Only Her

Destiny's Combination

Taecyeon's POV:

 

I took one deep breath and readied myself for the worst as I waited by the entrance of the garden door for any sign of Yoona.

Wait, what was I doing? Am I confessing her today or something? Um, NO. If I did, what kind of idiot would I be? Bad timing. No no, REALLY bad timing. At least I get that much when it comes to these situations.

As I was in my world of thoughts, Nichkhun pulled my arm and I clumsily followed where Nichkhun forced me to go.

"What are you doing?!" I half-yelled, half-whispered.

"I knew it.. So you're just going to explain and apologize? Do you really think she's going to forgive you with just that?" Nichkhun questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do? Confess my love to her?" I asked.

"No babo, I was going to suggest that maybe you should express it both in words and in actions! How about, oh I don't know, performing something for her? Also, why don't you just give her a present or something? I heard from Yuri that Yoona's birthday was coming in a few days. I forgot the real date, but I thought you should know."

"Um, and where am I going to get a present for her? Will it just appear in my hands out of nowhere?" I retorted.

Nichkhun wagged his finger at him. "You really aren't prepared. Here, I bought two different necklaces during break. I thought that maybe if Yuri got mad at me, I could give her a present as an apology. Lucky for you and for me, Yuri didn't get mad at me for anything yet, so I decided to give it to you. It's a good thing I picked something simple. It would match any girl."

He handed me a small jewelry box and as I opened it, I couldn't help but imagine it on Yoona. It was a silver chain that held one simple but cute star.

 

I smiled as I gently touched the necklace, "What can I do to repay you?"

He smirked, "Ahhh, we'll just leave it to the fact that you owe me one in the future."

"Thanks a bunch, Nichkhun-ah..." I began but frowned a little. "But what should I do as a performance?"

Nichkhun smiled, "Aren't you a fan of Rain?"

Taecyeon answered with a confused expression, "Yeah... So what?"

He sighed, "Why don't you perform 'Rain Love Song'? I know you know you have a replica of his outfit in your closet. You even memorized parts of it. You think I didn't notice?"

I looked accusingly at him, "How'd you know that?"

"Um, I've been your best friends for who-knows-how-long. Of course I would know. And besides, we're sharing dorms. Whenever you practice it in your room, you leave the door open sometimes so I've seen you dance it already."

"Oh.." I stated, trying to sink in to the fact that he saw me. "Do you really think she'll forgive me if I do this?"

Nichkhun laughed, "Well, it's worth a try. Good luck."

I grumbled, "Thanks. I'll need it."

"Ah," Nichkhun began again. "I think she would forgive you if you, oh, I don't know, perform it in public."

I sighed deeply. "Got it. I'll need the help of all you boys then.:

 


 

I prepared my performance as fast as I could and put on my outfit. It did look like the real thing and I felt kind of embarrassed in it, so I decided to wear at least a jacket over the top.

Once I saw Yoona, with the help of Nichkhun by my side, I decided to give it a go. She was talking with Yuri happily as she walked towards me, not noticing me, until Nichkhun walked over and stopped them.

"Hi Yuri, Hi Yoona!" Nichkhun smiled as he took a longer glimpse of Yuri than Yoona.

"Hey..." Yoona trailed off as she spotted me behind Nichkhun. She lowered her voice. "Why are you both out here?"

Nichkhun rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah, about thaaaat..." he trailed off as he looked at the bush that was near me. Soon, a countdown from 10 to 1 started to play that could be heard anywhere areound the school garden. Chansung and Wooyoung's heads popped out of the bushes and smiled goofily at them while they held their phones against their ears. Chansung gave a thumbs up and I nervously took off my jacket. From the corner of my eye, I saw that, in the greenhouse, the rest of the girls were smiling from ear-to-ear outside with Junsu and Junho, who were both in charge of the sound.

As I started to dance, the one thing that I thought of, maybe even looked at was Yoona. And only Yoona.

 


 

HURRA!!! Omigosh, I...have...updated~!!!! *applause*

Thank you, thank you very much. *Elvis Presley imitation*

Heehee, thank you very much for reading~!!! :3

1/15/14