Chapter Twelve

His Voice

Daehyun POV

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't notice Jongup next to me, "Don't think too hard hyung, you're gonna hurt yourself." He joked with me. I jumped, and then glared in his direction.

"You scared me! Don't you know not to sneak up on me like that?" I pushed him away from me. Jongup chuckled,"Tell your friend that were going out to eat soon." I told him then stood up and walked off.

Jongup POV

"Whats up with him?" I thought to myself. I watched Daehyun furrow his eyebrows, he seemed to be thinking hard about something. I shrugged and cleaned the front counter, watching the last customers of the day finish off their tea and coffee."Okay! I cleaned up, can I go now?" I yelled, I actually only cleaned half of the counter but Daehyun didn't need to know that.

"Yeah, and don't yell in the store when customers are still here." Daehyun mumbled and picked up the cleaning supplies I had left out. "Go tell your friend to get ready."

"His name is Junhong!" I shouted, disregarding Dae's previous statement as I dashed up the stairs and opened the door quietly. Junhong was laying on my bed with his eyes closed. I walked into the room and sat on the bed next to him, Junhong opened his eyes quickly and smiled at me."Do you want to come with me and Daehyun to go eat? It's probably some cheap food since Daehyun spends all his money on himself...but it should still be okay." I rubbed my neck sheepishly. He stared at me, confused.

"I'll just stay here. I think I'm gonna take a walk later, you know I'm uncomfortable around new people. Next time, okay?" He closed his eyes again and I grinned, it was nice having Junhong here with me again.

"Alright Junhong, be safe when you go out." I ruffled his hair and left to eat with Daehyun.

Junhong POV

I was tired, so I buried myself under Jongup's covers and drifted into a deep sleep.

....

"Umma, I don't want to go with Appa to work anymore! Him and his friends hurt me!" I begged her to let me stay home with her, there was a pained expression etched on her features.

"Junhong, didn't I tell you to be a good boy? You don't want to make Appa angry again do you?" I shook my head, tears pooling at the edges of my eyes. She frowned and wiped my tears, she looked like she was going to cry too. "Just endure it for a while darling. I'll tell appa not to hurt you again,  I promise." She kissed my forehead, a sign that she didn't want to let me go, but was going to. I nodded, hoping she wasn't just lying to me.

A few hours later, Appa came to pick me up to take me to work with him. I sat in the car silently, while he drank his alcohol. He was lecturing me about how to do his job right."You can't take from nobody. You be strong, and everyone will listen to you. Understand?" I nodded, figuring there must be some truth in what he was saying.

Soon we pulled up to an old looking warehouse. He got out, and expected me to follow him. I stayed quiet, because that's what made him happy."We need to make you strong Junhong...you're far too weak. Listen to what I say and maybe you'll make me proud, okay?" He kneeled down next to me, I nodded my head once again. I was determined to show that I was worth his love, maybe he would stop treating me badly.

"Boys." Appa addressed some men in the corner of the room. "You need to make little June over here as strong as possible, so he can be like me. He needs to learn to endure." Appa gave me an evil smirk. "Torture him. Break him. Don't let up until he's passed out, understood?" I held back my tears of fear. Make him proud, earn his love.

"Yes, Mr. Choi!" They yelled in unison. After that was said, they advanced towards me.

My screams were not heard, and that night I got to take home scars and broken bones.

But at least I was strong like Appa...

....

I woke up crying, Jongup's pillow case was wet with my tears. I sobbed uncontrollably, curled up into a vulnerable ball.

I could still feel them. Kicking, punching.

I could see the scars, cascading, stretching...

I could still feel the suffering...

My heart, pulsating, and jumping.

I felt sick.

I got up from Jongup's bed and tried to find a bathroom. Stumbling downstairs with a hand secured tightly over my mouth, I could only locate the public one used for customers, but I didn't care.

I ran to the toilet to heave up the food in my stomach. I groaned, my eyes were tightly sealed shut.

...

"Junhonggie, appa is angry at you." His smile was curved up dangerously. Appa entered slowly into my room, the darkness danced around him.

"Wh-why?" I asked, terrified of the answer as I tried to disappear into my bed sheets. He tilted his head, his eyes stared at my neck, I looked to where he was staring.

"Appa...why are you acting like that?" I asked and his eyes met mine. Something in his hand glinted off the moonlight and it caught my attention. It was a small knife, I watched him carefully as he approached me.

"Appa is very angry at you." He repeated. After he said that he slowly wrapped his hands around my neck. I couldn't lift my arms, I was in a terrible state after his friends had beaten me. My head felt like it was about to burst and I stared into his eyes, pleading him to let go of me.

"Please stop..." I choked out, his knee digged into my already broken ribs as he leaned over me. I wanted to scream but my voice was caught in my throat.

"Appa is very angry at you." He snarled.

"Please, STOP!" I cried out as all the oxygen in my body escaped.

.....

I hurled again, throwing up unknown contents into the porcelain bowl. I groaned, the memories were haunting me one by one, tears were falling out of my eyes. 

.....

"I could kill you right now, and no one would care." He whispered to me. I struggled to breathe through my nose. He held my neck up with one hand, and with the other he slowly dragged the blade down into my skin.

.....

Another jolt of my body, and clear liquid poured from my mouth. Dizziness started to overcome me and I closed my eyes tightly.

"Please stop..." I cried out. It was painful to remember. I didn't want to remember. 

....

One by one, he carved thick lines into my skin. Blood rushed down the curve of my neck and tainted the white sheets beneath me.

"It hurts!" I screamed. "Please...please someone help me!" I yelled, and tried to move my arms, but the broken bones weren't going anywhere. My head pounded and I could feel myself losing consciousness.

"Shh...it's okay my little Junhong..." Another jagged line was carved deep into my skin. I gasped for air as he tightened his grip around my thin neck.

"You deserve to die..." He threw the knife behind him, and with both hands, scratched at the open skin. More blood seeped through his fingers. 

I couldn't scream and slowly my vision became blurry. My eyes began to close as his hands tightened around my neck once again. That's when I heard screams, and my mother's voice was heard. I prayed that she wouldn't get hurt.

...

My body gave one final jolt, and the last of my stomach's contents was emptied. I leaned my head onto my arms and gasped for air. I glanced into the toilet I had thrown up in and seen a bit of blood mixed in with my vomit. "I'm sorry," I chanted over and over again, not quite sure what I was apoligizing for. Suddenly, the door to the bathroom slammed opened.

"Junhong?!" Someone's panicked voice yelled. I couldn't identify who it was, I was too tired to tell.

"Oh my god, Daehyun! Get help!" I looked down to my body and noticed that there was blood everywhere. My arms were littered with deep scratches that were bleeding, my fingernails were bloody. I was just now noticing that I had been scratching at my arms the whole time. 

When did that happen? 

"Are you okay?" I was silent, "Junhong, please answer me!" Jongup ran to my side and held my body close to him, I nodded.

"I'm okay," I choked out, and a bit of left over blood and saliva dribbled out of my mouth. Jongup held my head up and my hair.

"I called for help." Daehyun ran into the bathroom and sat on the floor next to Jongup.

"Did he do this to himself?" Daehyun asked and Jongup shrugged.

"It looks like he didn't mean to." He answered him. 

"I'm so sorry." I cried softly. Both Jongup and Daehyun exchanged glances, Jongup was quick to tell me it wasn't my fault and Daehyun held my hand tightly.

 

 

 

<><><>A few days later

 

"It seems like he was suffering from extreme stress and trauma on his body. The reason he was throwing up blood was because of irritation in his throat. At some point during his vomiting, he started to force himself to throw up which caused slight bleeding." The doctor stated. "So you don't have to worry too much about that, but the scratches on his arms will take a bit longer to heal up. His mental health is stable now as well."

Jongup nodded.

"Keep a close eye on him, if something this extreme happens with him again, then please contact us immediately." The doctor informed. "I gave him some ointment to apply on his arms and medication to take. He should be fine now, but I think it's best that you take him home and let him rest." The doctor smiled warmly.

"We will, thank you." Jongup shook the doctor's hand and Daehyun nodded to him as the doctor walked out.

A few minutes later, all three of them were in Daehyun's car driving back to the shop, Junhong's head was down.

"I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause trouble." He glanced at Jongup and Daehyun with a guilty look on his face, he couldn't help but feel like he was a burden to both of them.

"Not at all Junhong. Just rest when we get back, okay?" Daehyun smiled, Jongup put his arm around Junhong and hugged him gently.

"It's okay, we'll hang out when you get better." He offered a smile and Junhong nodded.

<><><>

Yongguk POV

"Ah, poor kid," Himchan spoke softly to himself, his sympathetic gaze was set on his phone in front of him.

"What kid?" Youngjae asked confused, stuffing a piece of toast in his mouth.

"You remember that one guy that I met online? His friend went to the hospital. The poor kid had a nightmare or something and hurt himself." Himchan pouted a little and Youngjae nodded his head in sympathy.

"Who cares? I have a headache Himchan. If you would kindly shut up so I can eat my breakfast in peace that would be great." I spat out. Who wants to hear about some stupid kid who has issues. I'm already in a bad mood.

"I was just saying, at least I have a heart." Himchan said angrily and stood up to move to the living room.

 

<><><>

 

Please subscribe and comment, if you're confused about anything don't be afraid to ask me :D