: :) By the way, when you have time, can you text me the address?

M_JupOf course~ ;D

1 hour later....

Strong_Chan: my time is running out, I only brought 7 dollars!! I have to go. See you soon~

M_Jup: Later :D

 

Strong_Chan: has left the chatroom...

<><><>

Himchan POV

 

I quickly logged off and gathered my things, paid the man an extra 3 dollars than I intended and left the PC room. I kept my eyes open for any suspicious men who were walking the streets while I made my way to the apartment. So far I spotted nothing, and was relieved when I finally reached the apartments. I pushed the door open then kicked off my shoes and went to find Youngjae.

"Yoo Youngjae! Where are you?" I yelled. Youngjae's head peeked in from the hallway and gave me a curious glance. "Pack your things, were leaving back to Seoul soon!" 

"Really?" Youngjae exclaimed and ran back into the hallway he came from, I chuckled softly. There was no use in telling Yongguk, he already stuffed everything he owned in a bag. I shook my head at the memory of yesterday. Yongguk was so determined to find that guy that it kinda scared me. What's so special about him anyways? 

I shrugged, hopefully this would not end in a wild goose chase around Seoul. That wouldn't be too fun.

<><><>

 

"Please, Daehyun hyung, please!" Jongup was on the floor clutching tightly to Daehyun's pant leg. Jongup hardly ever got this desperate so Daehyun knew that something was up. He figured his friend must mean a lot to him if he was willing to get on the ground.

"No, no and no. So, stop asking." Daehyun tried to pry the younger off his leg but it wouldn't work. The customers in the shop started to stare and he crossed his arms defiantly. He closed his eyes in irritation, sometimes Daehyun thought Jongup was more trouble than he was worth.

"They really need the money! Just pay them while they work here please, I really don't want himchan to hate me!" Jongup fake sobbed into Daehyun's leg, he rolled his eyes and tried to shake him off. Jongup looked up at him and pouted. 

"Fine!" Daehyun growled out, "But you owe me for the rest of your life!" With one final kick Jongup landed harshly back on the floor. He jumped up, shouted "Yes sir!"  and ran away with a final, "Thanks Hyung!"

Daehyun sat down with a big sigh. "This kid," He grumbled in annoyance and shook his head.

 

<><><>

 

It was the next day when Himchan finally loaded the last of their things into the car. Himchan would be glad the day they wouldn't have to pack up anymore, he dreamt of living in a house that they owned and not having to run away from anyone. A lot of worrying went into trying to look out for his brothers, he just wanted them to be safe, and if that meant packing up and leaving he would do it every day. He led Yongguk out first and let him buckle himself in. Finally, when Youngjae was seated, he rounded the car and jumped into the driver's seat. As they drove Himchan's phone started to ring. He handed it over to Youngjae who was in the back, he answered it quickly.

"Hello? Oh! Yes....Yes I think so....okay do you want me to check?" Youngjae paused and bit his lip, "....no...we'll be back in Seoul soon!" He nodded his head, "....oh...yes! thank you! of course...your welcome...bye!" Youngjae smiled and handed the phone back. "It was the doctor! He wanted Yongguk to come in for a check up once we get back to Seoul." Youngjae smiled and glanced out the window where a light fog started to settle in.

Yongguk grunted, "Did it sound bad?" He asked and Himchan glanced at him, Youngjae shook his head.

"He said he just wanted to check up on your eyes." Yongguk nodded at hearing Youngjae's statement, his mind was too occupied to think too far into the doctor's reason for calling. He was too busy thinking of places Zelo would have gone. To anyone, Yongguk's mission would have sounded ridiculous. It sounded pretty much impossible to Yongguk, but he didn't care, and he was going to do anything to find him.

"When are we going to give them their money?" Himchan suddenly spoke up after a few hours of driving, he was both nervous and excited to get rid of the burden they had all been carrying for the past years.

"Once I get my eyesight back." Yongguk's deep voice spoke dangerously.

"What's the point of that? We should just get it over with." Himchan eyed him.

"I want to deal with them myself." He looked over to Himchan, and even though his eyes were blocked by shades Himchan shivered. He sighed and shook his head. Mumbling incoherent things of protest, he pulled off to the side at a gas station. Youngjae hopped out and headed inside to buy some overpriced snacks while Himchan yelled after him not to waste all of their money. Yongguk opened the car door and climbed out. He leaned against the car, letting the cold wind blow his hair around. He heard Himchan making a call a few feet away from him. He wondered how he had so much time to make friends when they were all running away from people all the time.

"Jongup! We'll arrive at your boss's place by tomorrow morning." Himchan's tiresome eyes inspected the scenery around them, the sun had already gone down and the night air turned frigid. He listened for Jongup's voice on the other end, it took a few seconds for him to reply.

"Great, we'll be ready for you. Oh! And I got Daehyun to agree to pay you guys, but I'm not sure about the amount yet."Jongup chuckled nervously on the other end.

"It's alright, and thank you Jongup. I just wanted to give you a heads up." Himchan smiled, "I have to start driving now if we want to make it by sunrise." 

"Be careful," Jongup warned and Himchan blushed a little and nodded.

"I will~" Himchan hung up after they said their goodbye's.

He walked back over to Yongguk and stood next to him, waiting for Youngjae to get done searching for his favorite ice cream flavor. When he finally showed up, a frozen treat Himchan yelled at him."That better not have been over 2 dollars, we're on a budget you know!" Himchan smacked Youngjae on the shoulder, "And it's freezing outside, why the hell do you want ice cream?"

"Sorry Hyung!" Youngjae smiled brightly. They all climbed into the car, with Himchan glancing back to Youngjae every now and then to make sure that he wasn't spilling his food in the car.

Both Yongguk and Youngjae fell asleep, while Himchan drove off into the night.

 

Junhong's POV

 

I watched as Jongup cleaned up his room nervously, he was stacking boxes in the corner and sweeping at the same time. I watched him with amusement until he turned and stared at me.

"Aren't you going to help?" Jongup asked, running to the small window to wash it, he was carrying a bucket of water mixed with soap and he was spilling it everywhere. I held back my urge to laugh and just shook my head at him and pulled the bed covers over myself, it suddenly turned cold in the room. Daehyun told us it would probably snow tomorrow.

"Why didn't you clean up this much for me when I got here?" I asked him curiously and stifled a laugh, I had a pretty good idea of why he was doing all this but I didn't want to accuse him just yet. It was fun watching him squirm around, Jongup smirked at himself.

"Do I really look that ridiculous?" Jongup uttered in exasperation and I nodded and laughed into the bed below me.

"I haven't seen you so nervous before. You must really like him, huh?" I suggested teasingly and Jongup looked away from me quickly, I could have sworn I seen him blush a little.

"What? No way, he's old!" He exclaimed, then mumbled to himself, "Why would I like him?" Jongup cleaned the small window in the room furiously and I continued to laugh at him. It wasn't surprising that Jongup would like someone that he met on the internet, he always had a habit of meeting his friends online through multiplayer games. I figured that finding someone to date would be the same situation.

"Hey, instead of worrying about your room's appearance," I paused, "shouldn't you take a shower and worry about your own appearance?" He froze where he was and gasped, "You want him to like YOU, not your room." I explained to the helpless boy who was drowning in his own sweat. His eyes widened further and he jumped up quickly.

"Oh my god, I forgot to take a shower. Here- finish cleaning up!" Jongup threw cleaning supplies at me as he jumped over the bed and leapt out of the room. I watched him go with a small laugh before getting up and collecting clothes off the ground.

"Why'd you wait so long to clean up Jongup?" I grumbled to myself. Suddenly the door opened slowly and Daehyun appeared in the doorway.

"Hey Junhong," He smiled at me. I nodded softly to acknowledge his presence. Daehyun looked conflicted about something and I watched him curiously.

 

Daehyun POV

Tell him.

Hurry!

I watched Junhong's expression become more confused at seconds ticked by, I had to tell him who I was. There was no doubt, Junhong wouldn't want someone who worked for his father to be around him. He would hate me forever if he knew, I was sure of it. I tortured the kid's body with these very hands.

I glanced at the scars on his neck with tears in my eyes. 

I could have prevented that Junhong...

You wouldn't be like this...

By now my tears were probably falling because Junhong stood up from where he was at and hugged me, asking me why I was crying. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

I'm sorry I made you like this,

I'm sorry I didn't save you.

I'm sorry I beat you. 

I didn't want to hurt you. 

"For what?" he asked with wide eyes. I shook my head, causing more tears to fall. His innocence was killing me, this kid didn't deserve anything that happened to him. 

Would you be afraid of me if you knew?

A few minutes passed when I took a deep breath and pulled myself together. I pushed him away from me lightly and ruffled his hair. "It's nothing kid. Sorry to make you worry." He didn't ask questions, he only nodded slowly. I was grateful for that, so I quickly backed out of the room and walked downstairs.